Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,464 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria (767 Views)

Governor Radda Joins Military Operation To Rescue Abducted Civilian, Foil Attack / 'I Am Not A Nigerian. I Was Paid To Protest' – African-American In New York / Police Finally Arrest Kidnappers Of American Rescued By US Forces (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by Islie: 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2020
The United States forces say they have rescued an American citizen who is being held hostage in northern Nigeria.

In a statement, Jonathan Hoffman, the Pentagon spokesman, said the rescue operation was conducted on Saturday morning.

The American was reportedly abducted in Niger Republic on Tuesday and subsequently moved to Nigeria.

“U.S. forces conducted a hostage rescue operation during the early hours of 31 October in Northern Nigeria to recover an American citizen held hostage by a group of armed men,” the statement quoted by CNN read.

“This American citizen is safe and is now in the care of the U.S. Department of State. No U.S military personnel were injured during the operation.

“We appreciate the support of our international partners in conducting this operation. The United States will continue to protect our people and our interests anywhere in the world.”

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-us-forces-rescue-abducted-american-in-nigeria

Lalasticlala
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by vanbonattel: 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2020
The country that have a real army.
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by sarahkom: 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
the country that cares for her citizens

1 Like

Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by HeRulesMen: 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
Where is our Nigerian Army?
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by Daddysidhan: 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2020
ARREWA come and see the disgraceful acts of your brothers Lols, the terrorists in the north are the people that deserves to be shot at not the innocent civilians at lekki

1 Like

Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by Mbamto: 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2020
I believe our Nigerian Army knows what to do to end this nonesence but refuse to do it...
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by Firstorderwizard(m): 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2020
Until I catch the Angel in charge of country allocation, I won't comment undecided
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by Daddysidhan: 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2020
HeRulesMen:
They are in lekki looking for protesters

4 Likes

Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by datola: 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2020
God's Own Country!

God bless America

God bless Nigeria sha.
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by tyup(m): 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2020
Omoo shocked bcuz of just one citizen fahh
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by Acjohn(m): 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
Them for kuku continue go Leah sharibu side.

But they needed to help our President and NA cover their lies and shame.

Thats what happened when a trained army meet civilians with arm but Nigerian soldier only bring things like this to pass when they want to protect their oga office in a battle ground like Lekki

1 Like

Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by hakeem4(m): 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
But our own gallant soldiers are still organising operations like “operation scorpion weep, operation crocodile tears, operation rhinoceros smile”

See how their foreign counterparts came to rescue a citizen in a far away nation

1 Like

Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by Koulture(m): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
Why is nobody talking about Nigeria's sovereignty that was violated?

I don't think the USA would take it lightly for any country to enter it's territorial space without permission.
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by hakeem4(m): 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
Koulture:

I don't think the USA would take it lightly for any country to enter it's territorial space without permission.
they did the same to Pakistan during their raid on bin laden. Well I agree with you. But let us see the action the government would take. Or they might have asked the government for permissions
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2020
US is not the policeman of the world-Femi Adesina
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by Dantedasz(m): 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2020
I must," Look and laugh." According to Fela Kuti.
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by powerblaze(m): 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
Koulture:

US doesn't give a f^k about your shit hole country. A country that kills her own citizens deserve no drop of respect.
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by dvkot(m): 4:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
Nigerian coward and lying bunch of armies will never be able to do this only to shoot unarmed protesters. See as american soilders beat u handicapped and over 2.5 in your home.. Shameless circus
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 31, 2020
Koulture:

.. Read this first !

Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 31, 2020
powerblaze:

US doesn't give a f^k about your shit hole country. A country that kills her own citizens deserve no drop of respect.
...Then what do have to say about this ?

Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2020
vanbonattel:
The country that have a real army.
.... Yes but READ this one first !

Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by Gjrich(m): 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2020
hakeem4:
But our own gallant soldiers are still organising operations like “operation scorpion weep, operation crocodile tears, operation rhinoceros smile”

See how their foreign counterparts came to rescue a citizen in a far away nation

Incredible, American Government values her citizen coming to rescue one man with state might, what an irony!

America protects their own while Nigeria Soldiers kill their citizens anyhow.

God bless America
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
Supermugu:
.... Yes but READ this one first !
They thanked Nigeria for playing okoso with her sovereignty
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by paul61777: 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by infinitethrust: 8:02pm On Oct 31, 2020
Nigeria Army is where again?? Did you say Oyimbo?
Re: US Forces Rescue Abducted American In Nigeria by Mynd44: 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2020

(1)

Before And After Of A Core Buharists / Remembering The Infamous Onitsha Rally (photos) / Nyesom Wike Says He Is Not The Chief Security Officer Of Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.