Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Endsars: Oyo State Confirms Arrest Of Soldiers Who Flogged Woman, Shaved Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Endsars: Oyo State Confirms Arrest Of Soldiers Who Flogged Woman, Shaved Youths (352 Views)

Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras / Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested / EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Endsars: Oyo State Confirms Arrest Of Soldiers Who Flogged Woman, Shaved Youths by spywavenoah(m): 3:00pm On Nov 02, 2020
The commandant of the Operation Burst in Oyo, Captain Usolo, revealed that the erring officers have been arrested and are now in detention.
The military's intervention came after the commissioner for youth and sports development, Seun Fakorede, reached out to the commandant on the issue. Fakorede on his Twitter page disclosed that the unit has apologised to the families of those who were victims of such actions.

He said:

"My ears are full with news of the unlawful activities of some Soldiers of the Nigerian Army, over the weekend. "I have immediately reached out to the Commandant of the Operation Burst and I've been assured that the men involved in this distasteful operation have been arrested and taken to the barracks — they will be dealt with accordingly. This will not repeat itself again in Oyo state. "Oyo state security outfit, Operation Burst has admitted the video that went viral at the weekend in which one officer Adesina who was seen assaulting a lady at Beere, in Ibadan. The commander of the team, Captain Usolo who admitted the allegations..." Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1379961-endsars-oyo-state-confirms-arrest-soldiers-flogged-woman-shaved-youths.html

Meanwhile, the claims by Amnesty International (AI) that security officers including soldiers infringed on the rights of Nigerian youths during the EndSARS protests was on Friday, October 30, refuted by the Nigerian Police Force. The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, noted that the allegations of the AI are not true as officers displayed commendable restraints and acts of professionalism in the discharge of their duties during the rallies.

Re: Endsars: Oyo State Confirms Arrest Of Soldiers Who Flogged Woman, Shaved Youths by AlhajiNatty(m): 3:01pm On Nov 02, 2020
Dealt with accordingly?
How?
Re: Endsars: Oyo State Confirms Arrest Of Soldiers Who Flogged Woman, Shaved Youths by TossTos: 3:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
Flog and shave him too with broken bottle

Then lock him up ..

Is the high time they start knowing fully well that they are to serve and protect us .

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Oyo State Confirms Arrest Of Soldiers Who Flogged Woman, Shaved Youths by HeRulesMen: 3:03pm On Nov 02, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Endsars: Oyo State Confirms Arrest Of Soldiers Who Flogged Woman, Shaved Youths by Chapter1vs6(m): 3:08pm On Nov 02, 2020
I am not concerned about abuses that get reported through social media. I am more concerned about the human abuse and misuse of force that goes unreported or unfairly diluted by radio stations and various television outlet. Various news Media are now strangled and the social media is about to be gaggled.

When you post about the undiluted truth, the next thing you hear at your door is either the knock of theDSS or the Ni9erian police. Or you get a fine from the almighty NBCc
Re: Endsars: Oyo State Confirms Arrest Of Soldiers Who Flogged Woman, Shaved Youths by adadike(f): 3:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
It's like I will join Twitter if that will make Gov wike listen to my pleadings on Obigbo
Re: Endsars: Oyo State Confirms Arrest Of Soldiers Who Flogged Woman, Shaved Youths by lionness(f): 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2020
Bull Sh***t
Re: Endsars: Oyo State Confirms Arrest Of Soldiers Who Flogged Woman, Shaved Youths by 4ckyou: 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2020
Very good

(1) (Reply)

Newly Recruited Police Constables Laments Over Non-payment Of 6 Months Salary. / Lagos Indigenes To Gov: Terminate Alpha-beta Contract To Boost Youth Empowerment / How Travelers Were Stuck At Itobe Bridge, Kogi For Several Hours (see Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.