Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,381 members, 7,815,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix (74913 Views)

AirCar: Car That Can Fly Cleared For Takeoff But You Will Need A Pilot's License / Tokyolt: World's First 'Dual-Mode Vehicle' To Begin Operation In Japan / Samson Switchblade,World's 1st 2-Seater Flying Sports Car Goes On Sale Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by Seyzcham91(m): 6:02am On Oct 30, 2020
great invention! would be better to escape Police extortions at road blocks

One will just fly on sighting road blocks ahead. e make sense!
Macsjebs:
Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8888847/Futuristic-flying-AirCar-takes-skies-time.html
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by PropertyBuying(f): 6:40am On Oct 30, 2020
gpercuxionz:
If everyone fly at the same time,with this Lagos traffic, what will happen
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by iamclime(m): 6:59am On Oct 30, 2020
Kinda reminds me of the concept flying car in Sikiru Ayinde Barrister's music video, Fuji Precaution!
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by annyz: 7:28am On Oct 30, 2020
Macsjebs:
Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8888847/Futuristic-flying-AirCar-takes-skies-time.html

While here the government is chasing hungry palliative looters. This is d worst time for me being a Nigerian honestly.
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by freshMallam1122: 7:30am On Oct 30, 2020
vertueptime:
U will never rise to be half d man he is, remain envious
Are you serious
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by freshMallam1122: 7:31am On Oct 30, 2020
TheWrita:

The protests need to continue until power changes hands.Otherwise our kids will still be suffering and calling them shameless in 2050.
As in ehh
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by Nogym(m): 7:38am On Oct 30, 2020
Dina melaye and co una food don ready o.
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by BennyDGreat: 8:08am On Oct 30, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Lagosians this is not for you ooooo.

Make fuel just no go finish while you are cruising over the lagoon trying to beat third mainland bridge traffic grin

Hahaha this man
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by ekwesi3(m): 8:34am On Oct 30, 2020
Won't we get accidents? We sure know the road is not 100% safe because of unforseen circumstances. Now I could be in my house and one yeye car will come crashing in... Maybe because engine spoilt
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by zoomzoom(m): 8:35am On Oct 30, 2020
[quote author=saaphiere post=95481080]Watch the video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-km3pBKy9o

It requires a runway to fly so it's useless.

986ft of a TRUNK A road is ALL IT NEEDS.
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by paul100(m): 10:00am On Oct 30, 2020
Spechialone:
So what I've been watching on science fiction movies (Sci-fi) is now turning into a reality? I'm awed ... Thanks to Baba God for life
I swear,most of the stuffs we see in Hollywood movies especially action and sci-fi movies are turning into a reality.We will soon see shoes and bikes that can make you fly.Technology is great.
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by paul100(m): 10:06am On Oct 30, 2020
juniorstar:
I have always waited for this day to see a flying car, but its gonna be expensive no doubt, e fit enter $200k and above.
It will surely be very expensive,maybe more expensive than Bugatti and those top cars.Many people may not be able to buy it but i know there will be something like a park to get a short ride on the air,just the way there are places where you can have a short horse ride.
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by uunwanaobong3: 10:14am On Oct 30, 2020
The company says that u can fly it to supermarket, office etc......... But have they told us the danger in it, why up till now fly cars have not yet been approved for public used, well these are the reasons.

Firstly, there is no navigation system worldwide that can direct you to fly on any random air space as you wish.. that means you must follow an approved government map out air route design for commercial aircraft.... Which means u can not land on your office anywhere anyhow.
Else we will witness multiple air accident because there is no map out route and many flying cars owners want to fly at the same time and the airspace is open to all.

The owner/pilot can easily intrude into military airspace and could be mistaken by the radar as an enemy object.

Which busy road will the pilot/owner find that much space to drive at such high speed for a given period of time in order for the engine to gain enough power to fly?

What is the level of training that the owner will get in order to be certified ready to pilot this complex machine, because it involves driving and piloting..... Which will take into consideration various engine speed for different Operations, aerodynamic and control, navigation and instrumentation, weather report and consideration. Altitude navigation etc.

It is easier saying than done.......... We will get there but before that, so many things have to be in place and so many questions have to be answered
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by Exjoker(m): 10:30am On Oct 30, 2020
Macsjebs:
And it never occurred to op to include photos to the post.... mtchhwwww
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 30, 2020
[quote author=zoomzoom post=95490710][/quote]

Runway is runway whether airport runway or field. The major goal for this invention is to beat traffic. Isn't it? Of what use is it then if you can't stay in the middle of a traffic and take off?

