Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate (45043 Views)

2023: G5 Governors Not Dead, We Won’t Disclose Election Strategy - Wike / Nigerian Army: We Arrested Chinwetalu Agu For Supporting IPOB / I Won’t Disclose Those Eligible To Be In My New Cabinet – Buhari Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by prinsam30: 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2020
Racoon:
This is false assertion by the lying army.All these cascade of events were the aftermath effects of the army involvement in the Lekki shootings.Abeg make una dey lie with sense.A fact is the army have not portends itself as a credible organisation with lying all the way as far as this issue is concern.

my brother i just weak for this matter oo
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by ofuonyebi: 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2020
Amnesty is a one big clique put in place by the western world to witchunt and render the black nations as a puppet
When Donald Trump ordered the killing of the iraq and iran generals where was this so called Amnesty and the Human rights? Tufiakwa!
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Osidazz19: 5:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
[s]
Danzakidakura:
Nigeria Muslims say d the killing was not true.
[/s]

The IPIG retards claim that 87 people were killed. Nigerians with common sense says deploying military to the toll gate was wrong (2 people killed) but there was no massacre. Show the prove of massacre or shut the hell up.

We are still waiting on the evidence.

IPIG retards only ask for evidence when they report something bad in the SadEast, for any or other place, evidence is not necessary.
Bunch of delusional warped retards.
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by naija1stnigar(m): 5:05pm On Nov 01, 2020
bunch of useless goats. am beginning to hate the Nigerian army with passion.

2 Likes

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Minjim: 5:05pm On Nov 01, 2020
uniqueboi1:
The soldiers were obeying order. Abi you want them to be shot dead?

The Enquiry should continue without them. The Panel should submit it's report and the State should file a suit against the NA.
When they get to court the judge can subpoena the soldiers to give their side of the story
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2020
why is our nigerian army badge written in arabic
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by mobi99(m): 5:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
I weep for the future of our unborn generation.... our fathers brought this on us,they failed to stand for what is right, they were deceived by our so called leaders..... now it's our obligation to make this correction once and for all,we can't allow our Future generation to suffer the same thing we are suffering. they deserve a country where rule of law works, where human rights is observed and respect, where we have leaders who are sane, where leaders consider the future of it youths and mass as Paramount, where no region of the country is mergenalized , where every one is considered equal despite your religious background, tribes, ethnicity , or social status ... we want a country where two third of the country youths are employed, engaged and support by it's government... we can suffer this for few more years, but it in our hands to put a stop to this mess come 2023 wit our PVC, it's is obvious that this current administration is for one particular region of the country.. but we said NO!! to nepotism, we said NO to tribalism, we said NO to religious war... by 2023 we will beget a new nation, restructure our country wit the power of PVC...

1 Like

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by SmartyPants(m): 5:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
calberian:

The fact of the matter is this:

The army claims that they were called upon to restore order and, [/i]more importantly manage the curfew[i] (italicised emphasis mine) but I posit that the reverse was the case:

The curfew was introduced to manage the impending advent of a military exercise at lekki which, believe what you may, was admittedly beyond the powers of the governor.

This is so because, if the main instruction was to restore and maintain order, they’d have been deployed to locations where incidents of violence from civil unrest had been recorded. There’s no need to list them.

The Lekki toll gate never recorded any such incidence until the evening of Tuesday, October 20, 2020. The objective at Lekki could not have been to restore order because no such intervention was needed. Protesting at the toll gate or any other public location was fully within the ambits of the rights of the protesters so there were no grounds for such a move. Nothing was scratched, let alone damaged at that toll gate. Infact, there seemed to be a team saddled with the responsibility of managing the integrity of the toll plaza and evidently, their performance was stellar. So, application of such level of force at that place however, was most befuddling.

I’ll just say this to whom it may concern:
You can fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time however, you can NEVER fool all of the people all of the time.

That is a logical submission worthy of some thought.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by bBadass01(m): 5:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
My dear nairalander, my birds are starving and even dying because I couldn't feed them good. Please I need someone to loan me and by the grace of the almighty I shall pay back soon as I sell them. Thanks
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
This country is messed
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Naijadonors(m): 5:13pm On Nov 01, 2020
Do these politicians even care about us? Nawaoo...

Make una patronize me jorr, We help you pay your bills in 2 minutes or less.

✅ Recharge Gotv, Dstv & Startimes
✅Pay Electricity bills
✅Buy Airtime
✅Buy Data

Visit: https://payza.ng/
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by faithfull18(f): 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
calberian:

The fact of the matter is this:

The army claims that they were called upon to restore order and, [/i]more importantly manage the curfew[i] (italicised emphasis mine) but I posit that the reverse was the case:

The curfew was introduced to manage the impending advent of a military exercise at lekki which, believe what you may, was admittedly beyond the powers of the governor.

This is so because, if the main instruction was to restore and maintain order, they’d have been deployed to locations where incidents of violence from civil unrest had been recorded. There’s no need to list them.

