Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,058 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! (65647 Views)

Why Are Married Men Quiet And Condone Rubbish In Their Homes? / How To Make It The Most Peaceful Home On Earth; A Must Read. / My Wife's Family Has Ruined My Home And My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by EggSauce(m): 6:20pm On Nov 03, 2020
S
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Vitamin17(m): 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2020
grin grin
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Perfecttouch(m): 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2020
Ok
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by realstars: 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2020
Good
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Happyguy201: 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2020
MY BROTHER GOD JUST DEY BLESS YOU WITH ABUNDANT MEAL AND SEA FOOD YET YOU ACT LIKE YOU DONT WANT IT . THIS MEAT EACH GOES FOR 4 TO 5K FOR MARKET AND I CAN TELL YOU IT HAS ENOUGH PROTEIN AND TASTE GOOD

2 Likes

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by kingsavage: 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2020
Spits
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2020
Una go just dey chop anything wey una see, please op tell me say you no chop that thing, na so covid and them them dey take start, abeg oh. embarassedembarassed, plus op snake go soon start dey visit you better go meet all these people wey sabi on top this matter unless one day you and rock python go dey do denge pose for inside your bedroom.
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by blowjohn(m): 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2020
wizzie001:
Lest i forget, i once read a post here on nairaland about watermelon farming, i decided to experiment with just a few. It came out so well, but you know what Squirrels destroyed all the fruits. I'm battling with their battalion too, i guess its due to the fact that my house is just by the stream.

They always find their way in climbing the fence despite the barb-wire!! embarassed

I'm going to need some tips on how to stop this invasion, please help a brother....

God forbid we see snake in this compound, my wife will run away for good ;DShe detest snakes more than anything!!

Lalasticlala, help out!!

Guy squirrels?
See better meat oo
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Clemzy16(m): 6:25pm On Nov 03, 2020
Ehn Op common monitor lizard you will not allow somebody to hear word again, what about me that normally encounter alligator, did i come and post it..

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:25pm On Nov 03, 2020
wizzie001:
I live in quite a quiet neighbourhood, my house sits on a 2plot of land built beside a small stream. One side of the expanse land house our building while we planted grass on the other for recreation and other social purpose.

Now, despite mowing the lawn from time to time, we find it surprising how lizards have decided to make it an avenue for their rendezvous, you see hundreds of lizards running when someone aprroach the lawn. The funny thing is, you hardly see them when we are around, but the moment we return back home and the gate is opened, you see these reptiles flying around aiming for the exit.

So today, i retire home early, due to our FASTING which we just started at Redeemed church to pray for Nigeria, i wanted to save energy to pray and probably catch some program on Dove Tv, as i opened the small gate, i saw something un-usual move by the extreme side of the lawn. Ordinarily, i would have ignored while i drive in. Surprisingly, i found myself picking up a spade just by the security post, and started running after it, lo and behold it was an average MONITOR LIZARD. After dribbling me for sometime, i finally sent it to the land of the unknown.

I sent the photos to my wife, and told her i planned giving it to the security guy since i cannot eat it, she called in immediately telling me how someone told her how rich in protein it is and very expensive in the market due to the value. She concluded by saying she 'd like to taste it for the first time.

Since i couldnt touch it, i called in some guy to come do justice to it. Enjoy the images below!!

This your fasting sha grin

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by brownbib(m): 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2020
Candidly speaking, never can try it! Except it's ingredients are richer than Jeff himself!
Nice piece �� Tho!

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Warlord2014(m): 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2020
A wonderful meat...there is nothing disgusting there my brother.
Don't get too used to fowl, goat and cow.
God has given us different types of meat in abundant.

4 Likes

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by southsouthking(m): 6:28pm On Nov 03, 2020
wizzie001:
Lest i forget, i once read a post here on nairaland about watermelon farming, i decided to experiment with just a few. It came out so well, but you know what Squirrels destroyed all the fruits. I'm battling with their battalion too, i guess its due to the fact that my house is just by the stream.

They always find their way in climbing the fence despite the barb-wire!! embarassed

I'm going to need some tips on how to stop this invasion, please help a brother....

