Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees (20191 Views)

Pay Your Third Term School Fees, FG Tells Students / JSS 3 Exam Fees: Private Schools Parents Besiege Lagos Exam Board For Refund / “reduce Fees Or We Burn The School Down”: NDU Students Threaten Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by salbis(m): 8:47am On Oct 30, 2020
Fearlez:
[s][/s]

This is a pandemic situation, Oga. Even in complete capitalist countries, they regulate the private sector during disaster.

The US government regulated hotel accommodation during one of the hurricanes.

Private schools will not take full school fees when they didn't follow the complete syllabus. Working for one month and mandating parents to pay full fees.

You're actually one of the stakeholders in private schools nowadays who has turned out education to another business venture.
Why didn't they regulate the prices of fuel, electricity, stamp duty, taxes, food items, etc.?
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Fearlez: 8:52am On Oct 30, 2020
salbis:
Why didn't they regulate the prices of fuel, electricity, stamp duty, taxes, food items, etc.?
how were those affected during the pandemic? We're yo not having unhindered access fuel, electricity etc during the pandemic.

Nigerian youths with limited logical deduction.
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Fearlez: 8:53am On Oct 30, 2020
salbis:
how were those affected during the pandemic? We're yo not having unhindered access fuel, electricity etc during the pandemic.

Nigerian youths with limited logical deduction. That's why they burnt brt buses and parks and destroyed public properties thinking they were making a point.
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by 6digitscomrade: 8:55am On Oct 30, 2020
nedekid:

"I doubt if poverty will make u understand diz again as a result of inadequate education u probably went to the money making ones not knowledge driven ones"

Like seriously you wrote the above in reference to me?

Ie "poverty will not make me understand"?
Or that I my education is inadequate, or I went to money making one and not knowledge based?

Oga, I by God's grace certainly arent associated with poverty.
As per who is better educated between you and I, i reference your above writeup as evidence.
lol needless to reference because for you to have gotten my message clearly and adequately discerned it .. you will be saying acute fallacy to discredit my level of education.. I’d rather not banter words with you on that however..
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Oizee(f): 9:28am On Oct 30, 2020
Can you imagine dis people? Maybe they expect teachers to be underpaid this session.
Nonsense and ingredients

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by edoairways: 9:57am On Oct 30, 2020
Babzrockman:

Na only Aboki dey run private schools in the country or world at large?

Bros u no try for this o. And u mean govts shouldn't regulate the activities of private institutions?
Government shouldn't fix price.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by donprinyo(m): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2020
Nonsense leader.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by edoairways: 10:00am On Oct 30, 2020
Fearlez:

Nigerian youths with limited logical deduction.
Says a person who loves to stereotype things that suit him but would vehemently condemn those who stereotype him for been corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by edoairways: 10:01am On Oct 30, 2020
sylve11:
I don't know how you lots above me sees it, but trust me, i commend this man. You aren't doing full term, but you want full school fees to be paid. For those of you shouting if he is dictating for private schools as well, yes, he can; since they are all under the ministry of education of that state. ....nor be everything una go take dey curse person, make una still reason am. cool
Don't worry, until you own a business where the government dictates your price, you would retract this statement

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by prommy(f): 10:20am On Oct 30, 2020
The government is just insensitive to the plight of private school owners. Most of them still provided pallatives for their staff which the government couldn't do. Mr governor did you forget that most of the schools are in rented apartment and will still pay for the rent despite the lock down. What happens to the staff salary. Have you forgotten that the teachers were not paid since the lock down and needs to be paid in full since the have resumed.Was your own salary reduced or stopped because of the lock down.A

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Fearlez: 10:20am On Oct 30, 2020
edoairways:

Says a person who loves to stereotype things that suit him but would vehemently condemn those who stereotype him for been corrupt.
corrupt? Is your cognition affected by the violent protests or you got hit in the head by a stray bullet?

You got to know how to apply "being" and "been" before I can take you seriously.
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Exjoker(m): 10:24am On Oct 30, 2020
jidamsel43:
You people still have a third term. Always backward
I will like to know which country are you because in Nigeria there is " first, second and third term" in all primary and secondary schools within the country....
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by jidamsel43(m): 10:31am On Oct 30, 2020
Exjoker:
I will like to know which country are you because in Nigeria there is " first, second and third term" in all primary and secondary schools within the country....
There is no third term in all Southwest states due to disruption of school calendar by Covid19
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by edoairways: 10:31am On Oct 30, 2020
Fearlez:
corrupt? Is your cognition affected by the violent protests or you got hit in the head by a stray bullet?

