Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Fasting And Praying Successfully - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fasting And Praying Successfully (782 Views)

Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says / RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasting And Praying Successfully by judedwriter(m): 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
“But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”
— Matthew 4:4

The essence of a fast is to ensure that you are spiritually empowered to receive effectively from God in the spiritual realm and to do spiritual wonders in the physical realm. But most importantly, we fast to grow spiritually and be more like Jesus.

We fast mostly for spiritual reasons. Even the human agents of the powers of darkness fast to achieve powerful spiritual results. Witches and wizards can go for weeks fasting just to ensure they achieve their wicked aims and objectives.

It's then surprising when most children of God drag their feet when called upon by their spiritual leaders to fast and pray.

Many times, when the Holy Spirit prompts us to fast, we ignore and keep on eating. It's only when serious crisis raises its ugly head that we begin to forgo food and pray.

One truth I have discovered is that when you feast when you are supposed to be fasting, you will be forced to fast when you are supposed to be feasting. Fasting is very important spiritual discipline because there are some issues that can't be resolved by just prayers alone. Fasting and prayer is not an option. This is why people who can't fast and pray for any special reason should have people who can fast and pray for them.

I have also discovered in my life the power of God's Word. Whenever I spend quality time to read my Bible, I feel spiritual renewed and empowered. The Bible isn't just ordinary ink and paper, it spiritual nourishment to our spiritual beings. The Word of God is spiritual food:

“Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.”
— Job 23:12

Exactly the same way you feel physically after eating a heavy meal of pounded yam and vegetable soup with a generous piece of chicken, is the same your spirit feels after hours of personal Bible study.

Like we see in our first Bible text, man was created by God as a spiritual being. He lives in a physical body and has a soul. The real food of man is God's Word. This is why when you put God's Word first in your life, the spiritual man takes charge of your physical life and your situations by the Holy Spirit.

“Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”
— 3 John 1:2

True prosperity begins when your spiritual man prospers by God's Word. Many times I see traders casually read their bibles while they trade; if only they spent more quality time in their bibles, their businesses will prosper greatly.

To fast successfully and get major results in the physical realm, we must engage our bibles more in study. Fasting without prayers is nothing but hunger strike! But fasting without much Bible study is even worst.

I have discovered that when I combine my fastings and prayers with much Bible study, i achieve so much spiritually. Sadly, most of us fast and pray and do very little Bible study; it shouldn't be. We must find time for the Word of God if we are to fast successfully.

The Word of God is something we can't ignore if we to fast very successfully. Many times I receive spiritual stamina to fast even longer when I spend quality time in God's Word.

However, we should understand that God hates sin. A fasting period should be one of genuine repentance so that God would move quickly in our lives.

We can see another condition for a successful fast in Isaiah 58:7

“Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?”
— Isaiah 58:7

Showing mercy and help to the poor and needy is another important factor in a successful fast. A fasting period shouldn't just be one of intense prayers and bible studies but outreach to the poor, orphans, widows, helpless, etc.

God is deeply touched when we humble ourselves before Him and help those in need.

May God give us all the grace to fast successfully in Jesus mighty name.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fasting And Praying Successfully by chiefolododo(m): 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2020
This is nice
Re: Fasting And Praying Successfully by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 02, 2020
Nice piece. What is your take on water fasting? Is it less effective compared to dry fasting.

Cc; Judewriter
Re: Fasting And Praying Successfully by judedwriter(m): 11:37am On Nov 04, 2020
Nuttella:
Nice piece. What is your take on water fasting? Is it less effective compared to dry fasting.

Cc; Judewriter

According to scriptures, dry fasting is very, very effective. Esther fasted dry for 3 days and a mighty miracle happened for the salvation of her people.

Water fasting too is effective but not as powerful as dry. Dry fasting produces greater miracles than wet.

Either way, if you have the grace of doing either, better do than not fasting at all. Fasting is very important for the miraculous, whether dry or wet.

2 Likes

Re: Fasting And Praying Successfully by CHARLYX9: 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2020
judedwriter:

According to scriptures, dry fasting is very, very effective. Esther fasted dry for 3 days and a mighty miracle happened for the salvation of her people.

Water fasting too is effective but not as powerful as dry. Dry fasting produces greater miracles than wet.

Either way, if you have the grace of doing either, better do than not fasting at all. Fasting is very important for the miraculous, whether dry or wet.
what is longest dry fast that you have done?
Re: Fasting And Praying Successfully by judedwriter(m): 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2020
CHARLYX9:
what is longest dry fast that you have done?

I hardly practice dry fasting.

I have done many days of water fasting.
Re: Fasting And Praying Successfully by CHARLYX9: 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2020
judedwriter:

I hardly practice dry fasting.
I have done many days of water fasting.
hardly!! Does it mean you have nt done dry b4?
Re: Fasting And Praying Successfully by judedwriter(m): 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2020
CHARLYX9:
hardly!! Does it mean you have nt done dry b4?

No! I have, but not up to 3 days like Esther.
Re: Fasting And Praying Successfully by CHARLYX9: 6:27pm On Nov 06, 2020
judedwriter:

No! I have, but not up to 3 days like Esther.
okay 2days dry how effective was it.
Re: Fasting And Praying Successfully by dsfaster: 12:11am On Nov 07, 2020
hello guys, do you want to make some money without any investment? if yes, click the link below to start. it's very legit, I have cash out some money from it without wasting my data or spending a single dime on it. for full explanation click https://www.nairaland.com/6237447/how-make-n30000-without-investing
Re: Fasting And Praying Successfully by UgoFly: 12:54pm On Nov 07, 2020
judedwriter:

you can't judge the effectiveness of fasting like this my brother. The prayer of a righteous man is effective. Dry fasting or wet fasting. Fasting is needed for spiritual growth but it's not what determines the effectiveness of a prayer. Daniel didn't do dry fasting but he abstained from rich foods, wine and meat for 21days and had his vision. Nice write up tho.

(1) (Reply)

Where Was God Before He Created The Heavens? / Jesus Said He Has Not Come To Bring Peace, But Sword. Is This Your God?(pics) / Biblical Armageddon Or Solar Engulfment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.