Stocktrader1
RaptorX
mrsteel
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by Stocktrader1: 11:05am On Oct 30, 2020
saaphiere:

Runway is runway whether airport runway or field. The major goal for this invention is to beat traffic. Isn't it? Of what use is it then if you can't stay in the middle of a traffic and take off?

Stocktrader1
RaptorX
mrsteel

It can take off from major ways which will serve as runway, I nor any open space the length if it take of space, it does not necessary means airport runway.
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by Mosco100(m): 11:19am On Oct 30, 2020
DropsMic:

If blacks are Humans.. Then whites are gods

LIAR
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 30, 2020
Stocktrader1:

It can take off from major ways which will serve as runway, I nor any open space the length if it take of space, it does not necessary means airport runway.
You don't get my point. What I mean is, if this car was built to beat traffic, is shouldn't even need to roll one feet before take off. It should be like a helicopter. Stand one place and take off.

What if I drive ir and get stock in a traffic, should I need a free space to take it to the air?
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by Stocktrader1: 11:25am On Oct 30, 2020
saaphiere:
You don't get my point. What I mean is, if this car was built to beat traffic, is shouldn't even need to roll one feet before take off. It should be like a helicopter. Stand one place and take off.

What if I drive ir and get stock in a traffic, should I need a free space to take it to the air?

Ok got your point. Like overseas, you have apps that shows you area of traffics, so you will be informed before hand and make a plan ahead. It's also good for like if you are working lets assume in VI, and you are Based in Ikeja, it should be a one way take off if you have already area if take off in Ikeja.
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by biggy26: 11:33am On Oct 30, 2020
gpercuxionz:
You're funny. How many can afford it? As it is now, how many people even have cars?

1 Like

Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 30, 2020
Stocktrader1:

Ok got your point. Like overseas, you have apps that shows you area of traffics, so you will be informed before hand and make a plan ahead. It's also good for like if you are working lets assume in VI, and you are Based in Ikeja, it should be a one way take off if you have already area if take off in Ikeja.
Ok thanks. Do one needs a licence to fly? Thinking of getting 1 when I grow up.
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by hakym619(m): 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2020
Professorcplus:
Meanwhile from air to road transformation. Truly Nigeria is blessed indeed grin

I thought we don't have an air carrier.
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by Stocktrader1: 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
saaphiere:
Ok thanks. Do one needs a licence to fly? Thinking of getting 1 when I grow up.
Not likely, but some country might require you get a microlight pilot license, but in Slovakia no.

1 Like

Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by Bragalee: 12:43pm On Oct 30, 2020
war in capua
gpercuxionz:

1 Like

Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by TruthinAction: 1:03pm On Oct 30, 2020
Designed for Nigeria politifians.
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by Elxandre(m): 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2020
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, if this AirCar enters Nigeria, our unfailing able police force and their now supposedly defunct SARS branch would also invent their own means of mounting roadblocks in the sky...

Those guys no dey use that #50 joke with anybody! grin
No word like sparogatively.
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by yommyoke: 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2020
Oh boy, what a nice invention! but let's check if this can work in Nigeria.
1. How will the flying cars be coordinated? even on road, I don't trust car drivers, the way they zoom like flash on roads, what will now happen in the air? they will be moving and be hitting each other like missiles.

2. what of our high tension wires? the way flying cars will be hanging on them and we'll be plucking them like fruits won't be nice at all.

I hope all these are solved before they are presented for commercial use.
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by ProfChris10(m): 3:06pm On Oct 30, 2020
Is there regulation in place?
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by bewla(m): 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2020
gpercuxionz:
Air jam grin
gpercuxionz:
Air jam

1 Like

Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by Wande22(m): 3:47am On Oct 31, 2020
grin
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, if this AirCar enters Nigeria, our unfailing able police force and their now supposedly defunct SARS branch would also invent their own means of mounting roadblocks in the sky...

Those guys no dey use that #50 joke with anybody! grin
grin grin grin
Not only roadblock Oga, you suppose say Air Block
grin grin grin grin
Re: AirCar That Transforms From Road Vehicle To Plane Will Go On Sale Next Year (Pix by Perfection10(m): 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2020
gpercuxionz:

I bet u that if they start using this flying car in Lagos, there will still be holdup and several accident in the air because they will still be impatient and in a hurry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When To Change Your Car Engine Oil: The Mileage Way! / 5 Nigerian Big Boys That Were Killed By Power Bike Accidents (Photos) / Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.