You got to know how to apply "being" and "been" before I can take you seriously.
Teaching you logic since you like to stereotype

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Exjoker(m): 10:41am On Oct 30, 2020
jidamsel43:
There is no third term in all Southwest states due to disruption of school calendar by Covid19
That is because of the effects of COVID19. But after COVID19 everything will go back to normal. You first post made it look like "third term" has been removed a long time ago from schools calendar. In my state, schools resume from first term but in Anambra, all schools resumes from third term but I am not sure if they will write any exams before first term will begin....
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Fearlez: 10:50am On Oct 30, 2020
edoairways:

Teaching you logic since you like to stereotype
teaching me logic? Loooolz. You make your school look like a clown college.

You can't even identify logic if she poked you in the eye, Mr. "Been".
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by AbuAeesha: 11:05am On Oct 30, 2020
if they like they should cancel the whole session

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Smartben123456: 11:12am On Oct 30, 2020
A very big shame to the government no the so called min-education resign at what end do government help the private schools in funding their expenditure, the issue is if the parents can't afford the fees anymore then let them go to others even the useless public.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by bigiyaro(m): 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
nedekid:
Aboki and their mysterious ways.
If government schools were good who will go to private school?
Now you wanna dictate to private schools how much to pay.
real mysterious indeed, they know of economic hardship, but bubu increased tax, electricity tariffs and PMS pump price all at once.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by edoairways: 12:06pm On Oct 30, 2020
Fearlez:
teaching me logic? Loooolz. You make your school look like a clown college.

You can't even identify logic if she poked you in the eye, Mr. "Been".
You know nothing Mr

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by GOOOGLE504(m): 12:16pm On Oct 30, 2020
Updating9JA:

https://punchng.com/well-cancel-third-term-if-private-schools-dont-reduce-fees-kano/

This government has the same strategy - do everything possible to ignore the problem and tackle the effects. They can't say they don't have the funds to make the government school better than those privates. do that and the proprietors will beg students to come in.

People who don't want to do anything.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Adinoyi119(m): 12:25pm On Oct 30, 2020
And these private schools pays huge taxes. ����������������
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Gerrard59(m): 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2020
southniyikaye:
After struggling to pay this terms fee for two kids, I even had to sell my laptop to enable me pay and their mother just called me days ago they will soon start exams and resume for 3rd term..
The question I asked was, hope the school fees I paid covered 3rd term cos they've not even spent 2 weeks..
He be like say na me go teach them myself for that 3rd term, I will be their teachers and proprietor...
I Cannot kill myself abeg

To avoid such struggles next time, undergo vasectomy today. You won't die from it but might when you have 4 children in this economy.

Think am o

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by MoIbrahim: 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2020
nedekid:

No vex. Did not mean it that way. Just figure of speech. Just as they say omo Ibo or nnaa.

No wahala. Have a nice weekend!

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by nedekid: 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2020
MoIbrahim:

No wahala. Have a nice weekend!
Thanks Bros, wish you the same cool
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by nedekid: 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2020
Fearlez:
[s][/s]

This is a pandemic situation, Oga. Even in complete capitalist countries, they regulate the private sector during disaster.

The US government regulated hotel accommodation during one of the hurricanes.

Private schools will not take full school fees when they didn't follow the complete syllabus. Working for one month and mandating parents to pay full fees.

You're actually one of the stakeholders in private schools nowadays who has turned out education to another business venture.
You are actually right in terms of being a stake holder. I have shares in a school with 450-500 pupils. Not involved in the running but know of the challenges faced.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by riczy(m): 1:46pm On Oct 30, 2020
Govt shud regulate private firm, asap
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by nedekid: 2:43pm On Oct 30, 2020
contigiency:

The way you people talk like empty drums is very disturbing. Will it be rather better for the government to look the other way while the private schools throw more children out of school by making fees unaffordable for parents?

You are not worried why the private schools should still charge the same fees even when the federal government has taken up to pay the salaries of their teachers for three months. And also the fact that this term is just about 6 weeks.

"Will it be rather better for the government to look the other way while the private schools throw more children out of school by making fees unaffordable for parents?"

>Private school is not your right. Go to government public school if you cannot afford it. They are businesses and not charity.

" You are not worried why the private schools should still charge the same fees even when the federal government has taken up to pay the salaries of their teachers for three months. And also the fact that this term is just about 6 weeks"

If your private school overcharges you, remove your kids. If government schools are fixed no body will spend more on private schools which means their charges will crash. Government has failed hence the higher school fees in private schools.

Federal government should use the money to rather upgrade public schools. Besides is it all that applied for cbn covid 19 home loan that got it? Did you get it? Why do you think cbn grant for teachers will be different. Abi is it all private schools that will get the money?

Finally, before you blab about empty drums, look at yourself first in comparison to who you talk about. If your drum was so full, surely you will look better than what I see in your profile picture.
Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by CodeTemplar: 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2020
Private schools have no access to oil well money now... the state is a public entity with access to tax and crude earnings.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees by Lamasta(m): 10:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
The commissioner should reduce his salary too since he's mandating private schools to do same on their fees

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! / I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help / Vice Chancellors’ Wives Plan Turkey Trip Amid ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.