Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,962 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? (1581 Views)

Military Operation In Oyigbo, Rivers State Leads To Humanitarian Crisis - / Oyigbo Is Bloody Guys / Trending Video Of Extrajudicial Killings By Soldiers Unfortunate, Says FPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by RedPhoenix: 3:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
Muna4real:

Okay how did it happen? Ipob got up and started killing hausas Abi? That's the story you want to hear. I don't know why you guys think that ipob will kill Hausas in Rivers when they haven't done anything to them in the south east. What's so special about the hausas in Oyigbo? Do they carry gold and silver? What do they have that the ones in IMO, Eboyi, Anambra, Abia and Enugu do not have. Tell me.

As I speak with you. I have atleast 5 persons on ground right there and I'm. Privy to first hand narratives of events madam

Even so. It was all there in the media glaring for those who watched how it started keenly.

1 Like

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by gidgiddy: 3:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Na so. Continue peddling your anti-igbo narratives.

Go and do your research so you won't say you were lied to about the incidences.

Go to YouTube, type in the word Oyigbo, look at dates the videos were uploaded and you will see all the violence with Oyigbo residents, Northerners, Police and ENDSARS protesters

But Governor Wike reduced the entire narrative to IPOB just getting up one morning to started destroying lives and property. Wike even put 50 million Naira on Stanley Mgbere, an activist who led ENDSARS protest in Onne. Wike accused him of being an IPOB leader who led IPOB to attack Onne. A peaceful ENDSARS protest suddenly became an IPOB attack. Turns out the Mgbere has no connection to IPOB.

If Wike csn falsely accuse Mgbere, he can falsely accuse IPOB too

3 Likes

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by Muna4real(f): 3:30pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

As I speak with you. I have atleast 5 persons on ground right there and I'm. Privy to first hand narratives of events madam

Even so. It was all there in the media glaring for those who watched how it started keenly.

Oh yes. You mean to say you have 5 hausa persons on ground there Abi?
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by RedPhoenix: 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
Have to work now. I've done my part in soliciting for calm in my God given capacity. Work time

Thanks.
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by BMedia: 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
gidgiddy:

Anyone can say anything. Mere words are not proof of anything. One thing is definitely clear. Wilkes narrative that IPOB just got up one morning, started to kill people in Oyigbo, burning down Police stations and killing Soldiers is simply not true.

Videos have now emerged that right before Wike proscribed IPOB on 23rd of October, there was a 4 way battle between Oyigbo residents, Northerners, the security forces and ENDSARS protesters. There were serious problems in Oyigbo

But according to Wike and his supporters, IPOB just got one morning and started destroying lives and property. There was no mention of the Northerners nor ENDSARS. Everything was IPOB's fault.

Just giving a Dog a bad name to hang it

Which "4 way battle"? Why won't you stop lying?

Who drew first blood?

Wike mentioned CLEARLY live in his ban broadcast that IPOB attacked another ethnic group that would have resulted in an ethnic crisis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cquYjBaPYqE

Continue deceiving yourselves while Oyigbo burns.
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by luvmijeje(f): 3:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

No. I actually believe the SE is not entirely treated in the best possible way. There are clear facts that points to this. While secession through referendum is a decision many Ndigbo and other non-Ndigbo who are supported of this cause remains, we constantly maintain the secession without wasting young lives, brought about by grooming them to become state enemies to then fight the state. Yes, SE wants to secede and as I always say in my public speeches. I advice all igbos to support secession over power because it can control the vertical and horizontal lines of how it should exist. But, training young men to go out to kill. Hausas going about their normal lives burning their communities I will never stand for. Even in an independent Ndigbo, there still will be Hausas. So I'm pro-tolerant, pro-process in how things should be done. And yes, without hatred.

Agreed. Secession shouldn't be at the expense of any body's life. If truly they want it, it's achievable and you don't even need international community for that. You only need to convince your own people and convince other tribes.

Earlier today I was reading the news of El-rufai and Fayemi talking of devolution of more power to the States. These are men from the ruling Party. If that's done it will even be better than the regional government. All it took was politics of respect. It didn't require the shout of war or insult.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by BMedia: 3:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
Muna4real:

When did kanu do that?

Lol you really don't know the monster called Kanu.

It was on one of his Facebook posts during the endsars period and it was reposted right here on nairaland.

You're clearly uninformed of the genesis and intricacies of this crisis so its better you inform yourself before blindly defending ipob terrorists even though I know its difficult if not impossible.
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by gidgiddy: 3:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
BMedia:

Which "4 way battle"? Why won't you stop lying?

Who drew first blood?

