Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 (22625 Views)

Sinach - 'Way Maker' Hits 100 Million Views On YouTube / SUV For Next Rated Act Of The Year At #12thheadies (Photos) / Davido Wins Song Of The Year & Video Of The Year At AFRIMMA 2017 | Full Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 31, 2020
SimplyFacts:
More winnings,,, Sinach!

I think this is the first time I would be quoting a tribal-fanatic comment. And, I am glad to inform you that your brain can be put to better use angry. Even if the govt is turned upside down for a better Nation, the tribal bigotries (IPOB/Oduduwa/Arewa) would always be the grassroot-problems cool

Shalom

Why u like problem like dis na
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by costandi(m): 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, Way Maker has always been a beautiful song... but it only gained global attention after a series of cover by other international artiste and when she performed it at Kanye West's Sunday Service. Just like that everything changed for that song in the global sphere!

Why am I even saying this?

...Pray for Divine Helpers
She never performed this song at Kanye's Sunday service. Get your facts right

1 Like

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by ZUBY77(m): 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
LOVE that song
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by costandi(m): 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
urchcoded:
people need to know whasgoinon.
Tasha Cobb was the artiste of the year. The racism isn't that deep. The likes of Tauren and Travis have won several Christian music awards on this and several other platforms. I get your point tho, especially the distinction btw christian and gospel music although one can easily tell the difference upon hearing them without knowing the race of the singer. So I tend to think that colored people have built their distinct style of music over time which has been branded gospel same goes to whites. In summary I think they are two different genres divided by style and not by skin.

3 Likes

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by ecomalchemist(m): 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2020
lol, davido FEM na gospel music to my ears sha.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by excel101(m): 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:
Gosple musicains are very pathetic set of people. Why sing and praise God because you wanna get paid for it. I remember a keyboardist of a particular church calling it quit because they weren't paying him well.

God should come first,

Money second.

Unfortunately, secular and worldly people have seeked solace in gosple music. Some of them drink alcohol and fvck around but see gospel music as an alternative to secular music. You begin to see names like yomi sax, ABpraize, TPraise, Femisax, Gpraise etc. And I90% of them are usually bad boys.
Its jobless guys like your that never sees anything good in others. Moreover you don't even serve the God you're calling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by urchcoded(m): 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2020
costandi:
Tasha Cobb was the artiste of the year. The racism isn't that deep. The likes of Kirk, Tauren and Travis have won several Christian music awards on this and several other platforms.
it has significantly reduced tho. Kirk himself spoke of this. As for Travis, Tasha and tauren, you know the types of songs they sing. When did Kirk win a Christian award? Not gospel award oh, pls tell me, I've not been current with with happenings tho.
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by costandi(m): 12:45pm On Oct 31, 2020
ecomalchemist:
lol, davido FEM na gospel music to my ears sha.

Happy Sunday.
Happy Wednesday bro!
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by EMMY76: 12:46pm On Oct 31, 2020
ugochukwufrenzy:
Igbo amaka...keep breaking barriers,while the oil soup oduduwa clawed descendants wail,, Igbo nwere mmadu

Stop this it's very childish sinach made it in yoruba land with a yoruba mentor without them nobody would have known her. Am full blooded igbo if you want to troll me.
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by urchcoded(m): 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2020
costandi:
Tasha Cobb was the artiste of the year. The racism isn't that deep. The likes of Tauren and Travis have won several Christian music awards on this and several other platforms. I get your point tho, especially the distinction btw christian and gospel music although one can easily tell the difference upon hearing them without knowing the race of the singer. So I tend to think that colored people have built their distinct style of music over time which has been branded gospel same goes to whites. In summary I think they are two different genres divided by style and not by skin.
this made blacks abandon their original style and sound to start singing CCM so as to think acceptance. This brought to limelight the likes of Ron kenoly, then gradually everyone now sings this style as na wetin Dy reign Travis green, Jonathan Nelson Dem. I'm glad you at least understand my point.
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by EMMY76: 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2020
Congrats osinachi! I always knew this lady will definitely go far when I first heard her songs extremely talented.

1 Like

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by costandi(m): 12:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
urchcoded:
this made blacks abandon their original style and sound to start singing CCM so as to think acceptance. This brought to limelight the likes of Ron kenoly, then gradually everyone now sings this style as na wetin Dy reign Travis green, Jonathan Nelson Dem. I'm glad you at least understand my point.
Yeah. This racism thing is such a big problem. When you try to suppress it, it manifests in another dimension.

