Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last (66715 Views)

Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) / Beautiful Pictures Of Abeokuta, Ogun State That Will Make You Love The City / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Kinematics: 1:14pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hunchogee:

Meanwhile the idiot you are quoting is not even open to learning grin

Hunchogee aka Ilaumoh... are you back?
Hope Udom has given you your peanut for last month.

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Proffdada: 3:37pm On Nov 03, 2020
Jonathan had all the opportunities but squandered it on Ogogoro and almajiris
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Psalmy2cute(m): 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
candygist:
Warri Don Carri last o. I served in warri in 2018. Friday's, Saturday's and Sunday's are robbery days in warri. If you walk any how on these days I mentioned, you are on your own. Places like jakpa road, efurrun round about, edjeba, NNPC road etc. Once it is 6pm I Don enter my house. The sweet thing about warrior is that, I ducked 3 best friend. Very sweet girls. If you have money don't go and show off in warri. The first time I was pointed a gun was in warri, jakpa road to be precise, I was in a barbing salon when some group of tall black armed men that looked like militant walked in, as I see their red eyes and the kind gun way them carry, na so I carry all my belongings give them, including my house key.. I can not die because of NYSC. But I enjoyed warri. It's just that I wasted 8 months of my life there.
Let me not talk about ekpan and ekpan secondary school o
no I can testy.. you no lie about this post.m
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Omezif(m): 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
Wow, Very nice. we look forward to see more changes.
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by pgodson7(m): 3:40pm On Nov 03, 2020
oops
tot u meant college of education edjeba
RuudVanNisteroy:
Federal Goverment College, Warri-Produced some of the hardest and most rugged boys.
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Ekpekus(m): 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2020
Kingsintei:
Lol. This one na my former area, while I was still staying there, that road was repaired/reconstructed about three times yet that spot still comes to it's default settings grin. Giwa-mu
Small or big Idiaragbe?
The drainage for that road na casted. Come add Okere/Ugborikoko road drainage especially near Mene street join , you go see reason why that road go remain casted.
I hail you bros
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by SenatorBright(m): 3:43pm On Nov 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Delta state has the worst political office holders you can ever think of. The state isn't blessed with good leaders at all. The last time we saw real infrastructure development was even during Ibori administration. Even though that adminstration threw the state into debts.

Uduaghan was the worst. Nothing to show for his 8 years, aside the Asaba airport. He practically wasted the state resources on white elephant project that even saw the light of the day. (Oleri park, BRT, Modern bus terminal and warri industrial back comes to mind).

The current administration is constructing 1" thickness road and he's calling himself road master (I shame).

Thuggery, Development fee and all forms of youth restivensss finished that city

OsusuBishop

I haven't see Igbudu market, Alaska, hausa quarter and the popular plaza Show us.
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by webmaster99(m): 3:43pm On Nov 03, 2020
warri is the worst state I have ever been to
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by jieta: 3:47pm On Nov 03, 2020
webmaster99:
mugu warri na state people dey talk you still dey talk.

2 Likes

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Incandescent(m): 3:47pm On Nov 03, 2020
@OP.. thanks for the expose.

As someone from that region, your points are not farfetched. It's a shame that the people do not even know they deserve better.

So much poverty in the midst of plenty and yet all they do is lick the ass of these politicians.

Na only gragra.

Scholarship they won't give. Roads no dey. No factory.. no functional industry. All they know how to do is go to teachers college and be shouting pdp. As in small boys are already indoctrinated into this political thing. So so sad

The matter don tire me abeg

2 Likes

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by KpakpaJulaga: 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2020
webmaster99:

You haven't been to Warri because Warri is not a state but a City.
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by samwash(m): 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2020
The day I watch the documentary of NDDC master plan for Niger Delta, I weep for Nigeria
He go hard ooo before we go even meet up with North Africa cities not to take of European cities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by webmaster99(m): 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2020
jieta:

if you like shout all you want,
I have said my own that warri is the worst state I have ever been to in this life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by webmaster99(m): 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2020
KpakpaJulaga:

You haven't been to Warri because Warri is not a state but a City.

warri is a city or so,
that place hardship is times 5 compared to lagos

1 Like

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by uchennamani(m): 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2020
Exjoker:
Between Warri and Onitsha which is bigger in land mass... I have been to Onitsha and the city is really big. I hope to visit Warri one day....

Big lie. I grew up at Onitsha. Onitsha is really small.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Ekpekus(m): 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2020
jieta:
Hahahaha Ejeita you wan kpuff person with laff
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by YoungDaNaval(m): 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Predeco Estate owned by former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar company, Intels.It was mostly rented by expatriate staff working for the various oil companies.
This is onne right?

1 Like

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by amliftedhigher: 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Warri nor dey carry last.

Warri was the city I was born and raised in as a Yoruba boy. So, many good memories.

This city had major oil corporations that employed thousands of oil workers in Shell, Chevron, NNPC, Halliburton, Schlumberger, Neconde and many other small oil servicing companies. This city should have been a pride not only to Nigeria, but Africa. There was a lot of oil money flowing around and it also had a large number of expatriate staff who came from England, Netherlands, United States and many other countries working for the various oil companies.

