Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

“Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi (6396 Views)

Fans Drag Phyna For Wearing Pant & Bra After She Spoke Against It / "I Am Sorry For campaigning Naked For Tinubu" - Olaiya Igwe / Bobrisky Apologises To Tonto Dikeh, Says 'I Am Sorry For Humiliating You' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by Babtech001: 11:48am On Nov 01, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1HQCtfT9bY

Famous Nigerian gospel artist, Tope Alabi has said nobody can put her in bondage over the type of dress she can wear for being a gospel artist.

Alabi stated this during a video interview published on October 27 on Boomplay Buzz where talked about the inspiration behind her songs and her journey into stardom.

According to her, people always expect too much from gospel artists and always feel the need to control their lives.

“People want you to turn another thing because you're a gospel musician. They want to put you in a box and say this is how we want you to move.

“And if you check their status (those people that are talking), you will see wigs, you will see nails and I will start wondering, how am I different? Just because I wear Versace? what's the problem with that?”

The Singer who in an Instagram Live during the coronavirus lockdown told her critics that she is not sorry for what she wore at her father's burial said she still wear her pants.

“It is not only Versace that I have, I have Gucci, I have Louis Vuitton and I have not been wearing them,” she added.

The Ogun state indigene recounts how she used to borrow clothes, earrings, slippers and others for her music videos.

Tope Alabi narrated how she had to manage a cloth for music video after a friend of hers whom she wanted to use her house for a video shoot refused lending expensive clothes to her (Alabi) despite opening the wardrobe to shove it to her face.

Alabi further recount how she had to return the clothes she borrowed to wear for the christening of her last daughter, Deborah Alabi as the owner who was present at the christening insisted on collecting it same day.

She said; “The day we were doing christening for my last baby, Debbie, that day, the person that borrowed me cloth for the ceremony waited for guests to leave to tell me 'I don't want you to bring this cloth for me tomorrow because anything can happen to it so remove it now'.

“I said let me wash it at least I have worn it but she said no 'this cloth can not sleep [sic] in your today” she added.

The 50 year old singer further stated that she can wear any dress she deem fit as long as it did not expose any part of her body expect “God says, Tope don't wear that”.

Featured24 recall that in February, the music was dragged by her fans on social media over her dance steps which they described as 'worldly.'

In reaction to the backlash, Alabi said the reason for the dance steps which is popularly known as 'Zanku' is because she wanted to praise God in her own way as it is her father's burial.

Tope Alabi became famous for her soundtracks for Yoruba Nollywood movies. She got married in 1998 to Soji Alabi. Her marriage is blessed with 3 children.

https://featured24.com/nobody-can-put-me-in-bondage-im-not-sorry-for-wearing-designers-tope-alabi/

Lalasticlala

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by illicit(m): 12:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
She is not different.... she is fake

why borrow clothes when u preach contentment....

Why can't u wear ur own clothes at ur own party even at ur own video shoot.... must u wear expensive clothes fake life....

I don't let anybody preach to me, they are always fake....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by Missyajoke(f): 12:38pm On Nov 01, 2020
illicit:

Why can't u wear ur own clothes at ur own party even at ur own video shoot.... must u wear expensive clothes fake life....

Shut up my friend let me ask you have you ever gone to the studio not to talk of singing. She's not fake, if you don't have you borrow and return.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by Amanda4life: 1:36pm On Nov 01, 2020
SINCERELY RELIGION HAS PUT SO MANY PEOPLE IN BONDAGE INCLUDING ME.

PEOPLE ARE USING RELIGION TO PUT THEIR FELLOW HUMAN BEING IN BONDAGE BECAUSE OF SELFISH REASON S

2 Likes

Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by illicit(m): 1:46pm On Nov 01, 2020
Missyajoke:

Shut up my friend let me ask you have you ever gone to the studio not to talk of singing. She's not fake, if you don't have you borrow and return.

Who is ur friend, people like u borrow to slay on social media

Fake ass.... cut ur coat according to ur style

6 Likes

Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by StephenBB(m): 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2020
illicit:

My brother, if you're running out of sense just let me know.
I do sell sense but cos its you...I'll give you for free.

4 Likes

Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by illicit(m): 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
StephenBB:
My brother, if you're running out of sense just let me know. I do sell sense but cos its you...I'll give you for free.

see abeg no worry me
Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by Dayoebe(m): 2:11pm On Nov 01, 2020
Tope resist the urge to shalaye
You owe no one explanation how you live your life
Btw I don't like fake life

2 Likes

Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by Benwallt(m): 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2020
This woman's songs are very deep n real. You will travel far listening to it while laying in your bed. You will almost drown in your in your own tears. Very very soul searching n soul lifting message. God bless u ma. Shine on

4 Likes

Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by foyeks2001(f): 3:10pm On Nov 01, 2020
Hmmmm... Thank God for my life Sha.

I'm okay with what I have... I can only borrow to expand my business...
Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by GIANTPLUSHUB: 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nice one
Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
Some people fit borrow shall

Borrow clothes too

grin grin cheesy grin na wa ooooooo
Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 01, 2020
Apostle will hear of this
Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by tommy589(m): 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2020
Is this not been covetous?

I borrowed food,buy in credit,even begged for it when hungry,but borrowing clothes and shoes to package myself is out of it

Contentment is my way of life
Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by Gee001: 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2020
Why borrow in the first place? undecided
Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
illicit:

The borrowing was when she started her music Career
Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by TecM0: 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2020
It's called custuming

Artist don't wear props on set,

Tope Alabi should not bother explaining
Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 01, 2020
The last time I borrowed someone's clothes was years ago.
I'm too old and matured for that. If I no get I no get. Simple.
Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by LadySarah: 3:42am On Nov 02, 2020
you borrow wears for your child's naming ceremony?
There's what's called contentment. Let what you have suffice you.
It's not a good life.
Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by femi4: 7:33am On Nov 02, 2020
Missyajoke:

shut up! What about borrowing clothes for naming ceremony of her daughter.

Shes originally fake
Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by Gabe427: 9:45am On Nov 02, 2020
I was so happy when this woman started wearing jewelries and enjoying life
religion and it practices has placed many in bondages
live life as a Christian and enjoy it to the fullest
Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by seftgun1: 12:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
StephenBB:

My brother, if you're running out of sense just let me know.
I do sell sense but cos its you...I'll give you for free.
Please check DM
Re: “Nobody Can Put Me In Bondage, I'm Not Sorry For Wearing Designers” — Tope Alabi by StephenBB(m): 12:50pm On Nov 02, 2020
seftgun1:

Please check DM
Done

(1) (Reply)

Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter / Selena Gomez Gets Justin Bieber's Name Tattooed On Her Wrist / PHOTOS: Justin Beiber Hangs Out With Obama's Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.