Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan (2580 Views)

The Same Advice I Told My Friends On Whatsapp. / Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Feeling Depressed / Help A Brother With Your Candid Advice I Am Felling Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by jolay554(f): 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2020
So I graduated from school last November and partly because of the Covid 19 and majorly because of the very slow system of my school, I am yet to be deployed for NYSC.

Recently, I was about to secure a job which pays less than 50k monthly, I would have loved to stick to it and work my NYSC PPA to this same firm but recently, my boss had been playing games with my salary and to top it all, the Lagos traffic has been driving me nuts and the cost of transportation is becoming increasingly heavy.

So now, I'm planning on quitting my job by January, try to work my NYSC to Ibadan and then use the 1 year to look out for job opportunities, I'll like to know if that's a good plan or if there's other suggestions that could be better than this?

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by funmz(f): 12:40pm On Nov 02, 2020
I will suggest you try to get remote jobs because even though the cost of living is cheaper at Ibadan, it's very difficult getting a job and the pay is usually very low (mostly 20k to 30k). Not trying to discourage you but most people in Ibadan are looking for jobs in Lagos. You might be lucky to get a high paying job in Ibadan but you are much better off in Lagos in terms of job search
You can also try to get a job around your vicinity to reduce cost of transportation. Wishing you all the best.

19 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by jolay554(f): 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2020
funmz:
I will suggest you try to get remote jobs because even though the cost of living is cheaper at Ibadan, it's very difficult getting a job and the pay is usually very low (mostly 20k to 30k). Not trying to discourage you but most people in Ibadan are looking for jobs in Lagos. You might be lucky to get a high paying job in Ibadan but you are much better off in Lagos in terms of job search
You can also try to get a job around your vicinity to reduce cost of transportation. Wishing you all the best.

Oh!, I'll take note of this, thanks a lot for this piece kiss
Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by Pwhitelaw(m): 2:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
I will suggest you stay in Lagos because jobs are so scarce in Ibadan and considering the havoc caused by covid-19.Try and look for another job and work your service to lag and you can start from there.

5 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 02, 2020
jolay554:
So I graduated from school last November and partly because of the Covid 19 and majorly because of the very slow system of my school, I am yet to be deployed for NYSC.

Recently, I was about to secure a job which pays less than 50k monthly, I would have loved to stick to it and work my NYSC PPA to this same firm but recently, my boss had been playing games with my salary and to top it all, the Lagos traffic has been driving me nuts and the cost of transportation is becoming increasingly heavy.

So now, I'm planning on quitting my job by January, try to work my NYSC to Ibadan and then use the 1 year to look out for job opportunities, I'll like to know if that's a good plan or if there's other suggestions that could be better than this?

Would you mind view my business proposal you will be glad you did.
God bless

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 02, 2020
funmz:

Good advice! jobs are hard to find now in the labour market.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 02, 2020
Pwhitelaw:
I will suggest you stay in Lagos because jobs are so scarce in Ibadan and considering the havoc caused by covid-19.Try and look for another job and work your service to lag and you can start from there.
Exactly

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by Pmedia7787: 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2020
jolay554:

First of all

If you are looking for some kind of jobs you can do and not necessarily business... Then remain in lagos

But if you end up getting a remote job... Go to ibadan

If your main goal for now is just to look for some stuffs to get going

Either stay around the boundary of Lagos and ogun or go to ibadan

And the reasons are this

A 30 k job in Ibadan is equal to a 70-90 k job in lagos

The difference is what you use your money for at the end of the day

Any job costing you over 500 in transport fees in Lagos with a pay less than 60k a month is not a good job...yoare been slaved.. With no progress

Because.. You will most likely do it....without anything to show for it...the Stress involved will not make you think in the right direction

Your decision should be on how any of the location will help you reach your live goals as quick as possible.. Either in the long term or short term

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by TecM0: 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2020
Coming to Ibadan think of starting a business or learning a trade, even common POS agent earn a relatively decent living, Lagos gives that illusion of success, but the truth is bills take all you earn, in Ibadan, no matter how reckless you are, you have a good chance of saving and having financial growth

Ibadan is so stressfree cheap and easy for a business to grow, but jobs in Ibadan pay less, 25k to 40k for entry level

7 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by Niyeal(m): 5:46pm On Nov 02, 2020
jolay554:

Look for job in Lagos and request a transfer to Ibadan like I am

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by Dreamliner787(m): 6:53pm On Nov 02, 2020
jolay554:

It will end in Tears

3 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by Femolacaster(m): 7:21pm On Nov 02, 2020
Try to learn a good skill that can make good money for you from the comfort of your room.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by donprincebigt(m): 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2020
jolay554:

OP must be a Student of MOSHOOD ABIOLA POLYTECHNIC
Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by meetme01: 8:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
Bro, there is no job anywhere. The world is now technology complaint. I'd advise you pitch your tent with some tech stuffs. Writing, online shopping, domaining, forex, dropshipping etc. All these are money making stuffs. It pays better than 8-4pm jobs.

Everything can be learnt on nairaland. Trust me, Iearnt every damn skill here. I may not be making millions but I earn.

Please, don't bug me with messages. It's an advice I gave. Just read various threads and most especially recent threads on nairaland. You will learn one or two.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by DontBullshitMe: 8:20pm On Nov 02, 2020
Look for a rich man and marry him.

