Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Am Confused, What Is The Difference Between These? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Am Confused, What Is The Difference Between These? (694 Views)

Man Drives Tesla Into A Petrol Station Leaving Attendants Confused / The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe / I'm Confused! What Is The Difference Between Lexus IS And LS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Am Confused, What Is The Difference Between These? by Stubborn82: 2:54pm On Nov 01, 2020
A friend of mine wanted to buy a nigerian used car.

I over heard the dealer saying it is first body baking.

I want to know what is the difference between baking a car and painting a car

Is the baking better and last longer than paint?

Thanks as I expect your brilliant answers
Re: Am Confused, What Is The Difference Between These? by chival(f): 3:19pm On Nov 01, 2020
In layman's terms, oven bake is done in a heated room (the oven) and is an automated process that also allows the paint dry at the most ideal temperature. Spray painting is exactly that. The paint is sprayed on and left to air dry. Oven bake is considerably more expensive as it is reputed to make the paint last longer. Some claim it also looks better. However, if you go for spray painting and make sure it's followed up with a proper waxing job, it'll help prolong the life of the paint as well. Most of us don't wax our cars in Nigeria. I am guilty of that as well, even though I bought wax that's been sitting on a shelf for sometime.
Re: Am Confused, What Is The Difference Between These? by Stubborn82: 3:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
chival:
In layman's terms, oven bake is done in a heated room (the oven) and is an automated process that also allows the paint dry at the most ideal temperature. Spray painting is exactly that. The paint is sprayed on and left to air dry. Oven bake is considerably more expensive as it is reputed to make the paint last longer. Some claim it also looks better. However, if you go for spray painting and make sure it's followed up with a proper waxing job, it'll help prolong the life of the paint as well. Most of us don't wax our cars in Nigeria. I am guilty of that as well, even though I bought wax that's been sitting on a shelf for sometime.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord 2004 / Who Is The Best Car AC Person In Abuja? Too Many Amateurs / Experienced Driver Needed For Mecedez Benz Sprinter Delivery Van In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.