Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Alaafin Visits Oluwo, Says First 20 Years Of My Reign Rough - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Visits Oluwo, Says First 20 Years Of My Reign Rough (317 Views)

Tinuade Babalola Not Allowed To Have Boyfriend; Must Be Celibate In Her Reign / Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni’s Wife, Prophesied Her Reign As Queen Over A Year Ago? / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alaafin Visits Oluwo, Says First 20 Years Of My Reign Rough by zpakln(f): 10:48pm On Oct 30, 2020
Alaafin of Oyo , Oba Lamidi Adeyemi , has said his first 20 years on the throne was rough and full of turbulence .

Oba Adeyemi spoke during a visit to Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrosheed Akanbi , in his palace on Friday.

The royal father commended Oba Akanbi ’ s courage despite many distractions he faced .

“ I commend Oluwo for his courage , tenacity, and zeal in standing tall despite enormous distractions stage-managed by his few subjects .

“ I had tougher experience in the first 20 years of my reign, very rough and turbulent . It is what Yoruba will call “ Ojumo kan, Ogun kan – one day , one war , ” Alaafin said .

Speaking further , Alaafin also said Iwo town should have been made the capital of Osun State owing to its traditional , political, and religious sagacity .

A statement by Alli Ibraheem , the Chief Press Secretary to Oluwo, further noted that Oba Adeyemi , while responding to a charge by Oba Akanbi on him to unite monarchs in Yorubaland , said “the bridge of peace in Yorubaland was affected through the infiltration into the institution by politicians of the old Oyo Empire .

“ The challenge from every quarter, as it equally comes from Oluwo is a challenge to rise to that occasion and do the much needful without retraction . ”

Speaking earlier , Oba Akanbi lamented the disunity among traditional rulers in Yoruba land.

Oluwo said , “ Yoruba traditional institution is porous, one without unity and lacking the strength to protect and secure Yorubaland .

“ It is disheartening there was no formidable central Council of Obas that will issue a statement of appeal and command , where necessary , most especially as it relates to the recent destruction that accompanied the recent # EndSARS protest in the South -West.

“ Unity is not only our strength but ( it) is also a green light to the security and hope of Yorubaland and her generations . I want to charge and appeal to the respected Alaafin of Oyo to use his traditional paraphernalia and stronghold to bring out an olive branch and unite actors in the council . ”

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/alaafin-visits-oluwo-says-first-20-years-of-my-reign-rough/

Listen to your favorite Nigeria radio stations anywhere, anytime! Get it at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.getjoydev.allnigeriaradio

Re: Alaafin Visits Oluwo, Says First 20 Years Of My Reign Rough by Acekidc4(m): 10:53pm On Oct 30, 2020
A Tale of Two Different Kings
One is a Respectable Elder Stateman
The Other is a Hooligans, Tout and Boy yoyo
Re: Alaafin Visits Oluwo, Says First 20 Years Of My Reign Rough by Ever8090: 11:43pm On Oct 30, 2020
Acekidc4:
A Tale of Two Different Kings
One is a Respectable Elder Stateman
The Other is a Hooligans, Tout and Boy yoyo
them say d other one, one of him wife dey beat am grin

(1) (Reply)

National Agriweek And Expo / People Actually Rejects Money Given To Them With Left Hand? / Do You Know Why Some Denies Being An Igbo Despite Having Igbo Name And Tradition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.