You don't need a job. grin
Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by Nopanties: 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Look for a rich man and marry him.
You don't need a job. grin
Kangaroo

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by jagaban002(m): 9:08pm On Nov 02, 2020
It depends on you, I serve at Ibadan and stay extra 6months after my nysc b4 moving back to Lagos .
1)Ib salary job pay less but you will have savings because you will spend less .
2) I did Pos busness during my nysc days and I have 2 shops which is far better than most salary jobs at ib because I make more and spend less , so u will had to go into business to survive and grow big at ib
3) lastly I still had to come to Lagos because I wanna make it big in life and I can’t accomplish that at ib because of the bussness turn over in ib is low compare to Lagos but I face a lot of stress not like ib that ders peace but I make *10 of what I make in ib
4) lastly it’s mater of chioce , money or peace of mind .

7 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by jolay554(f): 9:11pm On Nov 02, 2020
Pmedia7787:

First of all

If you are looking for some kind of jobs you can do and not necessarily business... Then remain in lagos

But if you end up getting a remote job... Go to ibadan

If your main goal for now is just to look for some stuffs to get going

Either stay around the baundry of Lagos and found or go to ibadan

And the reasons are this

A 30 k job in Ibadan is equal to a 70-90 k job in lagos

The difference is what you use your money for at the end of the day

Any job costing you over 500 in transport fees in Lagos with a pay less than 60k a month is not a good job...yoare been slaved.. With no progress

Because.. You will most likely do it....without anything to show for it...the Stress involved will not make you think in the right direction

Your decision should be on how any of the location will help you reach your live goals as quick as possible.. Either in the long term or short term

This is apt, Thank you.
Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by jolay554(f): 9:14pm On Nov 02, 2020
jagaban002:
It depends on you, I serve at Ibadan and stay extra 6months after my nysc b4 moving back to Lagos .
1)Ib salary job pay less but you will have savings because you will spend less .
2) I did Pos busness during my nysc days and I have 2 shops which is far better than most salary jobs at ib because I make more and spend less , so u will had to go into business to survive and grow big at ib
3) lastly I still had to come to Lagos because I wanna make it big in life and I can’t accomplish that at ib because of the bussness turn over in ib is low compare to Lagos but I face a lot of stress not like ib that ders peace but I make *10 of what I make in ib
4) lastly it’s mater of chioce , money or peace of mind .

Hmmmmmn, Money or piece of mind �

Thank you
Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by jolay554(f): 9:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
TecM0:
Coming to Ibadan think of starting a business or learning a trade, even common POS agent earn a relatively decent living, Lagos gives that illusion of success, but the truth is bills take all you earn, in Ibadan, no matter how reckless you are, you have a good chance of saving and having financial growth

Ibadan is so stressfree cheap and easy for a business to grow, but jobs in Ibadan pay less, 25k to 40k for entry level

Noted, Thank you
Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by Mightyguy(m): 9:21pm On Nov 02, 2020
Femolacaster:
Try to learn a good skill that can make good money for you from the comfort of your room.
what are the skills?
Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by seanwilliam(m): 10:45pm On Nov 02, 2020
Ibadan is POOR for husle.. but good for living.. except u dey do online work, chances of getting 50k job in Ibadan without connect is 20%... but u go save pass person wey dey earn 80k in Lagos....

But what's the benefit of cheap lifestyle without making money..

Think well o..

I'm living in Ibadan.. so I'm telling u first hand info..

4 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by muller101(m): 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2020
Pls don't come here. Stay where you are grin
Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by vonlogon: 9:48am On Nov 03, 2020
Hi, If you are just starting off to move to Ibadan, I can give this advice because I shuttle between Oyo, Ogun and Lagos a lot. I know people who moved to Ibadan, started small and now can't stay in Lagos for one hour. Please put the following into consideration while making your decision.

1. Your self worth in relation to your current location; if you have built a good worth for your self and the curve is heading up, please stay where you are, if not you can go anywhere and start over.

2. Cost of relocation; Relocation costs money, hope you are not planning to bump into one friend or brother or uncle.

3. Personality traits; if you have a negative reaction to the hussling and bussling in Lagos, forget it and move to a quieter city.

4. Your skill set; how will you put food on your table in the immidiate period.

5. Familiarity with new environment; before moving finally, take a few days to go round Ibadan an see where will suit you the most.

And finally, have an interim plan B, you may need to undo things.

Best of God

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by jolay554(f): 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2020
vonlogon:
Hi, If you are just starting off to move to Ibadan, I can give this advice because I shuttle between Oyo, Ogun and Lagos a lot. I know people who moved to Ibadan, started small and now can't stay in Lagos for one hour. Please put the following into consideration while making your decision.

1. Your self worth in relation to your current location; if you have built a good worth for your self and the curve is heading up, please stay where you are, if not you can go anywhere and start over.

2. Cost of relocation; Relocation costs money, hope you are not planning to bump into one friend or brother or uncle.

3. Personality traits; if you have a negative reaction to the hussling and bussling in Lagos, forget it and move to a quieter city.

4. Your skill set; how will you put food on your table in the immidiate period.

5. Familiarity with new environment; before moving finally, take a few days to go round Ibadan an see where will suit you the most.

And finally, have an interim plan B, you may need to undo things.

Best of God

Thanks a lot for this

I'll find my answers �
Re: ADVICE: I Am Planning To Move Completely From Lagos To Ibadan by DisGuy: 10:37am On Nov 04, 2020
jolay554:

You had a job before?

(1) (Reply)

Can You Supply These In Commercial Quantities? / Entry Level Technician Rselt-090522 - Russel Smith Nigeria Limited / Urgent Bank Recruitment In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.