Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,110 members, 7,828,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church (463 Views)

What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? / Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by englishmart(m): 7:02am On Nov 01, 2020

The day I was seriously ill and a pastor was praying for me during one crusade I attended. I was feeling vertiginous, I couldn't even stand for long. I fell as he laid hand on me. I was too weak to get up but he dragged me and kept praying for me. I wàs like if I recover, I will pay this guy a visit.

Also the day I was reading a text in church through my phone, the pastor roared like an oppressed lion who still loves his oppressor. "Will you sit down there? Are you the only one here that has a phone? Or are you're the most digitized guy here?" All eyes focused my direction as I hid my head in shame. I was like "does reading from my phone weaken or invalidate the word of God?

2 Likes

Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by englishmart(m): 7:05am On Nov 01, 2020
The day I was to be made youth president and the pastor asked if anyone had anything against my being appointed president. After about five minutes of wait and just when the pastor was about to pray for me, someone from the congregation came out. She said I womanize and take alcohol. Of course I love women, but I was still a virgin grin. The alcohol part is very true, and I wasn't ready to drop it even for the post. Though I still got the post but I was damn embarrassed

grin

1 Like

Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by lindareep: 7:05am On Nov 01, 2020
Pastor befriending members wink
Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by parkervero(m): 7:09am On Nov 01, 2020
Sorry for those embarrassing moments.
Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by Uyi168: 7:13am On Nov 01, 2020
In my case,I felt embarrassed for the pastor.. embarassed
Imagine him telling me there are forces out against my father, that he needs urgent prayers.. Meanwhile, my papa Don die tay tay.. grin

1 Like

Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by englishmart(m): 7:19am On Nov 01, 2020
lindareep:
Pastor befriending members wink
This is the new normal o. There are certain class of church ladies that should come for special deliverance na.
Lalasticlala.

1 Like

Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by kingxsamz(m): 7:20am On Nov 01, 2020
When people are praying in tongues, saying rubbish and thinking it makes any sense.
I used to have second hand embarrassment for them.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 01, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

Sorry for those embarrassing moment but I still think that's not a reason to create a thread. This the house of God we are talking about, I know some people rule in the church sometimes with emotion you know.

Another thing is, some times we also act in the scene, take for example an usher telling you to sit there but you refuse and change sit, boom she started shouting, you now see the pix.

If am going to church, I dont ever pray to be embarrasse or angry cause my entire worship that day will be somehow..
Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by englishmart(m): 7:23am On Nov 01, 2020
Uyi168:
Imagine him telling me there are forces out against my father, that he needs urgent prayers.. Meanwhile, my papa Don die tay tay.. grin
Sometimes it's ok to help someone get embarrassed grin A prophetess once told me my father's second wife is behind my ordeals. Which yeye ordeals? Me that's doing way better than her children. Meanwhile my dad is only married to my mom.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by englishmart(m): 7:26am On Nov 01, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Sorry for those embarrassing moment but I still think that's not a reason to create a thread. This the house of God we are talking about, I know some people rule in the church sometimes with emotion you know.

Another thing is, some times we also act in the scene, take for example an usher telling you to sit there but you refuse and change sit, boom she started shouting, you now see the pix.

If am going to church, I dont ever pray to be embarrasse or angry cause my entire worship that day will be somehow..
Thanks. But may I know the case where it's okay to create a thread?

3 Likes

Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by illicit(m): 7:29am On Nov 01, 2020
When I learnt that my choir master slept with two choristers....
They were suspended for a while

And d guy has been talking behind me that I am worldly... I never knew it was because he saw me as competition
I was never interested in his girls tho....

I felt bad because he has always tried to make me look bad whereas he was d bad one....

1 Like

Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by englishmart(m): 7:34am On Nov 01, 2020
kingxsamz:
When people are praying in tongues, saying rubbish and thinking it makes any sense.
I used to have second hand embarrassment for them
grin grin Some have even graduated to writing in tongues.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by englishmart(m): 7:37am On Nov 01, 2020
illicit:
When I learnt that my choir master slept with two choristers....
They were suspended for a while

And d guy has been talking behind me that I am worldly... I never knew it was because he saw me as competition
I was never interested in his girls tho....

I felt bad because he has always tried to make me look bad whereas he was d bad one....
If you see what some so called righteous members do outside the church, you will feel bad for the devil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by DaddyRochie1642: 8:00am On Nov 01, 2020
Uyi168:

grin grin grin
Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by Uyi168: 8:00am On Nov 01, 2020
englishmart:
Sometimes it's ok to help someone get embarrassed grin A prophetess once told me my father's second wife is behind my ordeals. Which yeye ordeals? Me that's doing way better than her children. Meanwhile my dad is only married to my mom.
Mad o..

Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by tobechi74: 8:06am On Nov 01, 2020
When I was seen putting #5 as offertory
Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by CAPSLOCKED: 8:20am On Nov 01, 2020
THE DAY EVERYONE ELSE FELL DUE TO HOLY SPIRIT/ANNOINTING EXCEPT I AND THE ENTIRE CHOIR GROUP.
EVERYBODY LOOKED AT ME LIKE I WAS A DEMON, IGNORING THAT NO SINGLE SOUL AMONG THE CHOIR AND DRUMMERS FELL.

1 Like

Re: The Most Embarrassing Moment You've Experienced In Church by englishmart(m): 11:51am On Nov 01, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
THE DAY EVERYONE ELSE FELL DUE TO HOLY SPIRIT/ANNOINTING EXCEPT I AND THE ENTIRE CHOIR GROUP.
EVERYBODY LOOKED AT ME LIKE I WAS A DEMON, IGNORING THAT NO SINGLE SOUL AMONG THE CHOIR AND DRUMMERS FELL.
I thought it takes a demon possessed person to fall under anointing. How come it now takes a demon possessed person to resist anointing. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is This Not Hypocritical?? / God's Love; An Irony Or Misrepresentation. / A Few Reasons Why Maureen Badejo Will Go To Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.