Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? (1586 Views)

Military Operation In Oyigbo, Rivers State Leads To Humanitarian Crisis - / Oyigbo Is Bloody Guys / Trending Video Of Extrajudicial Killings By Soldiers Unfortunate, Says FPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by Eastlink(m): 2:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
Was Oyigbo the only place they burnt Police station? The madness in Benin and Lagos was worst than that in Rivers, yet we didn't see Police retaliation. Whether IPOB or not, Wike has made a fool of himself by allowing the security personnel do as they wish. It was the same nonsense he did in Onne with Stanley Mgbere. Inasmuch, as I dislike IPOB, any security operative that carries out extrajudicial killings on civilians should be arrested, prosecuted and hanged. We can not be protesting against EndExtrajudicialkillings and yet some idiots are allowed to carry out killings at any given opportunity. What happens to arresting people? What are the courts made for in the first place? Any animal carrying out a new wave of Odi or Zaki-Ibiam anywhere in Nigeria must be made pay for it.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by RedPhoenix: 2:11pm On Nov 01, 2020
Stop peddling falsehoods. You people and your atypical misrepresentation of facts

What happened in Oyigbo and what happened in Lekki aren't the same or the same. Circumstances

How does Wike Control the army.? Until you people begin to reason and speak objectively, you'll never appreciate people who value and love you that you stay with.

SO it's better you go stay where you won't always accuse people with your lies and falsehood

Let people know if even a Constable I'm the Nigerian police force is answerable to Wike, let alone the army..

2 Likes

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by helinues: 2:12pm On Nov 01, 2020

1 Like

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by GeneralStan(m): 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2020
Bloody spineless Hypocrites like the coward above me, will tell you as Long as the civilians dieing are Igbo or IPOB then they see nothing wrong with it...

1 Like

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by RedPhoenix: 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2020
GeneralStan:
Bloody spineless Hypocrites like the coward above me, will tell you as Long as the civilians dieing are Igbo or IPOB then they see nothing wrong with it...

Fear no go green you quote me na

Show me a comment where I expressed happiness at the killing of a single soul. Hypocrite. Make una dey go make we hear word.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by BMedia: 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
Eastlink:
Was Oyigbo the only place they burnt Police station? The madness in Benin and Lagos was worst than that in Rivers, yet we didn't see Police retaliation. Whether IPOB or not, Wike has made a fool of himself by allowing the security personnel do as they wish. It was the same nonsense he did in Onne with Stanley Mgbere. Inasmuch, as I dislike IPOB, any security operative that carries out extrajudicial killings on civilians should be arrested, prosecuted and hanged. We can not be protesting against EndExtrajudicialkillings and yet some idiots are allowed to carry out killings at any given opportunity. What happens to arresting people? What are the courts made for in the first place? Any animal carrying out a new wave of Odi or Zaki-Ibiam anywhere in Nigeria must be made pay for it.

Oyigbo was the only place innocent northern businessmen were massaccred in cold blood by a proscribed secessionist group ipob.

So all these in addition to the army & police killings by the same proscribed group in the same town.

That is the key difference that many are pretending or deliberately refusing to acknowledge.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by Eastlink(m): 2:18pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Stop peddling falsehoods. You people and your atypical misrepresentation of facts

What happened in Oyigbo and what happened in Lekki aren't the same or the same. Circumstances

How does Wike Control the army.? Until you people begin to reason and speak objectively, you'll never appreciate people who value and love you that you stay with.

SO it's better you go stay where you won't always accuse people with your lies and falsehood

Let people know if even a Constable I'm the Nigerian police force is answerable to Wike, let alone the army..
Your answer means you support killings of innocent civilians by the security operatives. If so, then don't complain if the army because of few troublemakers in your village, level everywhere to revenge the death of their comrades. Don’t even complain if your son is shot by the Police without trial to prove his innocence.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by RedPhoenix: 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2020
BMedia:

Oyigbo was the only place innocent northern businessmen were massaccred in cold blood by a proscribed secessionist group ipob.