The city is now a ghost of it's self. Most of the major oil companies and oil serving companies have moved their offices to Lagos or Port Harcourt,due to the insecurity in the city and kidnapping of oil companies staff.

This is a city that could have rivaled Abuja, Nairobi, Windhoek, Cape Town if resources where properly utilized to tranform this oil rich city.

Can people still living in Warri upload pictures of the present developments.
You are posting pictures without tagging the name?
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by shugabasbn: 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2020
Every state capitals and some towns suppos to have bn a mega city if our resources have bn channelled for good used

I went to my state capital after like 10 yrs absence I was just like why now? No single change, in fact some areas were even worse than before. No water, no light, the traffic lights were no longer functional, many beggers, people are now more angrier than before. The only development were small eateries that just opened
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by sonofthunder: 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Warri nor dey carry last.

Warri was the city I was born and raised in as a Yoruba boy. So, many good memories.

This city had major oil corporations that employed thousands of oil workers in Shell, Chevron, NNPC, Halliburton, Schlumberger, Neconde and many other small oil servicing companies. This city should have been a pride not only to Nigeria, but Africa. There was a lot of oil money flowing around and it also had a large number of expatriate staff who came from England, Netherlands, United States and many other countries working for the various oil companies.

The city is now a ghost of it's self. Most of the major oil companies and oil serving companies have moved their offices to Lagos or Port Harcourt,due to the insecurity in the city and kidnapping of oil companies staff.

This is a city that could have rivaled Abuja, Nairobi, Windhoek, Cape Town if resources where properly utilized to tranform this oil rich city.

Can people still living in Warri upload pictures of the present developments.

The city town is today an eyesore...... Nicknamed the "keke rich city of warri" as that is now the town's major employer of labour.

3 Likes

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by IdontGivAfuck: 4:08pm On Nov 03, 2020
Daum:

Remove Edo
We are don't have money na. What are we corrupting for

Epa domo

Help ask them o

After Akwa Ibom with all their oil remains a cursed state
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by MisterGrace: 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2020
Arrewa:
Good... We need more of this Nigeria!

This is my state kano...

Let's hold out politicians accountable for our Allocations!
We will surely get there!

Not a safe city or state.

Infringement on rights to live freely.
Religious intolerance.
And all what made Kano and core north very unattractive.
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2020
Delta state is a failed state. Little wonder why over 90% of the youths there are into yahoo because they have nothing else to do

2 Likes

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by IkwereIgbo: 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2020
Arrewa:

This is my state kano...

Hahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This foolish boy want Southerners to notice his dry desert land by all mean, we are talking about South South city and he is posting his semi desert land...sense is really far away from these Northerners.

Carry your semi development to Chad abeg, Aboubacar Sekau is there, Blood of Southerners are precious we are not visiting grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Franking: 4:15pm On Nov 03, 2020
Warri is very dirty. Typical Nigerian town or city. Nothing special.
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by IkwereIgbo: 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2020
Kinematics:

Keep displaying your illiteracy. What's the landmass of Akwa Ibom?

This your Eldorado you've been hailing Upandan I've asked you why are your people not living in it? Why are they running out including yourself on a daily basis?
I know you are planning to run away from the forest as well.

Village clown. Go sleep oo, because you need to wake up early so that you can run your keke well.

Modified: Seen your profile, you even reside in Abuja. Chai, you see your life? When I say you guys are the almajiris of the SS I know what I'm saying.

Hahaha, people who are better than you, it's just a message, can you post yours without been bomb by your brother Aboubacar sakau grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We Southerners love ourselves..Carry your Almajiri mentality to North where your blood group belongs.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by edoairways: 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2020
PAWG:

Really? ‘Nothing to show’

Don’t you think we’re too extreme in our criticisms?

On this same forum I’ve read people say Fashola finished 8 years with nothing to show.

Godswill Akpabio, 8 years and nothing to show.

Now it’s Uduaghan, in a few years to come it’ll will be Okowa.

It’s really not fair

When Jonathan was president people said he was the worst president ever.

Now Buhari is the worst president ever.

We’re too harsh

Rome wasn’t built in a day, it’s about having a long term master plan and sticking to it.

The world is leaving us behind.

Every new dispensation jettisons the plans of the old and wants standout, that’s why they start executing emergency short term projects that aren’t viable and can’t stand the test of time.

States need to have development plans and stick to them.

Free health care delivery for pregnant women,Cheap in city transport and Security were the achievement of the bolded text. Aside these, I doubt if he achieve anything reasonable

2 Likes

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2020
Arrewa:

This is my state kano...

Really good leaders spend more resources to develop the youth, they spend on education and not bridges.
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Eddygre8(m): 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2020
Old Warri
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by luminouz(m): 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
Arrewa:

This is my state kano...

For God's sake, must you jump to every thread to advertise KANO?

what's wrong with you,bigot? undecided

1 Like

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Excuses: 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2020
Arrewa:

This is my state kano...

Arrewa only you for Kaduna same you for Kano..nice pictures of development I must say but this mediocrity..this is nothing compared to south Africa..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside) / Abuja-Kaduna Train Attacked Twice On Monday 14/9/20 / The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.