Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman (41275 Views)

Troops Clear IPOB/ESN Enclave, Capture Cache Of Arms, Ammunition In Imo (photos) / Malami: It Is Premature To Conclude Soldiers Used Live Ammunition At Lekki Toll / Military Spokesperson, Sani Usman, Retires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by ogododo: 3:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
Former Director Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Sani Usman on Thursday claimed that Military personnel who shot protesters at Lekki toll gate used ‘blank ammunition.

Usman in an interview with Arise News said the blank ammunition used to disperse protesters has little or no effect on its target.

Recall that the Army had earlier denied that its officers were present at the scene of the shooting.

But on Wednesday, the 81 Division of the Nigerian Army (NA) revealed that the Lagos State Government invited the military to intervene during the End SARS protests.

Speaking on Thursday Usman said, “If you look at the canisters, they were blank ammo and blank ammo don’t even kill. At a close range, maybe 100metres – maybe it will have some pigmentation on your skin.

“Remember the military are armed and by the nature of their training, they are trained to kill and I think the military in its wisdom instead of using live ammunition decided to use blank armour which is meant for training.

"I think they should be commended for that otherwise there would have been serious collateral damage, but they were professional enough to have done that.”

https://dailypost.ng/2020/10/29/lekki-shooting-soldiers-used-blank-ammunition-ex-army-spokesman-usman/

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by ACxxxMAN: 3:34pm On Oct 29, 2020
Too much theories just to justify their crime.

Perspective-taking is the neglected secret of constructive problem solving, negotiations, conflict resolution. It's important to consider opinions of others for easy problem resolution. Force doesn't solve problems it only intensify it..

310 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by ivolt: 3:35pm On Oct 29, 2020
It is obvious to even the reasonable blind that no live ammunitions were fired into the crowd. If that happened, we would see the results. The fake "massacre" was a political con job by extremist but myopic propagandists.

97 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Nbotee(m): 3:35pm On Oct 29, 2020
Y are u ppl jus talking from every corner of ur mouth... First d Army was neva there.. And then d army was there but dey didn't open fire and now dey fired but used blanks?

541 Likes 52 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Mykaelz001(m): 3:35pm On Oct 29, 2020
Why does the NA insisting on burying a matter of gross misconduct..why don't they provide the name of the person that ordered the shootings and stop all these cover up stories

234 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 29, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

Yesterday you guys were not there, today you guys were there with blank ammo which have less effect on the target.

Yesterday you guys didn't kill or shoot anybody, today you guys admit you shoot.

NIGERIA army and thier worthless speculations.

Presently, what news do we adhere too?

Bemusement everywhere!!

276 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by temi1290: 3:36pm On Oct 29, 2020
My head don full, this people have successfully confused me,I don't know what to believe anymore

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by TecM0: 3:37pm On Oct 29, 2020
Well Judicial Panel of Enquiry is open let the victims come out or the family of the dead and their relatives

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Righteousness89(m): 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2020
With Statements as these , you will begin to understand that Humanity has lost its Purpose of Existence..

The Value placed on Life is next to Nothing..

My Admonishment to all is to Understand that we are in the World but we are not of the World..
This World is not our Home! We all are just Passing through!
Live life Here in the Conciousness of Where you intend to Spend Your Eternity!
As For Me! Heaven is My Home! Heaven is Eternal Abode..
I am not attaching myself to anything or anyone that will be a Hinderance to me..

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Nbotee(m): 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2020
ivolt:
It is obvious to even the reasonable blind that no live ammunitions were fired into the crowd. If that happened, we would see the results. The fake "massacre" was a political con job by extremist but myopic propagandists.

E b lyk say ur head dey skip.. The same army dat claimed it was never there and videos of dem shooting were photoshopped are now saying they were there and only fired blanks and yet d likes of U are still jumping from thread to thread to spew rubbish

242 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Charmingrascal(m): 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2020
They are trying everything to cover up the crime against humanity that was committed on armless protesting youths at Lekki toll gate.

Eneche claimed the Army wasn't there
Sanwo Olu claimed he didn't invite the Army
Same Eneche claimed the Army was invited by Sanwo Olu but didn't shot.

Sanwo Olu claimed Two armless protesters were killed while others were injured.

Nigeria government and its agents are killers, liars, bullies, cowards and heartlessness dwells in them.