In addition to the killing of 10 security agents by the same proscribed group in the same town.

That is the key difference that many are pretending or deliberately refusing to acknwoledge.

Help us tell them o

Trailers were burnt down. Traders burnt down with their goods.

They went cheerfully killing on a killing spree, and when the heat us turned on, they begun to act like the cowards they are making all sorts of accusations on innocent people who weren't there when they started

I've told them. I still will tell them, they should only start what they can finish.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by Eastlink(m): 2:20pm On Nov 01, 2020
I’m still waiting for answers. Is extrajudicial killings right or wrong? Are you supporting it because it involves Oyigbo? Are you supporting it because it involves IPOB? What happens to the arrest and trial? Why should the army take laws into their hands? Why should the army kill people at will?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by RedPhoenix: 2:20pm On Nov 01, 2020
Eastlink:
Your answer means you support killings of innocent civilians by the security operatives. If so, then don't complain if the army because of few troublemakers in your village, level everywhere to revenge the death of their comrades. Don’t even complain if your son is shot by the Police without trial to prove his innocence.

God will answer my prayer one day. Ndigbo will be an independent country. When Ndigbo becomes Biafra, let youths carry automatic rifles and go on killing spree and killing of the Biafra army. And we we wait to see if the Biafra army will take it with soft gloves

6 Likes

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Wike moral support is what's giving the army moral to kill innocent people

How can the chieft security officers not care his people are being killed

Is it because obigbo is igboland ?

1 Like

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by Eastlink(m): 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

God will answer my prayer one day. Ndigbo will be an independent country. When Ndigbo becomes Biafra, let youths carry automatic rifles and go on killing spree and killing of the Biafra army. And we we wait to see if the Biafra army will take it with soft gloves

Don’t shift from the argument. You are not talking to a child here? I’m not a Biafran apologist if you must know. I’m humanitarian who believe in justice and fairness. Are the Police or Army right in carrying out another Odi in Oyigbo?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by RedPhoenix: 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2020
Eastlink:
Don’t shift from the argument. You are not talking to a child here? I’m not a Biafran apologist if you must know. I’m humanitarian who believe in justice and fairness.

You start from the starting point.

What happened to trailers of foods burnt down, traders killed unprovoked and the deaths of soldiers. Start from here. Cause you claim to be holier. Tell us how okay it sounded or seemed when they return fire and kill soldiers and how it was convenient when certain miscreants went on a killing spree killing people unprovoked. Tell us those people deserve death, be it hausa, be in, I jaw, Fulani or hausa

Tell us. Who wakes up semi automatic and autinaticassault rifles and goes about causing destruction. Tell us it's normal. Cause when their unthought actions triggered consequences there's cry some people hate igbo this igbo that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by BMedia: 2:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Help us tell them o

Trailers were burnt down. Traders burnt down with their goods.

They went cheerfully killing on a killing spree, and when the heat us turned on, they begun to act like the cowards they are making all sorts of accusations on innocent people who weren't there when they started

I've told them. I still will tell them, they should only start what they can finish.

I've been watching them burying their heads hiding from the obvious facts, as if pretending the ipob attacks on other ethnic group never happened will make the military suddenly disappear.

1 Like

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by RedPhoenix: 2:27pm On Nov 01, 2020
BMedia:

I've been watching them burying their heads hiding from the obvious facts, as if pretending the ipob attacks on other ethnic group never happened will make military will suddenly disappear.

It's very annoying how they incite other people and make them feel guilty for actions they solely took albeit stupidly and unplanned with given careful though about possible consequences it could trigger

No sane human being support an army

See. I despise seeing any army enter any community cause we all know what they will do there and it will significantly cross ethical lines. But the invitees ought to be questioned as to what we're their plans when they started what they started...
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by Eastlink(m): 2:27pm On Nov 01, 2020
Igbochief001:

MrVitalist the local tribalist. Are you not ashamed of the bolded. Why bring Igbo into this? Please upgrade your thinking faculty. Not an insult just an advice

1 Like

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by RedPhoenix: 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
Igbochief001:

How is it not caring? What should he do? Take a gun and go fight the army in person?

