Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,269 members, 7,957,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:08 PM

Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary (40286 Views)

EndSARS: Youth Reps Pull Out Of Lagos Judicial Panel After Cbn’s Account Freeze / Soldiers Stop Lagos Judicial Panel From Accessing Military Mortuary / Meet The Members Of The Lagos Judicial Panel On SARS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by olumide4christ: 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
wonder233:
Mortuary services aren't part of the core features of a hospital. Many hospitals don't have mortuaries. Even abroad, morgue services are provided separately by funeral homes.
The major problem facing the youths of today is that you guys don't read. You delude yourselves that operating a smartphone and being able to insult people equate to intelligence.
This is why influencers are in business in the first place, they do the thinking for you, while you follow the bandwagon, making it so easy to manipulate you via social-engineering

You have just summed up the situation of our youths. This is just the same way the Anti-Christ will take over the world like a wild fire.

God help us!
May God deliver us from bandwagonism and may we all be raptured before the Anti-Christ takes over in Jesus name, Amen!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by Misterone: 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
2oby:

After reading your post, i realised you are not smart. The only thing i feel i can tell u n ur head doesnt need to work hard to figure out is ' i am from d North Central'. I hope u can process that.
when you point out their lies, they tend towards trabalism. Mr man who cares if you are from the anus? nobody. all I care about is the truth. please go back to my poser and try to answer those salient points. you would see that you are among the bandwagon of sh!t
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by FunkyAlhaji2015: 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2020
faithfull18:

For this matter, justice will prevail because I don't know what she stands to gain to lie. Evidences that people were unjustly killed are everywhere.

After all, they have been protesting at that place until that particular day.

Some people will always choose the side of their oppressors for the crumbs they are given. It's expected.

Some of us are capable of thinking independently. We do not allow social media influencers think for us. I'm not saying DJ Switch lied, I only demand she provides evidence that back up her truth. Fake news is capable of ruining a nation

DJ Switch said 78 people were killed, this inflamed an already violate situation causing unwarranted lose of lives and livelihood. Whatever her reason are, she hasn't been unable to substantiate her claims and needs to be persecuted. A lot the celebrities and social media influencers who peddled fake and unvarified news and pictures too need to be brought before the law. The soldier who shot unarmed protesters too need to face the law. We are a civilised community and need to behave and conduct ourselves with decorum.
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by emperor863(m): 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2020
SoBright101:
Life holds many changes but the truth shall prevail

Do Nigerians noticed the real tribalist on here since tribalism has reduced as they can't hold the urge to use the word "IPOB, Afonja etc"

Every evil against south shall perish

From the beginning there was no Southern Nigeria. I know of southwest. The southwest stands distinct. I also know of south south and southeast.

Southwest does not believe in attachment by force. If it becomes useful, we align with any other zone of southern Nigeria, but we remain south west.
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by chukxie(m): 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2020
It is beyond shameful that some Nigerians will go to any length to defend the sorrowful, pitiful state that Nigeria has become. The government through the Nigerian army obviously committed atrocities at the Lekki tollgate. And that's why it is doing everything to cover up its crimes against Nigerians and humanity.
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by Ade3131: 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
Flier:
Isn’t it obvious Dj switch lied ?or why are they looking for something that wasn’t lost

I read comments like this and I weep for this country. Whoever dies for this country that have your kind as survivors died wrongfully as said by Fela Anikulapo Kuti. Those protesters thought they were doing Nigerians a just cause when they were being gunned down on that unfaithful night. Only for people of your kind to raise and pitch your tent with the oppressors. I shake my head.

It is one thing to not support the protest and it's another story entirely to insult the dead by knowingly taking sides with their murderers just to make it seem like "them against us". Truth is that we're all gonna suffer the same fate someday. Death is inevitable. It's just a matter of time, we'll all be gone some day.

What would have been more appropriate in this situation is to keep mum or just scroll past the thread. It's callous of anyone to come out to say the Army didn't kill anyone on that night bcuz we all agree that some people sustained gun/bullet injury (at least you agree with the Lagos State governor on that).

You equally didn't feel suspicious of the fact that the LLC said they have footage of the whole shootings on the night and the committee said they're not ready to review that yet but went in search of the mortuary first. Is this a plot to give their editors the ample time needed to cut off all the part where bodies were being carried away by the army?

