Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Imagine FG Insisting On IPPIS For Lecturers But They Themselves Are Not On IPPIS - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imagine FG Insisting On IPPIS For Lecturers But They Themselves Are Not On IPPIS (1488 Views)

ASUU Strike: FG Announces 23.5% Salary Increment For Lecturers / Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU / NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine FG Insisting On IPPIS For Lecturers But They Themselves Are Not On IPPIS by mustmust(m): 11:24am On Oct 31, 2020
Chibueze90:

but they are entitled to pension after 4yrs

No senator is entitled to pension. Do u know what it is to be a president of a country?? Go and check what past president enjoy in other countries
Re: Imagine FG Insisting On IPPIS For Lecturers But They Themselves Are Not On IPPIS by samuelpeters(m): 12:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
History555:

Ipiss is also meant to checkmate ghost workers. Do you think there are no ghost workers in cbn, nnpc etc
Ghost workers you say cheesy sure it does but there are still loopholes. Since payment now comes from the OAGF don't you think they can decide to place anyone under salary? cheesy
It is also to checkmate govt agencies paying staffs ridiculous allowances like dpr does.
These agencies generate money for FG so are also at liberty to determine how they pay their workers.
Abeg free ASUU. It is all these nonsense that has led to mass exodus of doctors
I support ASUU big time.
If FG wants to check mate ghost workers, let them also join IPPIS. After all " :charity begins at home" they say cheesy
Re: Imagine FG Insisting On IPPIS For Lecturers But They Themselves Are Not On IPPIS by samuelpeters(m): 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2020
Chibueze90:

Nigerian Army also generate there own money also abi..

what money is nnpc generating that they re depending on fg to restructure the whole refineries and also depending on fg to pay fuel subsidy... oga nnpc no dey generate ANYTHING... the amount gotten from crude is obtained from Chevron, shell and total due to there JV with nnpc.
what nnpc does is to regulate and monitor the activities of these companies mentioned above.
You don't have any point.
What does it mean to generate income for FG?
You said NNPC depends on FG for fuel subsidy like its the business of NNPC.
FG decided to subsidize fuel so that nigerians could afford it..
The same way they subsized our universites so nigerians could afford/access it...
Go back and read about other agencies not under IPPIS and tell me what they have in common and how they are revenue generating agencies for FG.
Re: Imagine FG Insisting On IPPIS For Lecturers But They Themselves Are Not On IPPIS by samuelpeters(m): 12:23pm On Oct 31, 2020
SIONKPO1:

Why?is that the practice in other parts of the world?
Mind you railway will be a multi billion naira generating agency if properly and efficiently managed
Let every agencies be under IPPIS,irrespective of generating or not generating
Well, " Railway could be" a multi billion naira generating agency the same way universites could be.
FG decided to clamp down their wings.
Re: Imagine FG Insisting On IPPIS For Lecturers But They Themselves Are Not On IPPIS by bmasz(m): 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2020
Stephen2324:
Imagine FG insisting on IPPIS for lecturers but they themselves are not on IPPIS. ASUU should not agree this time around. I am a student and I don't mind waiting for another year. Unless the FG and Senators move their own salary to IPPIS, they have no moral ground to insist on

If I may make an educated guess, you are yet to be in your final year.

For instance I have been through with school since 2018, no result, no known academic issue and yet I can't graduate because of ASUU strike.

Would they still collect their salaries for the period they didn't work, oh yes they will.

Who do you think would be the biggest loser here. You my friend. One year lost and counting.

Whatever is the reason for which they went on the strike. I can assure you categorically they that's not the reason why they are still in the strike.

When last did you hear dem mention student as a condition to call off the strike. All we hear is UTAS or nothing.

If you want to protest for the government to move their payment to IPPIS, use another medium and don't use ASUU.

To think that you are also a student pains me alot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria @ 49; Independence Day Wishes / Unilag Post UME 2012 / 2013 Exercise Date / Auditing Standards In Nigeria. Please Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.