Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees (20172 Views)

Pay Your Third Term School Fees, FG Tells Students / JSS 3 Exam Fees: Private Schools Parents Besiege Lagos Exam Board For Refund / “reduce Fees Or We Burn The School Down”: NDU Students Threaten Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by sylve11: 6:53am On Oct 30, 2020
I don't know how you lots above me sees it, but trust me, i commend this man. You aren't doing full term, but you want full school fees to be paid. For those of you shouting if he is dictating for private schools as well, yes, he can; since they are all under the ministry of education of that state. ....nor be everything una go take dey curse person, make una still reason am. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by hybridblood07(m): 6:54am On Oct 30, 2020
How did you manage FTC? England and America have one of the best government schools and private still operates. Do you've sense at all? So, if you're so rich like Dangote, will you send your child to a government school? Do you think at all?
nedekid:
Aboki and their mysterious ways.
If government schools were good who will go to private school?
Now you wanna dictate to private schools how much to pay.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by ignis: 6:54am On Oct 30, 2020
Nice one
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Laggafin: 6:55am On Oct 30, 2020
Audio threat zz
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 30, 2020
How would the private schools then pay their teaachers and other staff?

Unless Kano State is giving the schoools a big tax break plus some extra emergency cash, this decision makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Nogym(m): 6:59am On Oct 30, 2020
Nigeria govts and there misplaced priority
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by nedekid: 7:03am On Oct 30, 2020
Babzrockman:

Na only Aboki dey run private schools in the country or world at large?

Bros u no try for this o. And u mean govts shouldn't regulate the activities of private institutions?
No vex jare.
Why I talk say aboki, na because na kano them talk about. It's only kano I have heard that wanna regulate school fees.
As per regulation, it is right for government to regulate private schools, ie the academics to ensure they follow and keep to the standards of curriculum, safety standards ie fire, corona etc. Standard of teachers etc.
The no go area for government is school fees. Government has no concern with that as different schools set their standards for quality etc. Eg certain schools pay teachers 100k and above. They have Ac in classrooms etc. Run diesel compared to others that don't run such expenses, do you expect them to cut standards?
If government makes high standards for public schools no one will go to private and thus the fees will collapse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Minjim: 7:06am On Oct 30, 2020
Am I missing something?

Lagos state has already commenced 1st term of 2020/2021
Kano is still talking about 2019/2020

3 Likes

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by contigiency(m): 7:07am On Oct 30, 2020
nedekid:

The way you people talk like empty drums is very disturbing. Will it be rather better for the government to look the other way while the private schools throw more children out of school by making fees unaffordable for parents?

You are not worried why the private schools should still charge the same fees even when the federal government has taken up to pay the salaries of their teachers for three months. And also the fact that this term is just about 6 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Zenithpeak(m): 7:07am On Oct 30, 2020
The only question we are not asking is: How much is average school fees charges in private schools in Kano State?

These people in government should be stoned to death for their incompetences.

Average private school in Kano State charge LESS than #15,000 per term.

Mostly#8,000 and #10,000..... Someone should please confirm and prove me wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by nedekid: 7:07am On Oct 30, 2020
hybridblood07:
How did you manage FTC? England and America have one of the best government schools and private still operates. Do you've sense at all? So, if you're so rich like Dangote, will you send your child to a government school? Do you think at all?
Seriously, I cannot figure out what you wrote. Scratching my head or maybe as you said "I do not have sense".
No diss intended.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by nedekid: 7:08am On Oct 30, 2020
contigiency:

The way you people talk like empty drums is very disturbing.
Kindly explain your point.
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Otunbabucknor: 7:08am On Oct 30, 2020
The commissioner must be mad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 30, 2020
sylve11:
I don't know how you lots above me sees it, but trust me, i commend this man. You aren't doing full term, but you want full school fees to be paid. For those of you shouting if he is dictating for private schools as well, yes, he can; since they are all under the ministry of education of that state. ....nor be everything una go take dey curse person, make una still reason am. cool
I agree with you only if State government will help the schools pay their staff and give them tax break because if the term isn't complete, salary must complete in order to keep the teachers alive and motivated.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by HIPROFILE(m): 7:10am On Oct 30, 2020
yes of a truth private school bills are way too high but these thieves wont stand up to the competition and standardize the public schools rather they want to attack private schools and soon you hear they have increased their tax and that is their usual game to frustrate whatever good that is not coming from them to the masses yet they can not come up with anything good that will benefit the masses.