It's unfortunate that some youths have to die protesting for you and your families to live a better life in Nigeria and yet, all you could say after their demise is that they were never killed nor were their bodies ever taken away.
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2020
olumide4christ:

Please educate them...some people are asking why a military hospital will not have a morgue?
Perhaps there is a written down code somewhere that every military hospital should have a morgue.
Please help educate them and us.
not every hospital is equipped to have a morgue. Having a morgue is not part of essential services. To have a morgue, motuary attendants, morticians, pathologists and some other staff should be available. Most of the time, only big hospitals have morgues.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2020
lexy2014:

No I don't no who a pathologist is. Pls educate me. Since u say u no, why did d team as u acknowledged carry a pathologist to a hospital that doesn't have a morgue? Am sure u also no better than d team. U see d way u have contradicted urself
A pathologist is a doctor who examines bodies and body tissues. He or she is also responsible for performing specific lab tests, for example during an operation, any tissue taken fron the body for histology to find out what type of tissue it is (maybe it is a fibroid or cancer) will be examined by a pathologists. Pathologists hardly deal with live patients, they are almost always in the lab looking at tissues under a microscope or in the motuary, doing autopsies.
Ade3131:

I read comments like this and I weep for this country. Whoever dies for this country that have your kind as survivors died wrongfully as said by Fela Anikulapo Kuti. Those protesters thought they were doing Nigerians a just cause when they were being gunned down on that unfaithful night. Only for people of your kind to raise and pitch your tent with the oppressors. I shake my head.

It is one thing to not support the protest and it's another story entirely to insult the dead by knowingly taking sides with their murderers just to make it seem like "them against us". Truth is that we're all gonna suffer the same fate someday. Death is inevitable. It's just a matter of time, we'll all be gone some day.

What would have been more appropriate in this situation is to keep mum or just scroll past the thread. It's callous of anyone to come out to say the Army didn't kill anyone on that night bcuz we all agree that some people sustained gun/bullet injury (at least you agree with the Lagos State governor on that).

You equally didn't feel suspicious of the fact that the LLC said they have footage of the whole shootings on the night and the committee said they're not ready to review that yet but went in search of the mortuary first. Is this a plot to give their editors the ample time needed to cut off all the part where bodies were being carried away by the army?

It's unfortunate that some youths have to die protesting for you and your families to live a better life in Nigeria and yet, all you could say after their demise is that they were never killed nor were their bodies ever taken away.
it wasn't LLC that went to military hospital but the panel
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by Ade3131: 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
A pathologist is a doctor who examines bodies and body tissues. He or she is also responsible for performing specific lab tests, for example during an operation, any tissue taken fron the body for histology to find out what type of tissue it is (maybe it is a fibroid or cancer) will be examined by a pathologists. Pathologists hardly deal with live patients, they are almost always in the lab looking at tissues under a microscope or in the motuary, doing autopsies.it wasn't LLC that went to military hospital but the panel

Read through what I wrote again... Never said the LLC visited any mortuary.... They're the company in charge of Lekki tollgate
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by Justdare: 10:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
olumide4christ:

I agree with you. Seems like a lot of people on Nairaland don't really understand what a mortuary is... perhaps they think its like a solitary refrigerator or freezer that 2 or 3 soldiers can just carry & throw over the fence into the next compound or stow it away inside the booth of a car within 30 minutes, just to cover up some evidence.

SMH!

LOL @ solitary refrigerator

1 Like

Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by olumide4christ: 11:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
not every hospital is equipped to have a morgue. Having a morgue is not part of essential services. To have a morgue, motuary attendants, morticians, pathologists and some other staff should be available. Most of the time, only big hospitals have morgues.

Thanks for educating us and them grin grin
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by SoBright101: 12:55am On Nov 01, 2020
Who ask you

emperor863:

From the beginning there was no Southern Nigeria. I know of southwest. The southwest stands distinct. I also know of south south and southeast.