What should the governor do that he isn't doing. Tell us?
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by Eastlink(m): 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

It's very annoying how they incite other people and make them feel guilty for actions they solely took albeit stupidly and unplanned with given careful though about possible consequences it could trigger
The truth is that we must be objective in our argument. If IPOB are the troublemakers, must we allow the security kill at will? What happens to arrest? Is extrajudicial killings part of the mandate of the army in Oyigbo? If so then the purpose of EndSARS, EndExtrajudicialKillings is a waste of time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

How is it not caring? What should he do? Take a gun and go fight the army in person?
Condemn extra judicial killing in his state
He should visit the place and see things for himself
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by RedPhoenix: 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
Eastlink:
The truth is that we must be objective in our argument. If you are after IPOB, must we allow the security kill at will? What happens to arrest? Is extrajudicial killings part of the mandate of the army in Oyigbo? If so then the purpose of EndSARS, EndExtrajudicialKillings is a waste of time.

My brother leave story. I've been in communities where security operatives come. They are devils. That's why I hate who soever does what will bring them in simple

The actions of the miscreants that called them I'm is the entirety of everything. Because when army comes in, they leave great mourning and deaths around. But that aside
The army need comes uninvited, albeit warranted by provocations. That's the issue I'm raising here.

Let's stop supporting rubbish under the guise of ethnicity. The boys were start this issue Don mateee now and na innocent people go suffer am. Na the people wey invite am be the traitors. The stvpid boys. Tell us what they gained by their thoughtless actions.

Anyone can start a fight, but when the violated party fights back, how he fights shouldn't be blamed, however disproportional.

On a low key I'm calm, but I want people don't fight me. Cause how I'll fight back will be more than what you expect. That's what's panning out.
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by GeneralStan(m): 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Fear no go green you quote me na

Show me a comment where I expressed happiness at the killing of a single soul. Hypocrite. Make una dey go make we hear word.

Fear you say ? Of who? A spineless Coward like you ?
I laugh in daura...

You and other goons have been playing correctness with the genocide going on, some of your colleagues saying it's not happening despite glaring evidence, others justifying it...
Abi you don dey fear karma?
30k propagandist
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by RedPhoenix: 2:36pm On Nov 01, 2020
Igbochief001:

Condemn extra judicial killing in his state
He should visit the place and see things for himself

. Not when it's hot. Things do escalate. He will. You can count on that.
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by Eastlink(m): 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2020
BMedia:

This could have degenerated into inter-ethnic war with reprisals in the North if drastic measures were not taken. Some selfish Igbos were happy thinking the reprisals to their oyigbo killings would happen to innocent igbos in the north (they were even mocking them for not returning home) not knowing there are several ways to skin a cat.

So all these in addition to the army & police killings by the same proscribed group in the same town.

That is the key difference that many are pretending or deliberately refusing to acknwoledge.
I guess Fagba didn't happen in Nigeria, only Oyigbo happened. And Oyigbo must pay for killing northerners according to you. Even if it means wiping out the whole community? So what happened to apprehending the culprits and allow them face justice? Why must we always toe the line of ethnicity and religion in this country. This is why a lot of people are questioning the unity of this country. It is in things like this, we should prove why the country should remain one and not divide it the more. Justice and fairness, nothing more, nothing less.

Let me tell you something, after the dust calms down in Oyigbo, expect a new wave of retaliations and killings. Why? Because people would want justice and they’ll take laws into their hands. Expect more revenge and watch it spiral into other parts of Rivers state in the future. This has been the problem in Nigeria and we seems not to learn anything from it. Since the army took sides in Jos, Agatu, Mambilla, Zango-Kataf, Mile 12, Ife etc did anything changed? Rather it made things worse. From generation to generation the fight continued.