God forbid we see snake in this compound, my wife will run away for good ;DShe detest snakes more than anything!!

Lalasticlala, help out!!

OP get a ringing bell, tie a string to the end attached to a hang wood and leave it dangling from little breeze.
Thank me later.

3 Likes

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by realstars: 6:29pm On Nov 03, 2020
wizzie001:

Lalasticlala, help out!!
Local Trap Is Okey For Them.
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by sammirano: 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2020
samwash:
@op, you will always experience this sort of things because you house is very close to the stream. Believe me you may one day encounter big snake like phyton.
What you have to do is to go to were they sell Agro chemicals, explain to them, they will give you chemicals that drive snakes & reptile.

Op pls dont listen to this advise. These are the people destroying nature and damaging the environment. Apart from the fact that the creatures are fascinating, there are other uses for them. don't poison your environment by pouring one useless chemicals that have longed being abandoned by civilized people.

2 Likes

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Iseoluwani: 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2020
wizzie001:

Lalasticlala, help out!!

get traps. either the one that kills instantly or the one that just cage them. u can take them or sell them. their money go good buy fuel for gen or meat for pot

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by ambient: 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2020
Buy a dog!! It will chase away everything.

7 Likes

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Stevyne: 6:33pm On Nov 03, 2020
southsouthking:

OP get a ringing bell, tie a string to the end attached to a hang wood and leave it dangling from little breeze.
Thank me later.
Trap

Lol

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by geokay777(m): 6:33pm On Nov 03, 2020
Freestainworld:
Every monitoring lizard, monitoring your life shall be sent to the land of the unknown, and be eaten like this one, op say Amen.
This one na innocent looking, baby monitorin lizard nau?
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by uncleck: 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2020
wizzie001:

This has always been my fear sincerely, i've made an effort blocking every avenue through which they could come in, i always feel the lizards and squirrels climbs the fence, but does monitor lizard climb fence too?

Thank you, i will ask around for the chemical
After blocking all entrances and holes, save up and do screeding round your fence. Unplastered fence or fence with texcot(if that is the spelling) paint are easy for reptiles to climb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Asquare84(m): 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2020
See pepper soup
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by capt20gen20: 6:37pm On Nov 03, 2020
A dog can help with the reptiles, I have two and believe me no snake or reptile will dare enter my compound especially at night when I let them loose. Also I live near a stream. I also use electric fencing perimeter, it has electrocuted a couple of squirrels in the past.

I am yet to see snakes anyway, but I planned for them, my fence is high and the foundation deep, I also screded the walls to make it smooth, so no grip for anything to climb. lastly I ensure I caught the grasses and trees behind my fence regularly

Good luck

6 Likes

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by englois: 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
Asides the barb wire, retouch the top of your fence with cement and add plenty broken bottles. It will scathe any trespassing animal and discourage them from entering

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by sylve11: 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
samwash:
Believe me you may one day encounter big snake like phyton.

na truth you just talk so. cool
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Freestainworld(m): 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2020
grin monitoring is monitoring
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by lastempero: 6:44pm On Nov 03, 2020
Pearly255:
Scary shitt

Must y’all eat everything, we gonna run out of animals in this country.

What happen to having them as pet or returning them into forest.

We can't run out of animals as long as our politicians keep procreating.

1 Like

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Chirowman(m): 6:45pm On Nov 03, 2020
See better food , I ate this very well .
Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by oz4real83(m): 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2020
wizzie001:

Lalasticlala, help out!!
use a scarecrow, it has been an effective method for other plants for age long and I believe it will also be effective for a watermelon farm

2 Likes

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by smile11s(m): 6:50pm On Nov 03, 2020
When I see squirrels here in America roaming around the streets confidently, I just say they are lucky because in Nigeria they would have ended in a pot like this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! by Midadeola(f): 6:52pm On Nov 03, 2020
wizzie001:

Lalasticlala, help out!!
grin Lol @run away for good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. / Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / Nigerian Soldier And Her Naval Officer Husband In Loved Up Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.