Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Disobedience Grieves The Holy Spirit. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Disobedience Grieves The Holy Spirit. (226 Views)

Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches / Onitsha Catholic Diocese Sanctions Two Priests For Disobedience / How Adeboye's Disobedience Built A Global Brand - Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Disobedience Grieves The Holy Spirit. by TheNewVine(m): 1:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
When we disobey we sin, and this sin grieves the Holy Spirit. This grieves the Holy Spirit most especially when it is a conscious disobedience.

One of the reasons why we feel unhappy most times is because we have failed to act in obedience to God.

We act in disobedience when we fail to obey God’s commandments, when we disregard our parents, spouse, boss, teachers, elder, spiritual leader, government and anyone in authority (even an elder sibling).

God doesn’t like this and He appreciates if we live in obedience to Him.

“When we act in disobedience we grieve the HOLY SPIRIT, but when we act in obedience He is pleased.”

Continue Reading Here: https://thenewvine.com/2020/11/02/disobedience-grieves-the-holy-spirit/

1 Share

Re: Disobedience Grieves The Holy Spirit. by Kobojunkie: 6:29pm On Nov 02, 2020
TheNewVine:
When we disobey we sin, and this sin grieves the Holy Spirit. This grieves the Holy Spirit most especially when it is a conscious disobedience.
One of the reasons why we feel unhappy most times is because we have failed to act in obedience to God.
We act in disobedience when we fail to obey God’s commandments, when we disregard our parents, spouse, boss, teachers, elder, spiritual leader, government and anyone in authority (even an elder sibling).
God doesn’t like this and He appreciates if we live in obedience to Him.
“When we act in disobedience we grieve the HOLY SPIRIT, but when we act in obedience He is pleased.”
Jesus Christ called His followers to have disregard for
a) their parents,spouse - family members

Matthew 10 vs 34-39
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.[h]
35. I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law.

36. Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37. “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.
38. Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me are not worthy of me.
39. Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life.

b) boss, teachers, elders, so-called spiritual leader, government e.t.c.

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
He commanded them against having anyone else but His person as their Teacher, Leader, Guide, Comforter, Helper, excetera. The only authority over the followers of Jesus Christ is God and God alone. He even commanded His followers to not put themselves in positions of assumed authority over other followers of Jesus Christ -- instead of being leaders, they are to be slaves to their brothers instead.

Matthew 20 vs 24-28 (ESV)
24. The other ten followers heard this and were angry with the two brothers.
25. So Jesus called the followers together. He said, “You know that the rulers of the non-Jewish people love to show their power over the people. And their important leaders love to use all their authority over the people.
26. But it should not be that way with you. Whoever wants to be your leader must be your servant.
27. Whoever wants to be first must serve the rest of you like a slave.
28. Do as I did: The Son of Man did not come for people to serve him. He came to serve others and to give his life to save many people.”
So are you certain you are speaking of Jesus Christ or telling a story you have heard told so many times by men who themselves know nothing of the Father, or His Son, Jesus Christ?

(1) (Reply)

The Useless And Hopeless Girl Has Become The Pillar Of The Family / Nigerian Lady Convert Masquerade To Christian(video) / This Is Slavery, Daddy Freeze And Actor Ugezu Condemned The Conversation Of The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.