Southwest does not believe in attachment by force. If it becomes useful, we align with any other zone of southern Nigeria, but we remain south west.
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by DrFunmisticGlow: 3:12am On Nov 01, 2020
Ade3131:

Read through what I wrote again... Never said the LLC visited any mortuary.... They're the company in charge of Lekki tollgate
I did. So sorry for misquoting you.
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by erico2k2(m): 3:51am On Nov 01, 2020
Ayor93:

So yoy believe an hospital won't have a mortuary.
you're sic man
some might not though.
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by Biodun556(m): 4:38am On Nov 01, 2020
Flier:
Isn’t it obvious Dj switch lied ?or why are they looking for something that wasn’t lost

I'm still surprised that the dead protesters don't have family.

Nigeria needs reform but Nigerians need more than just reform.

We like being lied to.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by oyatz(m): 7:48am On Nov 01, 2020
Flier:
The question is how was she able to count them,the protest spread close to 1/4 of a mile,how was she able to count them while shooting is going on,where are the family and friends of the dead?

I strongly suspect that she had 'odeshi' which is an African Anti-Bulltets charm and was able to move freely from one point to another counting those killed by the soldiers.
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by oyatz(m): 10:26am On Nov 01, 2020
King44:
ori e ope, played by who is either you are heartless, gvt sympathizer or paid agent.

You know what, I wish for you today and this very moment between me you God and men that if people were killed in that scene by the armies may their blood be on you and relative someone so special to you will die horribly before your eyes.

You don't have to worry if you are saying the truth nothing will come to you.

This I wish and say this moment.

Bros, calm down.
Your curses are just mere words and aren't effective.

If you strongly believe that they are, then I challenge you to use this same tongue to declare that YOU should be richer than Dangote by December 31,2020 or your tongue is only effective in cursing?
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by oyatz(m): 10:42am On Nov 01, 2020
Ellasure:
It is not possible that a military hospital of the status of having a medical doctor general in command don't have a mortuary. Tell that to the Nigerian marines.

The main role of the army is to restore peace in difficult times. To create peace sometimes you have have to scatter, destroy and rearrange which includes possibility of getting casualties. Nigerian soldiers are very good at their job.

The panel should check well and ask the Lagos army divisional commander where do they keep bodies of casualties of war or their operations.

This country get as ee be Ooooh!!!!!

Not all Military Hospitals have morgues.
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by oyatz(m): 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2020
SmartyPants:

Massa:

There could be any number of answers to your question which seem rather intuitive. One, this is Nigeria where so much is not the way it ought to be. your question is like asking why a big country like Nigeria does not have power supply.

I'm sure i also saw that the place is under renovation so make of that what you will.

Most likely the place was designed with a mortuary but it may not be functioning more especially since the hospital has been under renovation since October,2019.

Mortuaries are conspicuous and even a lay man can easily identify it (the odour give it out easily).
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by oyatz(m): 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
almayda:
You said 78 people were massacred,we asked where is their corpse,you said the military took it,let families come out to claim loss of their loved ones,none has come out or these dead people came from the space without families?Pls tell me who visits any military formation unscheduled and expects to be granted access without seeking permission?but in 30 minutes access was granted,that's a record,if in doubt,try visiting one without scheduling and see how long it will take you if you ever get access.To the most stupidest of doubters,so a structure housing a morgue can be made to disappear from a facility within 30 minuites without any trace abi?You guys are getting dissatisfied that all your lies are being exposed one after the other and that's not nice right?

It's very difficult to dispose off the corpses of 78 people in a city like Lagos without leaking out.

Where will they keep the corpses? Most Mortuaries don't even have the capacities to handle more than 30 corpses at a time and even at that there would have been some corpses already occupying these slots.

This story of #Lekki massacre is not adding up
Re: Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary by oyatz(m): 1:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
lexy2014:

No I don't no who a pathologist is. Pls educate me. Since u say u no, why did d team as u acknowledged carry a pathologist to a hospital that doesn't have a morgue? Am sure u also no better than d team. U see d way u have contradicted urself

The Pathologist is a member of the Panel. Investigations of murder cases usually involve Forensic Pathologists.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"If Anything Happens To Dino Melaye" – Dogara Warns Police / Quilox: Akin Alabi Accuses Police Of Demanding Bribe To Release Impounded Cars / Peace Corps Orders 100,000 Uniforms From Calabar Garment Factory (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.