Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Please I Need Clarification On This Issue. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please I Need Clarification On This Issue. (451 Views)

Please I Need People Advice Over This Issue / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? / Please Help Me Clarify This Issue Of Marriage Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Clarification On This Issue. by BIZNess123(m): 10:28am On Nov 02, 2020
sad shocked

Good day Nairalanders.

Please I need clarification on this issue, if an individual whose biological father(a Yoruba) is Late and he was adopted by a Rivers man
Who's now is father, is it ok to say you are from Rivers though you are still bearing your Yoruba name and also change your state of Origin to Rivers...? ,due to the fact that you were born and brought up there and also adopted.

Lala
Mynd44
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Issue. by emillysmigael(f): 10:30am On Nov 02, 2020
BIZNess123:
sad shocked

Good day Nairalanders.

Please I need clarification on this issue, if an individual whose biological father(a Yoruba) is Late and he was adopted by a Rivers man
Who's now is father, is it ok to say you are from Rivers though you are still bearing your Yoruba name and also change your state of Origin to Rivers ,due to the fact that you were born and brought up there and also adopted.

Lala
Mynd44
Yes it is possible... Just get a letter of introduction from your foster dad's local government and prederably, if possible change your surname.
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Issue. by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 02, 2020
BIZNess123:
sad shocked

Good day Nairalanders.

Who's now is father, is it ok to say you are from Rivers though you are still bearing your Yoruba name and also change your state of Origin to Rivers...? ,due to the fact that you were born and brought up there and also adopted.

Lala
Mynd44

You are a Yoruba man.

Stick to your name

How can you explain the linking later on
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Issue. by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 02, 2020
BIZNess123:
sad shocked

Good day Nairalanders.

Lala
Mynd44

You are a Yoruba man.

Stick to your name or change it outrightly to the name prevalent in the new environment. Identity change

How can you explain the linking later on....if not change name
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Issue. by BIZNess123(m): 10:44am On Nov 02, 2020
emillysmigael:
Yes it is possible... Just get a letter of introduction from your foster dad's local government and prederably, if possible change your surname.

Thanks...
But the surname name have been using is that of my late Dad and i can't change it cus have used it for all my important documents...
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Issue. by Dede1(m): 10:44am On Nov 02, 2020
BIZNess123:
sad shocked

Good day Nairalanders.

Lala
Mynd44

How about the biological mother?
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Issue. by BIZNess123(m): 11:04am On Nov 02, 2020
Dede1:

How about the biological mother?

A Rivers woman...
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Issue. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2020
BIZNess123:

Thanks...
But the surname name have been using is that of my late Dad and i can't change it cus have used it for all my important documents...

Still not an hindrance, add a Rivers Name to your Surname and then do a change of name to reflect the new name.
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Issue. by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 03, 2020
BIZNess123:
sad shocked

Good day Nairalanders.

Lala
Mynd44

He is Rivers.
Re: Please I Need Clarification On This Issue. by amaham(m): 6:33am On Nov 04, 2020
In other to make your life as seamless as possible stick to one identity. Maybe change to a Rivers surname and maintain Yoruba first name like mr rotimi chibike amechi . As for your previous documents bearing a Yoruba surname, a change of name can cover all.
Note: I hope the Foster dad's biological children are all with you on this identity change journey.
What's the relationship between your mom and Oga foster father?

(1) (Reply)

Please Come To My Rescue / 2012 Clean Toyota Fortuner For Sale. 5.8m / This Video Of Dwyane Wade, Wife Gabrielle Union Is Causing Social Media Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.