Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Lekki Shooting: Analysing Premium Times Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Shooting: Analysing Premium Times Report (458 Views)

'The Matter Is In Court': INEC Faults Premium Times Report On Obi Winning Rivers / EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting / Kemi Adeosun Forged NYSC Certificate - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Shooting: Analysing Premium Times Report by TGM2015: 6:42am On Nov 01, 2020
I received a WhatsApp message from my friend on the recent Premium Times report of untold stories of Lekki Shooting. Here are the analysis and opinions of my friend.

Highlights from the videos and stories are:

1. They heard gunshots. This has been established and no one denied this.

2. Army and Police, some names were even mentioned, killed and took bodies away. Known allegations, yet 11 days now, their friends and families were not looking or speaking out for them. Some says they were afraid to speak out because they feared the FG? The excuse shock me ooo, naa so they loved the dead reach? Please, tell these people to come out and speak, I beg.

3. The gunshots wounded some of the villagers. Here is what we are saying, there were shootings but the bullet as seen can NEVER be a live bullet. It wounds but has not been recorded to have killed. The 2 deaths were as a result of complications, they died days after the shooting that night.

4. There was stampede, people get wounded in the process, no mention of deaths but we know there could be high possibility of deaths in stampede. Anyway, no evidence or mention for such from the news report.

5. People ran into the water and some were rescued. Here too, there are possibilities of people getting drown and some may have died. Going by know fact, waters always returned dead bodies, after 3 to 7 days, were are now in 11th days. Maybe we should wait for 14 or 21 days before we conclude on this.

6. Oh we have 1 dead body floating on the water now. Yes, there was a body floating on the water, unfortunately the reporter never made mention of whether there was gunshot wound on the man. The only thing established there is there were no blood stains on the man's clothes. Who knows if it was as a result of number 5 above.

7. Hospitals were said to have received instruction to sent lists of people they were treating or at their mortuaries. They alleged that they are afraid to sent the list, even if they were afraid, what about the families of the dead people? They too are afraid to mention where their love one were kept pending Burial? Please, tell them to contact Arise TV or DJ Switch, at least, these people will protect their identity or better come out to the inquiry panel to give details.

Remembered that people alleged that the army threw the killed people into the river and move some to Ikeja and the military mortuary. The panel went to military mortuary unannounced, they were delayed for about 10 minutes before they were allowed, according to Arise TV. When they entered, they find empty spaces, the hospital has been built but not yet equipped to . LCC have also been invited with the CCTV footage of the incident.

Like I always advised people, it is better we look at things objectively than with a biased mind or emotions. In all these, there has never been evidence of Genocide, massacre or mass killings , but for the 2 or more people that died and for any unprofessional engagement, we shall pushed for adequate compensation for victims and punishment for any person (civilians, army, police, etc.) that were found wanting .

Hold on...

All Raymond Simon wanted to do was help. But his large heart almost cost him his life. Mr Simon told PREMIUM TIMES he was not at the toll gate when the soldiers shot at protesters. A church instrumentalist, he was at a rehearsal that evening. As he was returning home on his motorcycle, he decided to take some of those injured during the shooting to hospitals.

He said he was returning after making the third trip from nearby Reddington Hospital when he was ambushed by police officers at the toll gate who viciously attacked and abducted him.

“After I was stabbed, they abducted me alongside a corpse. They were driving us around the area and I suspect they were looking for where to abandon the corpse. When they got to Ilasan area, they pushed me down. My hands were tied to the back,” he said.

He said the police officers drove off with the other presumably dead person. He later managed to find his way to a hospital where his wound was stitched, and he was given painkillers before being discharged.

Mr Simon said after he was attacked, one of the police officers tried to shoot him but one of his colleagues pushed him away. He said another officer with a bayonet attached to his rifle aimed to stab him in the neck, but he quickly moved his head and the blade hit his chin.He said his motorcycle was stolen during the attack.

... you mean they actually spared Simon? He was viciously attacked, they stabbed him even though they had gun with them, push him down and tied him up, knowing fully well he is still breathing. And got only stitch and pain killer for treatment. Hmmm... the story get as ẹ be ooo.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/423823-investigation-bullets-blood-death-untold-story-of-what-happened-at-lekki-toll-gate.html?tztc=1

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: Analysing Premium Times Report by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 01, 2020
before you come and defend nonsense

ask yourself these simple questions

Why was the light turned off?

why did they remove the cameras?

why has the Governor and NA speaking from both sides of their mouth

the kind curse wey some zombies dey use their head drag ehn

only devils will claim there was no shooting

if the Army had good intentions, the light and camera would have stayed intact

and moreover curfew was meant to start at 9 can someone justify why shooting started before 7??
Re: Lekki Shooting: Analysing Premium Times Report by lindareep: 6:50am On Nov 01, 2020
Armies weren't there,
No shooting, people didnt die,
We have the CCTV footage
Re: Lekki Shooting: Analysing Premium Times Report by OfficialAwol(m): 6:55am On Nov 01, 2020
lindareep:
Armies weren't there,
No shooting, people didnt die,
We have the CCTV footage

After the army themselves admitted they were there on the invitation of Sanwolu?

Maybe the CCTV you have is Fashola's camcorder.

Human beings dey shaa o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: Analysing Premium Times Report by jumper524(m): 7:02am On Nov 01, 2020
the moment I saw pictures of the bullets the military used, that was when I knew it was all lies.
nairalanders don't know this but that bullets you guys posted are blank bullets, u can ask military personnel if you know any..
blank bullets can only injure from close distance..
Re: Lekki Shooting: Analysing Premium Times Report by CodeTemplar: 7:38am On Nov 01, 2020
. . .
Re: Lekki Shooting: Analysing Premium Times Report by CodeTemplar: 7:40am On Nov 01, 2020
jumper524:
the moment I saw pictures of the bullets the military used, that was when I knew it was all lies.
nairalanders don't know this but that bullets you guys posted are blank bullets, u can ask military personnel if you know any..
blank bullets can only injure from close distance..
Did u post about it being blanks bullets immediately or you waited for someone to start the theory before you adopted it?
Re: Lekki Shooting: Analysing Premium Times Report by GamalNasser: 7:41am On Nov 01, 2020
Have some shame man ..what are you even trying to defend ? Are you suggesting the Shia massacre in Zaria was fake too?
Re: Lekki Shooting: Analysing Premium Times Report by jumper524(m): 8:44am On Nov 01, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Did u post about it being blanks bullets immediately or you waited for someone to start the theory before you adopted it?
before that theory came out i knew.
I made the comment in an old post and was heavily insulted as usual.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Analysing Premium Times Report by Benesis: 9:55am On Nov 01, 2020
Will we ever hear the end of this?

(1) (Reply)

Amotekun Recruitment: Oyo Govt Releases Names Successful Applicants / South West Governors & Monarchs Support Social Media Regulation / BREAKING: Gov Obaseki Dissolves Cabinet,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.