Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Bianca Ojukwu Recounts Personal Experience With Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (See Pics) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bianca Ojukwu Recounts Personal Experience With Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (See Pics) (858 Views)

Whitemoney Pictured With Ngozi Nwosu / Photos Of Bianca Ojukwu Keeping Fit At Home During Lockdown / Destiny Etiko With Ngozi Ezeonu, Ejike Asiegbu, Ugezu On Set (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bianca Ojukwu Recounts Personal Experience With Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (See Pics) by Koranga: 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2020
The former Nigeria Ambassador to Spain and Permanent Representative UNWTO in a Facebook post, went down memory lane and shared a heartwarming experience with Prof Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Nigeria’s Former Minister of Finance and the top contender for the post of DG, World Trade Organisation. According to the Former beauty queen and wife of the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, ‘it will surely end in praise’.

Her FB post...

PROF NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA : A PERSONAL TESTIMONY.

It’s generally said that women are their own worst enemies but I found the reverse to be true in the case of two extraordinary women who amongst other things, were instrumental to my stellar accomplishments during my tenure as Nigeria’s Ambassador to the Kingdom Of Spain.
Prof Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, who I barely knew, was Minister of Finance who I approached for help in order to present our case regarding the derelict and pitiful state of our Embassy building as well as the Ambassador’s Residence. This was because the then Minister of Foreign Affairs had frankly informed us that there was nothing much he could do to help our situation and suggested we bring the matter to her attention.
Prof Ngozi Okonjo Iweala swiftly granted us an appointment, warmly welcoming us into her office which was a beehive of activity. She patiently listened to us, and personally took up our matter to the highest authority. It is to her credit that the reconstruction and massive renovations of both our chancery building and Residence were facilitated, making the Nigeria Embassy building in Spain, the most magnificent edifice on the prestigious Calle Segre and a subject of pride and joy to our citizens. In appreciation of her immense support, she was the Honoree at our spectacular Centennary Ceremony in Madrid.

The Spanish capital Madrid came to a standstill when the ‘New Look’ Embassy Building as well as the Magnificent Residential Building were unveiled in two separate ceremonies by none other than another acclaimed destiny helper, First Lady Dame Patience Jonathan, a woman whose passion for the upliftment and empowerment of women, especially in governance, is legendary.

In our own environment where many women in powerful positions...most especially those who find themselves in such positions by proxy...constitute themselves ‘Osochiegbu’ (and even unashamed to claim that title), consumed with envy, bitterness, resentment and flaming jealousy towards dynamic women and employ all within their power to become obstacles in their path of progress, these two women stand out as a sterling example of what can be achieved when women sincerely commit to being their sisters keepers.

I join millions of women worldwide in celebrating the emergence of Prof Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, a woman with a heart of gold, not only as the first African, but most significantly, the first woman DG of the World Trade Organisation.

Wonderful Sister, it will surely end in praise. CONGRATULATIONS !!!! you have made History. Your Integrity and good works will ever speak for you.

Amb. Bianca Odumegwu Ojukwu.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Recounts Personal Experience With Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (See Pics) by Koranga: 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
Lovely.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Recounts Personal Experience With Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (See Pics) by mana123: 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2020
What an amazing woman.

Whether Trump likes it or not, it must surely end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Recounts Personal Experience With Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (See Pics) by IKBARUTEN11(m): 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2020
When u r successful in life, even ur enemies suddenly remembers u 4 gd

I also envy d wto-dg
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Recounts Personal Experience With Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (See Pics) by mana123: 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
On a lighter note, I miss mama P. Is hard to believe that there was once humor in aso Villa. Things have really changed in Za othzer room!

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Recounts Personal Experience With Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (See Pics) by moupe: 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2020
I agree with her 100%.

Women are their own worst enemies, always gossiping about themselves and running each other down.

Hardly can you see fellow women supporting others, even to encourage them is problem

They will bitch and bite, especially if the woman in question is beautiful, too smart or rich.

Am happy for NOI, sha. I hope she gets this appointment. At least all this misogynistic leeches can never say dis one na as a result of bottom power as they always like to claim whenever a woman gets a top post.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Recounts Personal Experience With Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (See Pics) by frankly01: 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2020
mana123:
What an amazing woman.

Whether Trump likes it or not, it must surely end in praise.

Gbam. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala All the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Recounts Personal Experience With Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (See Pics) by frankly01: 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
Congratulations to her.

Nice of Bianca to share this experience
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Recounts Personal Experience With Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (See Pics) by kiosk1: 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2020
moupe:
I agree with her 100%.

Women are their own worst enemies, always gossiping about themselves and running each other down.

Hardly can you see fellow women supporting others, even to encourage them is problem

They will bitch and bite, especially if the woman in question is beautiful, too smart or rich.

Am happy for NOI, sha. I hope she gets this appointment. At least all this misogynistic leeches can never say dis one na as a result of bottom power as they always like to claim whenever a woman gets a top post.

Right on point
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Recounts Personal Experience With Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (See Pics) by Vyzz: 12:10am On Nov 01, 2020
cool

(1) (Reply)

Davido's Brother, Chairman HKN Welcomes Baby Girl - Picture / Registration Begins For Royalty Reality TV Show Season 2" The Game Changer" / Omotola Jalade Celebrates Her Last Child On His 19th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.