Wike mentioned CLEARLY live in his ban broadcast that IPOB attacked another ethnic group that would have resulted in an ethnic crisis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cquYjBaPYqE

Did you also observe that Wike put a 50 million Naira on Mgbere whom he claimed was an IPOB leader who led IPOB to attack Onne. It has now been proven that Stanley Mgbere is a well known Onne activist who led a peaceful ENDSARS protest in Onne. He has no ties to IPOB. If Governor Wike can falsely accuse an innocent man and put 50 million Naira on his head, nobody should trust whatever he says about IPOB

2 Likes

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by History555: 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

That's the point. He's recruiting youths to become enemy of the state which people are turning from. Ipob weren't killing before na. Just processions, gatherings, protests

See my sister, if anyone touches ipob, we will from other places join them to fight back. But not when ipob is the miscreant. No. It should be in the defensive posture, not offense

I maintain my unashamed and planned apathy towards ipob,not just yesterday but today and tomorrow. But when it's defending it's sovereign interests and not when it's on rampage. It's that simple.

So who did lpob kill when operation pyton dance was declared on them, who did they kill when security forces killed them in the Catholic church im anambra, who did they kill when dss opened fire in enugu.
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by BMedia: 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2020
gidgiddy:

Did you also observe that Wike put a 50 million Naira on Mgbere whom he claimed was an IPOB leader who led IPOB to attack Onne. It has now been proven that Stanley Mgbere is a well known Onne activist who led a peaceful ENDSARS protest in Onne. He has no ties to IPOB. If Governor Wike can falsely accuse an innocent man and put 50 million Naira on his head, nobody should trust whatever he says about IPOB

Who proved he is not a member?

Fellow Igbos terrified of Wike & use the claim that he was flying Nigerian flag during endsars, thinking we don't know of Kanus instruction that Igbos in the protest should not reveal their identities or carry any Biafra flags or emblems as they hijacked the protest? You think you have better security intelligence reports than Gov. Wike? You think Wike has nothing to do than to be framing and chasing one hungry ipob yoot?

You people really think you're smart not knowing all your moves smack of half-intelligence.
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by okeyglm: 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2020
Every igbo man must denounced Nnamdi kalu and his ipob. The only thing that guy and his group has brought to igbo land is death and destruction. look at most peaceful part of rivers state. has been turn rumble due to ipob whom can't even defend his father's compound.
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by RedPhoenix: 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2020
History555:

So who did lpob kill when operation pyton dance was declared on them, who did they kill when security forces killed them in the Catholic church im anambra, who did they kill when dss opened fire in enugu.

LEGITIMATE CONCERNS. ON THOSE CASES, I SINGLE HANDEDLY CONDEMNED AND WAS ATTAKING THE SECURITY OPERATIVES ALL THOROUGH OUT ITS OPERATIONS IN THE SE ON THOSE INCIDENCES

I'M NOT AN HYPOCRITE AND STAND FOR WHAT I STAND FOR.

I WON'T STAND FOR PEOPLE GOING ON KILLING SPREE EVEN IF THEY'RE FROM MY FATHER'S HOUSE
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by Anago55: 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Stop peddling falsehoods. You people and your atypical misrepresentation of facts

What happened in Oyigbo and what happened in Lekki aren't the same or the same. Circumstances

How does Wike Control the army.? Until you people begin to reason and speak objectively, you'll never appreciate people who value and love you that you stay with.

SO it's better you go stay where you won't always accuse people with your lies and falsehood

Let people know if even a Constable I'm the Nigerian police force is answerable to Wike, let alone the army..
. You have not commented on any other issue on nairaland except on the ongoing massacre in oyigbo. are you paid to do this ?

how heartless can people be just for peanuts. where is the humanity in you?

stop justifying evil. it might visit you one day
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by Anago55: 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2020
BMedia:

Oyigbo was the only place innocent northern businessmen were massaccred in cold blood by a proscribed secessionist group ipob.

So all these in addition to the army & police killings by the same proscribed group in the same town.

That is the key difference that many are pretending or deliberately refusing to acknowledge.
. Show me a single soul that was arrested for Enugu massacre and I will send you 10k now.

just for only enugu ooo. I am not talking about other states where there was bloodbath

you see how wicked you people are? You people are justifying the killings simply because those you love to hate are at the receiving end forgetting that there is karma

God is watching us
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by chichima5764: 5:32pm On Nov 01, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Election: APC Chieftain, Gololo Cautioned Jonathan Not To Run / IMO Govt Empowers Youths With Rabbit / Ebonyi State Begins Mass Production Of Electric Tricycles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.