1 Like

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by DrAkpa(m): 12:54pm On Oct 31, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
myxxxnd44

Vulture griller, stop all these nonsense. Where in his post did he insult you. Primary 5 class captain
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by ILoveDemMANNA: 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
Shortyy:

She's the owner of the song.
Give honour to whom honour is due.
No need to be bitter. SMH
Short people with their own wahala sha!
Attention seeking shortyy.
U think say na everyone for dis forum carry TRIBALISM for head like gala like you?
Shame on shortyy! tongue tongue tongue
Una tribal bigot bo go ever leave my post alone, na just to dey masturbate on am every single minutes of the day.
Na wa oooo shocked
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Sunsets: 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2020
Myopic!!!!!!!!!!!!! Louder! Myopically ignorant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HitlerGaddafi:
Gosple musicains are very pathetic set of people. Why sing and praise God because you wanna get paid for it. I remember a keyboardist of a particular church calling it quit because they weren't paying him well.

God should come first,

Money second.

Unfortunately, secular and worldly people have seeked solace in gosple music. Some of them drink alcohol and fvck around but see gospel music as an alternative to secular music. You begin to see names like yomi sax, ABpraize, TPraise, Femisax, Gpraise etc. And 90% of them are usually bad boys.
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Shortyy(f): 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:

Short people with their own wahala sha!
Attention seeking shortyy.
U think say na everyone for dis forum carry TRIBALISM for head like gala like you?
Shame on shortyy! tongue tongue tongue
Una tribal bigot bo go ever leave my post alone, na just to dey masturbate on am every single minutes of the day.
Na wa oooo shocked

Hmm and I actually thought you were a sensible person.

Have a nice day Sir/Ma.
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by ugochukwufrenzy: 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
EMMY76:

Stop this it's very childish sinach made it in yoruba land with a yoruba mentor without them nobody would have known her. Am full blooded igbo if you want to troll me.
its all for fun bro,I meant no harm nwannem
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by 9gerian: 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2020
Very well deserved!!!
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by OBA117(m): 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2020
congratulations Sinach! Greater heights in Jesus name
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by maximusprime2000: 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

God should come first,

Money second.

Unfortunately, secular and worldly people have seeked solace in gosple music. Some of them drink alcohol and fvck around but see gospel music as an alternative to secular music. You begin to see names like yomi sax, ABpraize, TPraise, Femisax, Gpraise etc. And 90% of them are usually bad boys.

one was busted opening her puna online video call the other day from malawi. power gospel actress o. na only God knows his real people. God no go shame us
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by faoogoke(m): 1:40pm On Oct 31, 2020
I thought this song is over two three years since its release.

How come its receiving an award for a year it was released before.

Should have won this award much before now.
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by chyket(m): 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2020
Unquestionably Talented!!! Congrats Sinach,the first time I started listening to her,I never imagined that She is Nigerian.
Keep breaking barriers in the name of Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Bahamas95(m): 2:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
Congrats to her.

But my song of the year is......

Bo Ekom - Mercy Chinwo

Idinma - Judikay

Ekwueme - Prospa Ochimana Ft Osinachi

I don't even know my favourite among these songs. I love them!

1 Like

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by iambankx(m): 2:21pm On Oct 31, 2020
I see the sense in your statement. Yeah they made it come to limelight by adding some lines to the song. I think "even when am sleeping he's working or so

urchcoded:
This song only made limelight because of Leeland's version of it. If it was possible for her to be totally sidelined and the whole credit given to Leeland, it would have been done. The racism that exists in Christian music industry is bigger than you would think or believe. It is so much that any song that does not sound like the regular CCM (white pattern) is called gospel song and not Christian song, lolx funny enough everyone accepted this without asking why, songs that sounds black Americanish or Africanish can never be in any christian music award nomination. Well I know all that matters to y'all is as far as Jesus is glorified, no wahala. But at least know what happens in the industry.

1 Like

Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by stankezzy: 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2020
oyibo man always demean Africans at d slightest opportunity ,sinachi song gain popularity because Americans remixed it , haba, why they no go sing their own, how many of their own don get popularity reach d one de remix,
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Eastlink(m): 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
ugochukwufrenzy:
Igbo amaka...keep breaking barriers,while the oil soup oduduwa clawed descendants wail,, Igbo nwere mmadu
Aboki
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by Staro: 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
Great song
Re: Sinach's 'Way Maker' Is The Song Of The Year At The 51st Dove Awards 2020 by favour442(m): 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
Sinach is a worldwide brand. She regularly perform with Benny hinn.. Stop hating
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, Way Maker has always been a beautiful song... but it only gained global attention after a series of cover by other international artiste. Just like that everything changed for that song in the global sphere!

Why am I even saying this?

...Pray for Divine Helpers

Congratulobia Our very own Sinach!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Burna Boy Bags Two Grammy Nominations at 2023 Grammys / Wizkid’s “Come Closer” Hits 1 Million Views On Youtube In 1 Day / Banky W,Wizkid & Skales – Baddest Boy Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.