Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Lekki Shooting: Nigerian Army Used Blank Bullets - Sani Usman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Shooting: Nigerian Army Used Blank Bullets - Sani Usman (468 Views)

General Taiwo: Soldiers Went To Lekki Toll Gate With Both Live And Blank Bullets / Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman / Military Spokesperson, Sani Usman, Retires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Lekki Shooting: Nigerian Army Used Blank Bullets - Sani Usman by boman2014: 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2020
Former Director Army Public Relations, Brigadier
General Sani Usman on Thursday claimed that
Military personnel who shot protesters at Lekki
toll gate used ‘blank ammunition.

Usman in an interview with Arise News said the
blank ammunition used to disperse protesters
has little or no effect on its target.
Recall that the Army had earlier denied that its
officers were present at the scene of the
shooting.

But on Wednesday, the 81 Division of the
Nigerian Army (NA) revealed that the Lagos
State Government invited the military to
intervene during the End SARS protests.

Speaking on Thursday Usman said, “If you look
at the canisters, they were blank ammo and
blank ammo don’t even kill. At a close range,
maybe 100metres – maybe it will have some
pigmentation on your skin.

“Remember the military are armed and by the
nature of their training, they are trained to
kill and I think the military in its wisdom
instead of using live ammunition decided to use
blank armour which is meant for training.

“I think they should be commended for that
otherwise there would have been serious
collateral damage, but they were professional
enough to have done that.”

https://dailypost.ng/2020/10/29/lekki-shooting-soldiers-used-blank-ammunition-ex-army-spokesman-usman/

Mynd44

Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigerian Army Used Blank Bullets - Sani Usman by EmekaBlue(m): 4:51pm On Oct 29, 2020
I knew it was blank bullets all along.

If not u will see 100+ bodies

Still then they fvcked up using military on peaceful protest

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigerian Army Used Blank Bullets - Sani Usman by obiekunie2: 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2020
EmekaBlue:
[s]I knew it was blank bullets all along.

If not u will see 100+ bodies

Still then they fvcked up using military on peaceful protest[/s]

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigerian Army Used Blank Bullets - Sani Usman by shugabasbn: 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2020
“I think they should be commended for that
otherwise there would have been serious
collateral damage, but they were professional
enough to have done that.”

Tor Yoruba says if lie runs for thousand years one day the truth will definitely overtake it.

But to be frank, this country can makes someone run into mental problem[i][/i]
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigerian Army Used Blank Bullets - Sani Usman by oz4real83(m): 5:01pm On Oct 29, 2020
Yes
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigerian Army Used Blank Bullets - Sani Usman by fineboynl(m): 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2020
contradictive statement here and there.

the military response so far is in conflict with one another.

southerners should have a little patient until power returns to South. it wouldn't be long.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigerian Army Used Blank Bullets - Sani Usman by Acekidc4(m): 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2020
Live Bullet or Blank Bullet, the Question is Why did you Shoot Directly at Peaceful Protesters
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigerian Army Used Blank Bullets - Sani Usman by millhouse: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2020
We are not there.

It was photoshopped.

We were invited...

Now, we used blank bullet...

Dearest Sango, Ogun, Amadioha, Obatanla, kindly hold a meeting and do something on these guys na

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigerian Army Used Blank Bullets - Sani Usman by ThEGodFaThEr101(m): 5:08pm On Oct 29, 2020
Naija house of Commotion.

At first they said the military weren't present at the lekki toll gate

Yesterday the military didn't shoot at protesters

Today the military used only blank bullets to disperse protesters.

Maýbe tomorrow they will come out and claim that Al-Qaeda was responsible.

Mumu country and mugu majority followers.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Nigerian Army Used Blank Bullets - Sani Usman by Mynd44: 5:22pm On Oct 29, 2020

(1)

Killings in Oyigbo: Witness Gives Situation Report In Oyigbo/obigbo, River State / Year 2021 Terrifying Economic Predictions; #8 Billion Naira Would Have Gone A... / Lekki Shootings: CNN Releases Second Report Indiciting FG, Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.