Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,054 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Cyber Bullying: What Can Parents Do About It - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Cyber Bullying: What Can Parents Do About It (159 Views)

The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do / My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! / Bullying: I Taught My Son To Fight Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cyber Bullying: What Can Parents Do About It by VirtueDigest: 10:42am On Oct 31, 2020
If you don’t understand the concept of cyber bullying, it might be difficult to protect your children from it. According to Cyberbullying Research Centre, it has been prevalent in the country because 25% of individuals experience cyber bullying which later has a negative effect on their mental, social and physical well-being.

However, if this act is not curbed, the threat turns to weeks, months and might linger for years. As parents, it is our responsibility to be informed that cyber culling may take place in our home without our understanding. So, you must do your best to protect your children from cyber bullies.

Nowadays, the internet has turned to be the way of life, and everyone has become addicted to it. The need to get a meaningful life, to get in touch with family and friends, to meet deadlines and to be informed. So, walking away from the internet might be extremely difficult.

Cyber bullying is the sharing of embarrassing, humiliating and damaging contents via the internet or cell phones or text or picture messages. It has resulted in ruined friendships, skipped school, damaged mental health, demeaned self-esteem and in some cases suicide. Chances are that your children are experiencing cyber bullying; but what can you do about it?

You need to maintain an open and honest communication with your children. This will enable them to speak up on whatever is going on in their life.

Mentor them on the pros and cons of internet safety and cyberbullying.

Read More: https://virtuedigest.com/cyber-bullying-what-can-parents-do-about-it/?swcfpc=1

(1) (Reply)

The Best Cars You Can Have Is In Joelec Auto Crown / Cheapest International Exams Registration / How To Save Without Worries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.