The blood of those killed shall haunt y'all.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Bevista: 3:43pm On Oct 29, 2020
First, they said - WE WERE NOT THERE.
Then, later, they said - WE WERE THERE, BUT WE DIDN'T SHOOT.
Now, it's - WE SHOT, BUT WE ONLY SHOT BLANK AMMOS
---
Next, we'll hear - WE SHOT LIVE AMMOS, BUT WE ONLY SHOT THEM IN THE AIR.

122 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Charmingrascal(m): 3:44pm On Oct 29, 2020
ivolt:

I won't really blame you many of you don't have data to see the videos but you come on here to spill rubbish with you network provider gifted small data.

Y'all are mentally simple, thoughtless individuals with a very dim reasoning sense

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Ofemmanu1: 3:47pm On Oct 29, 2020
Nbotee:
Y are u ppl jus talking from every corner of ur mouth... First d Army was neva there.. And then d army was there but dey didn't open fire and now dey fired but used blanks?
The thing weak me sef

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 29, 2020
The education system in Nigeria has totally collapsed. Just read some of the comments here on this topic. Absolutely no critical thinking, just emotion, emotion and more emotion.

Sad

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Babalawoniger: 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2020
Useless set people. They are doing everything to cover their atrocities.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Tk4all(m): 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2020
.[quote author=ogododo post=95469964]Former Director Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Sani Usman on Thursday claimed that Military personnel who shot protesters at Lekki toll gate used ‘blank ammunition.

But on Wednesday, the 81 Division of the Nigerian Army (NA) revealed that the Lagos State Government invited the military to intervene during the End SARS protests.

See confusion!

Is it not the same army that denied been at the said place earlier

I fear who no fear both the Lagos government and the useless army. always using people's life to play ludo

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
ivolt:
I am an utter idiôt who is also paid to be stûpid.
it’s obvious sha cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Racoon(m): 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2020
This is not the issue Mr.Explainer, the problem is why did the Nigerian Army impulsively lied from the very beginning that its troops were not involved in the Lekki shootings? Perhaps they thought it is one of those killings they can sweep under the carpet in their myopic thinking.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by GamalNasser: 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2020
So the people slug were pulled out their bodies fa? Useless liars

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Kdon2: 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2020
ogododo:
Former Director Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Sani Usman on Thursday claimed that Military personnel who shot protesters at Lekki toll gate used ‘blank ammunition.

Usman in an interview with Arise News said the blank ammunition used to disperse protesters has little or no effect on its target.

Recall that the Army had earlier denied that its officers were present at the scene of the shooting.

Speaking on Thursday Usman said, “If you look at the canisters, they were blank ammo and blank ammo don’t even kill. At a close range, maybe 100metres – maybe it will have some pigmentation on your skin.

“Remember the military are armed and by the nature of their training, they are trained to kill and I think the military in its wisdom instead of using live ammunition decided to use blank armour which is meant for training.
"I think they should be commended for that otherwise there would have been serious collateral damage, but they were professional enough to have done that.”

https://dailypost.ng/2020/10/29/lekki-shooting-soldiers-used-blank-ammunition-ex-army-spokesman-usman/

Lunatics are increasing everyday in Nigeria,! This is another example

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Nwaide01: 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2020
It's meant to be use in training so those who died what killed them. Those people think we all are zone bs.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by OlujobaSamuel: 4:03pm On Oct 29, 2020
Yea, blank ammo that flew from Bonny camp or Dodan Barracks to the toll gate.
E ni ku Si ibi ti aso yin wa.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Guestlander: 4:14pm On Oct 29, 2020
At first they were not there to start with.
Then the videos were fake.
Sanwo Olu invited us.
Now, we were there but shot blank bullets.

Ok, Continue

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:49pm On Oct 29, 2020
ogododo:

So how or who do we believe

If the military said they were NEVER at the Lekki toll gate the day of the massacre, then how were they able to shoot blank armour

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Facidio: 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
From there was no army there to we didn't shoot anybody to we used blank bullets. Very soon it will be we killed only 20 persons

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Jeromejnr(m): 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
H

Happy birthday.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Happy birthday.
And one out of millions noticed kiss kiss kiss kiss

You are blessed

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman by CodeTemplar: 5:07pm On Oct 29, 2020
Every low level sell out wants to impress their oga by developing sellable lies.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic / Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. / Minimum Wage: Buhari Has Scammed You, PDP Tells Nigerian Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.