Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,759 members, 7,813,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government (21191 Views)

We’re All Prisoners In Poorly Governed Nigeria, Peter Obi Tells Inmates / Prisoners In Warri Prison Protest Starvation By State Government. PHOTOS / Keyamo’s Appointment Is Welcomed By Delta APC – Uduaghan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by saphiere(f): 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2020
Prisoners at the Okere Correctional Centre, Warri, Delta State, are currently protesting the starvation and lack of food they are made to go through by the state government, SaharaReporters can exclusively report.

The punishment was put in place by the management of the correctional centre after a jailbreak on October 22, 2020.
The jailbreak led to the killing of about 18 persons by security operatives guarding the prison.

Some inmates also escaped from the facility.

SaharaReporters gathered that to punish the inmates for attempting to escape, they were denied food except dry garri (cassava flake).

A source in the prison, who confirmed the situation to SaharaReporters, said the inmates are angry, adding that it could lead to another jailbreak if not swiftly addressed by the government.

"The inmates have been under lock and key and they don't get food.

"The authority is not giving them food and their families are not allowed to bring in food for them anymore.

"Inmates are presently protesting against starvation and what is currently happening might have more effect than the jailbreak that happened.

"There is a protest ongoing now as inmates are shouting for the restoration of their food ration," the source said.

The source explained that inmates are being given dry garri once in three days.

He added that inmates are suspecting embezzlement of funds by the correctional center management.

"The inmates are asking questions and they want to know if the government stopped the feeding of inmates as a result of the jailbreak or staff are embezzling money meant for their feeding," the source added.

It was further gathered that inmates waited till evening before they started the protest.

At the last jailbreak at the facility, some inmates escaped, before security operatives moved in.

Not less than 18 people were killed and 23 sustained bullet injuries.

The prison management hid the killings from the government and public and organised a mass burial for the victims.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/11/02/exclusive-prisoners-warri-prison-protest-starvation-state-government

File photo

4 Likes

Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by Jahzrockballer(m): 10:04pm On Nov 02, 2020
It's really sad seeing that Nigeria is gasping for oxygen...

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by tstx(m): 10:11pm On Nov 02, 2020
.. We blacks have never valued human lives.. and we never will.... It's like we only came to this world to kill, maim and cheat ourselves

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by Satan66(m): 10:11pm On Nov 02, 2020
You're a prisoner.
These afonjas need to understand this

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by Nazgul: 10:11pm On Nov 02, 2020
People outside the prison walls are complaining of hunger and starvation by the government despite the ability to move freely is it those caged like animals that would have surplus?

You people should manage or better still fast...things are hard undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by nkypat: 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
Which way our country
Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by Uncleodi(m): 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
End hunger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by ATEAMS: 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
Mental illness is like fighting a war where the enemy’s strategy is to convince you that the war isn’t actually happening.

3 Likes

Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by Harllaby: 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
It's only in Nigeria you see someone sentenced to jail for stealing Maggi while corrupt politicians are working freely while contesting for election.

Anyway I leave you with Asa jailer.
I have fears, you have fears too
I will die, but yourself will die too
Life is beautiful
Don't you think so too, Mr. Jailer?
I'm talking to you jailer!
Stop calling me a prisoner
Let he who is without sin be the first to cast the stone
Mr. Jailer
Mr. Jailer man
You suppress all my strategies
You oppress whoa whoa every part of me
What you don't know
You're a victim too, Mr. Jailer
Oh!
You don't care about my point of view
If I die another will work for you
So you treat me like a modern slave, Mr. Jailer

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by zeedof(m): 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
We wey dey outside self hunger they wire us despite of una wey dey indoor... may God be with una

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by ursullalinda(f): 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
We are too greedy in this country......imagine stealing from prisoners so you can drive the latest car and build mansions.......I'm tired of my country and my countrymen.

8 Likes

Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by WalkerMichael(m): 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
and this country has a president?issokayyy!!!
Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by AltMon3: 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
grin grin

Wahala everywhere for Nigeria. Na so Benue youths dey protest incessant missing of penis in the state today sef grin grin

Wahala for who him penis miss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by ILoveDemMANNA: 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
Make una give dem food chop o abeg

1 Like

Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by inoki247: 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
if dem attack the kitchen and loot dere now dem go tag them hoodlums
Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by ModestGal(f): 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2020
G
Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by Newtononline(m): 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2020
Hmm
Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by Luckytechtv: 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2020
Wonder
Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by Kingpele(m): 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2020
Very pathetic
Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by thesicilian: 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2020
Na warden wet never chop go give prisoners food?
Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by Coneheadyutes(m): 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2020
grin
Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by kambili999(f): 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2020
Its quite unfortunate. I weep for Nigeria
Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by broadman20: 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
It may surprise us that this country is crashing faster than we could ever imagine.

1 Like

Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by djbuobley69(m): 10:16pm On Nov 02, 2020
Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by younglleo: 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2020
Jahzrockballer:
It's really sad seeing that Nigeria is gasping for oxygen...
food don turn oxygen
Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by letitrainnow(m): 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2020
Please feed them
Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by younglleo: 10:19pm On Nov 02, 2020
Make #endsars hoodlum reach there release those prisoners abeg
Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by HAPPINESSSS(f): 10:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
HAPPINESS IS HERE grin

ITS GOOD THAT THEY CRIED OUT,BECAUSE THE GOVERNOR MAY NOT BE AWARE.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Prisoners In Warri Protest Starvation By Delta State Government by Owned: 10:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
Life no balance at all grin grin
Hungry kills more than bullet sad sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recuperating Governor Suntai Goes Fishing / We Didn't Sit Today, No Report Emanated From Us - Osun Tribunal Member / House Crisis: Reps Adopt Apc’s Zoning Formular

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.