The Lekki toll gate never recorded any such incidence until the evening of Tuesday, October 20, 2020. The objective at Lekki could not have been to restore order because no such intervention was needed. Protesting at the toll gate or any other public location was fully within the ambits of the rights of the protesters so there were no grounds for such a move. Nothing was scratched, let alone damaged at that toll gate. Infact, there seemed to be a team saddled with the responsibility of managing the integrity of the toll plaza and evidently, their performance was stellar. So, application of such level of force at that place however, was most befuddling.

I’ll just say this to whom it may concern:
You can fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time however, you can NEVER fool all of the people all of the time.
Thank you, their mission was outright kill and cover-up, they didn't expect people would be bold enough to record it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
Good evening sir/ma.
Please am in debt of #100,000 for over weeks and have been typing all possible best but nothing positive comes out and am getting weak. Any assistance from any body please. God help you. 2155901128 UBA
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by WinForever(m): 5:18pm On Nov 01, 2020
The military must avoid the use of excessive force against civilians.

Let us also remember to remain determined in following Jesus always.
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by uniqueboi1(m): 5:18pm On Nov 01, 2020
IMASTEX:

If an army killed someone and refuse to bring out the officer, it shows it was an official operation. Therefore, the COAS is the killer or the C in C Period.

Full stop!
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Dayvidblue: 5:19pm On Nov 01, 2020
Femiwilli:

Look at the Nigerian Army logo, it has inscription written in Arabic.
This proves the Army is a Northern Islamic tool of occupation

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12608409_20201031054929_jpege31fe89750ed99e56ea19115279a6580

Nigeria is fast becoming an Islamic state.

1 Like

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by elisho: 5:19pm On Nov 01, 2020
it will never be well with this APC government i curse this country
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by merits(m): 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2020

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Coldie(m): 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2020
Lies. It was the army that started the riots. The protests were peaceful until the army came in
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by mozona(m): 5:24pm On Nov 01, 2020
which means it is not a photoshop that soldiers were there.

the truth shall prevail one day
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Lilgabby(m): 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2020
Wetin dey vecx me pass na that Arabic symbol wey them put under that army logo...its disgust me.... Even bokoharam out arabic symbols for thier own and yet they do really evil things. This country is really coursed!!! Ion think there re solutions.... Too many bloods are laid already...many souls roaming everywhere in nigeria ...... No be swear oh! E go tey before nigeria go better. And i cant wait to leave. Even to dey swear for Nigeria government don tire me walai....
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Vacora(m): 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2020
So you made the decision to deploy armed officers to the venue an ongoing ‘peaceful’ demonstration by unarmed protesters at Lekki instead of areas where they were confirmed reports of unlawful destruction of properties and killings by armed civilians in those areas of Lagos?
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by TruthinAction: 5:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
Seasons 2. The drama is getting more interesting.
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
GreenAgain:

https://www.thecable.ng/army-why-we-wont-disclose-identity-of-personnel-deployed-in-lekki-tollgate The army had initially denied being responsible for the incident.

In separate tweets, the army had labelled the reports on soldiers opening fire at the tollgate as fake news.

But last week, Olaniyi confirmed that soldiers were the ones who carried out the operation.

Lying zoom army.

They are now more present on social media than on battle ground. Shameless cowards.
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by IJOBA2: 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
There's just too many things wrong with the Nigerian System.
HELINUES WILL STILL DEFEND THEM
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
GreenAgain:

https://www.thecable.ng/army-why-we-wont-disclose-identity-of-personnel-deployed-in-lekki-tollgate The army had initially denied being responsible for the incident.

In separate tweets, the army had labelled the reports on soldiers opening fire at the tollgate as fake news.

But last week, Olaniyi confirmed that soldiers were the ones who carried out the operation.

Lying zoom army.

They are now more present on social media than on battle ground. Shameless cowards that flee and weep infront of teenage terrorists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by 989900: 5:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
Racoon:
This is false assertion by the lying army.All these cascade of events were the aftermath effects of the army involvement in the Lekki shootings.Abeg make una dey lie with sense.A fact is the army have not portends itself as a credible organisation with lying all the way as far as this issue is concern.

I was looking for someone to set this straight, thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by dederocs(m): 5:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
The military has its code of conduct,since it was a order from state government, i suggest we dont make the military hang out their comrade, who were just carrying out an order.
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by simfrost90210: 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2020
sad at his point, it's just hopeless and i wish the deceased, all of them that were shot dead that very evening, will suddenly rise to speak for themselves in the court of law but it's too hopeless and the truth is that, this country is not just worth dying for coz the course of the deceased will not be justified
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by nduwale: 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2020
Don't worry you will soon deny the list and later accept when Sahara Reports will pulish their names. I Trust their links.

1 Like

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Vacora(m): 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nigerian Army please hold this ‘L’

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Inec Declares Kogi State Election Inconclusive / Construction Of NNS Karaduwa (P102): Nigeria's Second Indigenously Built Gunboat / FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.