Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Cross River Retirees Protest Non-payment Of Pension, Block Highway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Retirees Protest Non-payment Of Pension, Block Highway (293 Views)

Abia Retirees Protest Non-Payment Of 38 Months’ Pension / Osun Retirees Protest 15 Months Unpaid Pension / Retirees Protest In Port Harcourt, Rivers State Over Unpaid Gratuity & Pensions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Cross River Retirees Protest Non-payment Of Pension, Block Highway by AltMon3: 1:09am On Nov 03, 2020

Pensioners in Cross River State have taken to the streets to protest the non-payment of their benefits to them by the state government since 2014.

The pensioners, who were local government workers, blocked the Murtala Mohammed Highway in Calabar metropolis as they arranged chairs and sat on the two lanes of the road.

They also chanted songs and carried placards as they asked Governor Ben Ayade to pay them their pensions.

It was gathered that the pensioners were among those the state government announced to have been dead.

It was gathered that some retirees, who have not been paid since 2014, have concluded plans to drag Ayade to the National Industrial Court in Calabar.

The decision was reached after a series of protests to Ayade’s office yielded no positive result.

The pension being owed by the state government was put at over N35bn.

Pensioners in Cross River State have taken to the streets to protest the non-payment of their benefits to them by the state government since 2014.

The pensioners, who were local government workers, blocked the Murtala Mohammed Highway in Calabar metropolis as they arranged chairs and sat on the two lanes of the road.

They also chanted songs and carried placards as they asked Governor Ben Ayade to pay them their pensions.

It was gathered that the pensioners were among those the state government announced to have been dead.

It was gathered that some retirees, who have not been paid since 2014, have concluded plans to drag Ayade to the National Industrial Court in Calabar.

The decision was reached after a series of protests to Ayade’s office yielded no positive result.

The pension being owed by the state government was put at over N35bn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qM7X_8ucGA

http://saharareporters.com/2020/11/02/cross-river-retirees-protest-non-payment-pension-block-highway

lalasticlala mynd44 seun

Re: Cross River Retirees Protest Non-payment Of Pension, Block Highway by MickzyDonald: 1:54am On Nov 03, 2020
May God bless them....
Imagine working for 30 good years and you are not paid for the job you've so much contributed to... Nigeria needs a TURNAROUND CHANGE ಠ︵ಠ
Re: Cross River Retirees Protest Non-payment Of Pension, Block Highway by Nobody: 4:45am On Nov 03, 2020
Retirement is one of the scariest things that every Nigerian Civil servant faces, it's unpredictable.

Anyways,I don't give a shit about none of that, I'm chilling out this night bombing, To don't take weed or Loud, neither Arizona but my niggarz for here no carry am play,I dey in a high note with Heneiken and Small Stout, playing Erigga Ft Slizzy__Dem Say and Erigga Ft Youngsix__More Cash Out.

For those when go quote me f*ck y'all,if you don't over price anything you sell or extort from anyone in anyway at all throw the first stone.
I said what I said brooaaa,shout out to @Slawoimir and @AfvckingAlpha
Re: Cross River Retirees Protest Non-payment Of Pension, Block Highway by Mynd44: 6:12am On Nov 03, 2020

(1)

#Endsars Protests: How Anthony Unuode Gave His Life For A Better Nigeria / Major Erosion Control Projects To Commence Soon In Gombe / Zamfara Gold Mining Ressurected Clamour For Resource Control By Oil-pro... State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.