Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,920 members, 7,810,534 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World (9043 Views)

Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / Jim Agbaje Tells CNN Why He Wants To Govern Africa's Most Populous City, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Openbusiness: 8:36pm On Oct 31, 2020
#1. The Hausas are the most populous. The global population of Hausas in the world is estimated at about 80 million people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausa_people

#2. The Yorubas are the 2nd most populous. The global population of Yorubas in the world is estimated at about 47 million people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_people

#3. The Igbos are the 3rd most populous. The global population of Igbos in the world is estimated at about 42 million people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people

#4. The Fulanis are the 4th most populous. The global population of Fulanis in the world is estimated at about 25 million people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fula_people

#5. The Ijaws are the 5th most populous. The global population of Ijaws in the world is estimated at about 15 million people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ijaw_people

#6A. The Ibibios are the 6th most populous. The global population of Ibibios in the world is estimated at about 10 million people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibibio_people

#6B. The Kanuris are also the 6th most populous on this list. The global population of Kanuris in the world is estimated at about 10 million people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanuri_people

So these 2 different tribes share the 6th position accordingly.

#7. The Tivs are the 7th most populous. The global population of Tivs in the world is estimated at about 6.5 million people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiv_people
SOURCE: Wikipedia

I believe these are the 7 8 largest ethnic groups in Nigeria. Anyone that has tangible proofs to counter this claim should provide it. We disagree to agree to learn cool

3 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2020
Openbusiness:

SOURCE: Wikipedia

I believe these are the 7 largest ethnic groups in Nigeria. Anyone that has tangible proofs to counter this claim should provide it. We disagree to agree to learn cool

Point of correction Sir, the Fulanis are 25million across African but circa 16million in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Homeboiy: 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2020
My neighbor wan use sex moan kill me this night

The guy no get mercy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Openbusiness: 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2020
tartar9:
If you include those with igbo blood whose parents were used as sex slaves by others,then Igbo population is more.
Anyways,half of igbos are OSU'S... they're not seen as real igbos.
We are counting population by census estimates, tangible figures, not population by speculations, hearsay or fables.

3 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Openbusiness: 8:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
frosbel2:

Point of correction Sir, the Fulanis are 25million across African but circa 16million in Nigeria.

Point of correction to you too, read the post again, I believe you will find something like GLOBAL POPULATION included in the write up cool
Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by walosky(m): 8:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
tartar9:
If you include those with igbo blood whose parents were used as sex slaves by others,then Igbo population is more.

YOU MUST BE AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD !

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
Openbusiness:
Point of correction to you too, read the post again, I believe you will find something like GLOBAL POPULATION included in the write up cool

I hide in shame , lol.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by parkervero(m): 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
The population of Yoruba and igbo is more than that.
Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by sageb: 9:21pm On Oct 31, 2020
I can see king Edward of Bonny there. #We Rise
Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 31, 2020
tartar9:
If you include those with igbo blood,whose parents were used as sex slaves by others,then Igbo population is more.
grin grin

One disgruntled pig for your eating pleasure sir

3 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Openbusiness: 9:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
parkervero:
The population of Yoruba and igbo is more than that.
Provide tangible proof.

1 Like

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Openbusiness: 9:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
frosbel2:

I hide in shame , lol.

Thanks
There's nothing like shame in this. So come out of hiding, or did you eat the forbidden fruit like Adam and Eve? grin

2 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
Who dashed ijaws 15 million ? Ijaws in Rivers State are max of 1.5m .. bayelsa max 2.5m Delta 1 million max ...everyother place 500k
..that's 5.5 million and I'm over estimating

True igbo population is around 25 to 30 million Nigeria population is not more than.100 million

3 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Arrewa: 9:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
God bless the Jallohs!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Arrewa: 9:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
I am fulbe... I am proud!!

cool cool

4 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Mathantics: 9:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hausa people are less than 50 million,

Not all who speak hausa are really hausa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by tartar9(m): 9:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
grin grin

One disgruntled pig for your eating pleasure sir
YOU ARE A PATRIOT!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Liposure: 9:43pm On Oct 31, 2020
Homeboiy:
My neighbor wan use sex moan kill me this night

The guy no get mercy
join them now

1 Like

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Liposure: 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2020
Igbochief001:
Who dashed ijaws 15 million ? Ijaws in Rivers State are max of 1.5m .. bayelsa max 2.5m Delta 1 million max ...everyother place 500k

True igbo population is around 25 to 30 million Nigeria population is not more than.100 million
its 200m jor. I will add one this nite
Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2020
Your source
Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
Rubbish.
Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by sageb: 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2020
Igbochief001:

it seems Ijaws give you guys heart attack. Keep hating

4 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
sageb:
it seems Ijaws give you guys heart attack. Keep hating
Give who heart attack ? ....Bros give them referendum let's see where they would chose to go

Fact is fact

1 Like

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by dododawa1: 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
Ok
Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
Liposure:
its 200m jor. I will add one this nite
Every stats points to 100m max 120 million

1 Like

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by dododawa1: 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
Did BUHARI aware

1 Like

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Openbusiness: 10:11pm On Oct 31, 2020
Igbochief001:

Put your sentiments and bias aside, then re-read the post again. You will see GLOBAL POPULATION written inside. That is population of the tribes in the entire world, not Nigeria only.
Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 31, 2020
Openbusiness:
Put your sentiments and bias aside, then re-read the post again. You will see GLOBAL POPULATION written inside. That is population of the tribes in the entire world, not Nigeria only.
Where are ijaws found outside Nigeria in large numbers

I'm.igbo and I know we are not more than 30 million

Lagos population is not more than 7 million

2 Likes

Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by Openbusiness: 10:13pm On Oct 31, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Your source
Because you can't read bah? No b only Source, na Maggi u go see. Mtchwwwww ¯\_ಠ_ಠ_/¯
Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by bobbybrown007: 10:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
dear o.p that number 1 u put is a pure lie. how can people stay in a place where they are no water? think nah
Re: The 7 Most Populous Nigerian Tribes In The World by sageb: 10:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
Igbochief001:

Give who heart attack ? ....Bros give them referendum let's see where they would chose to go

Fact is fact
who wants to be part of potopoto biafra? Certainly not Rivers Ijaws nor any Ijaw from the neighbouring states. We want NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC so Face your potopoto biafra

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Donates ₦‎40 Million To Flood Victims In Edo / Ifeanyi Ubah Calls For Police Exit From Contributory Pension Scheme / Pictures & Video From PDP Rally In Hadejia LGA, Jigawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.