Naija government na the real scam then going to school in this part of africa is becoming a major scam cos after going through school for several years and you come out the only difference between you and a certain street urchin is just the ability to communicate better thats all the street man weh no go school can even be richer than you with all your grammatical know how

at the end everything narrows down to making money afterall.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:10am On Oct 30, 2020
Third term that COVID19 already took away from the our schools? Some private schools are asking for the complete fees of last second term that the student started but never finished. The question I want I want to ask is that will the owners of these private schools pay the teachers for the months schools were closed down due to covid19? Will the children be taught the academic works for the lost period as a result of Covid19?
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Midas01: 7:11am On Oct 30, 2020
Oga, the government has no business regulating the price of private businesses.

You can only regulate the activities of private businesses when their activities go against the constitution which in this case it doesn't.
Babzrockman:

Na only Aboki dey run private schools in the country or world at large?

Bros u no try for this o. And u mean govts shouldn't regulate the activities of private institutions?

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 30, 2020
contigiency:

The way you people talk like empty drums is very disturbing. [b]Will it be rather better for the government to look the other way while the private schools throw more children out of school [/b]by making fees unaffordable for parents?
How can children be thrown out of school when government school is free? The only problem is that you, the governor and politicians' praise singers can't put their children in government owned school due to very low academic quality.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by compton11(m): 7:14am On Oct 30, 2020
nedekid:
nigga ain't no much money is this covik-19
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by hybridblood07(m): 7:16am On Oct 30, 2020
That's because your brain is empty. You should read again
nedekid:

Seriously, I cannot figure out what you wrote. Scratching my head or maybe as you said "I do not have sense".
No diss intended.
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Fearlez: 7:16am On Oct 30, 2020
nedekid:
use your common sense nah.

A term is usually around 4 months. And now they are using less than 4 months to do two terms.... shouldn't the fees be reduced?

Government act , problem. Government doesn't act problem too.

I think Nairaland comment feed should be removed so we don't see thoughtless posts anymore.
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Amankalizer(m): 7:19am On Oct 30, 2020
Fund public schools and private ones with their high charges will automatically die.
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by proffemi: 7:19am On Oct 30, 2020
nedekid:
Nigerians (maybe not you...) are capable of incredible cognitive dissonance. We all accept the sorry state of public primary/secondary education. Never mind that this sorry state was caused by their foolish clamor "free" education. At the same time, they vilify ASUU for being the last defender of public tertiary education. But for ASUU, the same phrase I highlighted above would apply to public tertiary education.

By the way, I realize that you may well be sympathetic to ASUU's cause. Your comment just brought out my simmering disappointment with the state of the nation, especially with respect to education.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by AbokiDelta(m): 7:20am On Oct 30, 2020
nedekid:
Can't imagine how government officials reason.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Teejay13(m): 7:21am On Oct 30, 2020
Nice move by nano state government.

This time around he got the people at heart.
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Orpe7(m): 7:24am On Oct 30, 2020
Make dem bribe Gandollar and all will be settled
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by chloride6: 7:27am On Oct 30, 2020
Clown
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by bobbybrown007: 7:30am On Oct 30, 2020
what does the north no about school? i taught it is haram 4 them? just so confused sets of race.
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by IAMPEDRO: 7:32am On Oct 30, 2020
Updating9JA:

https://punchng.com/well-cancel-third-term-if-private-schools-dont-reduce-fees-kano/

This is some of the reasons why I love the northerners, they always want their children to be educated not matter what, but the big question is how will the private schools pay their worker. Pls find a lasting solution to that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vice Chancellors’ Wives Plan Turkey Trip Amid ASUU Strike / Open Letter To NUC By Graduates Of FUTO Environmental Technology Department / University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.