If the job is to arrest and try all involved in the crisis with fairness, then peace will reign. But when you use the military to make things worse, then nothing is solved.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by gidgiddy: 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
BMedia:

This could have degenerated into inter-ethnic war with reprisals in the North if drastic measures were not taken. Some selfish Igbos were happy thinking the reprisals to their oyigbo killings would happen to innocent igbos in the north (they were even mocking them for not returning home) not knowing there are several ways to skin a cat.

You really believe that IPOB just got up one day, started killing Northerners burning down Police stations and killing Soldiers and Police?

Dont you think that if this is how IPOB operates, they would have been doing the same in Abia, Imo Enugu and other places?

There is nothing that happened in Oyigbo that was not happening all across the South of Nigeria during ENDSARS. Police stations were being burnt, property destroyed and lives lost in almost every state in the South of Nigeria

But it was only Wike who went about proscribing people, shouting terrorism, imposing week long curfew and inviting the military

1 Like

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by RedPhoenix: 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
gidgiddy:

You really believe that IPOB just got up one day, started killing Northerners burning down Police stations and killing Soldiers and Police?

Dont you think that if this is how IPOB operates, they would have been doing the same in Abia, Imo Enugu and other places?

There is nothing that happened in Oyigbo that was not happening all across the South of Nigeria during ENDSARS. Police stations were being burnt, property destroyed and lives lost in almost every state in the South of Nigeria

But it was only Wike who went about proscribing people, shouting terrorism, imposing week long curfew and inviting the military

That's a false narrative.

See. Bro. I'm pro-ipob anyway anytime and have always spoken in favor of ipob until now. You don't just go about with assault grade rifles when we're not in a war killing people. Haba

I will continue to stand by and with ipob anyway anytime as long as it doesn't :

1. Take the first shot

2. Kill unprovoked civilians

But doing this two was what they got totally wrong

Get your info right. No where in the entire country asides Rivers and Ebonyi did young guys carry assault grade weapons to deliberate attack and kill security operatives. Do your research
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by Muna4real(f): 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
BMedia:

Can you prove the bolded?

1 Like

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

. Not when it's hot. Things do escalate. He will. You can count on that.
Condemn the killing by the military is that too hard ?
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by BMedia: 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
Muna4real:

Can you prove the bolded?

Everyone knows this except you're living under a rock.

https://www.nairaland.com/6220684/oyigbo-how-carnage-started-warning-
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by jidamsel43(m): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
Yes, it's right to kill all terrorists ' Ipob members ' who desecrated the sanctity of Nigerian Army by killing them and also fled with their weapons.

The town will experience less piece unless the perpetrators of this sacrilegious act are fished out to face the full wrath of the law
Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by Muna4real(f): 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
gidgiddy:

That's not even the issue. First of all its not proven that ipob killed northerners else at least we would have seen or heard some biafran chants.

1 Like

Re: Extrajudicial Killings In Oyigbo: Is It Right? by gidgiddy: 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

That's a false narrative.

See. Bro. I'm pro-ipob anyway anytime and have always spoken in favor of ipob until now. You don't just go about with assault grade rifles when we're not in a war killing people. Haba

I will continue to stand by and with ipob anyway anytime as long as it doesn't :

1. Take the first shot

2. Kill unprovoked civilians

But doing this two was what they got totally wrong

Get your info right. No where in the entire country asides Rivers and Ebonyi did young guys carry assault grade weapons to deliberate attack and kill security operatives. Do your research

Where did you get this story that IPOB was carrying guns in Rivers, not to talk of Ebonyi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Was Peaceful Until Nigerian Govt Started Killing Them – Kanu / Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War / PDP Is The Most Useless Opposition Party In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.