Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Who Should Replace A Faulty Electric Transformer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Should Replace A Faulty Electric Transformer (349 Views)

Kanu Case ,male Judge From Southeast Should Replace Nyako / Major K Yakubu Killed By Boko Haram After Faulty Vehicle / Movement Or Defection: Akpabio Has Capsized Like A Faulty Boat- PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Replace A Faulty Electric Transformer by McCoy662(m): 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2020
Good day house. I have this serious issue bothering me.
Our transformer spoilt beyond repair some months ago. This is the second time in about 6 years a thing like this is happening. The first time, we contributed money after about 5 months and bought a new transformer; the one that just spoilt now. What's saddening is that we don't really owe the power company, our compound owe about N750 arrears and so goes for almost every other compound. We pay bills and yet the power company cannot install a new transformer when the old ones got bad. Worst still is that, months after we installed the new transformer, the power company came with their bills asking us to pay for the months we had no light. We tried to talk things out with them and some paid while others flared up.

Now we are having the same issue again. Our district at least pays up to N3m every month yet in this critical time, EEDC abandoned us. They neither want to help no even engage the people on how to go about it.
The last time we saw their truck was the day they came to remove the old transformer. That's over a month now.
Their nonchalant attitude is giving us serious concern. I thought we pay for all consumables in the monthly bills: power and other deteriorating equipments. But now no one cares and the worst is that they will still ask us to pay for the months we saw no light.

I'm not very conversant with the power act, so I want to ask if it's right for us to replace the transformer? Replace and pay for the months we had no light??
Re: Who Should Replace A Faulty Electric Transformer by Lanretoye(m): 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2020
where,in nigeria or a sane country?
Re: Who Should Replace A Faulty Electric Transformer by GamalNasser: 4:48pm On Oct 29, 2020
Who should replace a faulty petrol station pump? The petrol station or the customer? There lies your answer

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Replace A Faulty Electric Transformer by McCoy662(m): 4:49pm On Oct 29, 2020
GamalNasser:
Who should replace a faulty petrol station pump? The petrol station or the customer? There lies your answer
We expected it should be the same but no way. They don't care

1 Like

Re: Who Should Replace A Faulty Electric Transformer by GeneralStan(m): 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2020
It's the distribution company's responsibility, part of the reason why you pay bills is to keep their machinery in good order... even if you buy it, it would become the property of EEDC or whatever DISCO you use, though it won't matter as long as it's in your neighborhood but it's a fact.
just like the example of the fuel pump.....

1 Like

Re: Who Should Replace A Faulty Electric Transformer by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2020
In a sane setting or on a Nigerian setting?

1 Like

Re: Who Should Replace A Faulty Electric Transformer by BetaJoe2002(m): 5:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
GamalNasser:
some have head but some have brain.

Your ansa sure like 1.19.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Replace A Faulty Electric Transformer by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2020
GeneralStan:
It's the distribution company's responsibility, part of the reason why you pay bills is to keep their machinery in good order... even if you buy it, it would become the property of EEDC or whatever DISCO you use, though it won't matter as long as it's in your neighborhood but it's a fact.
just like the example of the fuel pump.....

I wonder how Nigerians expect to have serious power supply when the companies in charge are called Discos. You've ever seen anything serious being done when you go to the disco?
Re: Who Should Replace A Faulty Electric Transformer by GeneralStan(m): 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

I wonder how Nigerians expect to have serious power supply when the companies in charge are called Discos. You've ever seen anything serious being done when you go to the disco?

LMAO well I have thought about it too... but unfortunately it's the mess we find ourselves in...
Re: Who Should Replace A Faulty Electric Transformer by Homeboiy: 5:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
Ask Emeka offor

(1) (Reply)

Gov Seyi Makinde Paid Protester 1million Naira In Oyo / Serious Political Question For Southern Nigerians / #ENDSARS: Choice Of Colour For Court Appearance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.