Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,250 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! (9572 Views)

We’ll Soon Expose Jonathan’s Loots -buhari / 'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / Explosive Interview!!! Ekwueme Lambast Pdp,afraid Of Gej's Chances!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by PapaBrowne(m): 10:00pm On Mar 13, 2011
[size=13pt]Pastor Adeboye told me to run with Buhari[/size]

Vows to 'open up on Ribadu soon'

FIERY Lagos State-based cleric and Vice- Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Pastor Babatunde “Sindiku” Bakare yesterday disclosed that he secured the approval of one of his spiritual fathers, the respected Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, before throwing his hat into the political ring.

Pastor Bakare also gave indications that he was not convinced of the anti-corruption credentials of one of his former allies, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, who is the presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (CAN).

Bakare, the Serving Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly (LRA), told a group of journalists that he would “open up” on Ribadu sometime soon.

Recently, incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan, who is the candidate of the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP), visited Pastor Adeboye’s camp on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway and received the blessings of the General Overseer of the fast-growing Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), in a much-publicised photograph showing the president kneeling for prayers before the Man of God.

But Bakare, who at various times was a prominent cleric of Pastor William Kumuyi’s Deeper Christian Life Assembly and the RCCG, before founding the LRA, disclosed that Adeboye encouraged him to run with Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

The fiery cleric, who said that he was reluctant to run for political office, explained that he was ambushed by prominent people, including Pastor Adeboye, after Gen. Buhari had made overtures to him to be running mate.

He spoke in Lagos yesterday while explaining his vision and mission for Nigerians to a group of journalists.

The CPC Vice Presidential candidate said that when he first told Pastor Adeboye of Buhari’s offer during a telephone call, the reaction he got was favourable.

His words “Pastor Adeboye surprised me. I thought he would say ‘no way!’ He asked who among the lot I thought could rescue Nigeria and I told him Gen.Muhammadu Buhari. I noted that Buhari he has no money and no network to come to the South, coupled with other things they had hung on his neck. Pastor Adeboye said, ‘if you are ever considering Gen. Buhari, then you need a strong Christian to be his running mate.’ But when I called Pastor Adeboye back, he said since you did not lobby for this thing, it is an opportunity for you to express the burden you carry for this nation, go forward. And I asked: ‘Sir, will you support me?’ And he said, ‘with everything I got in my own way. Just go for it, I will be praying.”

Bakare said that he had earlier suggested the names of former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory , (FCT), Mallam Nazir el Rufai and former governor of Cross River State, Mr. Donald Duke, to run as president and vice- presidential candidates respectively. But he said Duke declined the offer immediately for some personal reasons.”

He continued: “We were now left with el Rufai who advised that we pick Nuhu Ribadu. I told him immediately that we rejected Nuhu Ribadu for reasons that were known to us at that point in time. You will be doing so many things and come to explain so many things. We decided to pair el-Rufai with Oby Ezekwesili. There are some things I know, that when the time permits, I will expose them.”

Bakare said that el-Rufai, however, declined to run because he would be seen as engaged in a contest with Ribadu.

The cleric said that he queried the presidential aspiration of Ribadu from the very beginning. Recalling a forum of the Save Nigeria Group (SNG) in the United Kingdom where Ribadu announced interest in the president’s seat, Bakare said his reaction was one of bewilderment.

His words: ‘You want to rule Nigeria? Who will be your subjects?’ I asked him. And he drove me to my hotel room that day and we spent two hours in his car. I began to lay the things before him that were wrong.”

Apparently questioning Ribadu’s anti-graft credential, Bakare said: “And all this anti-corruption ‘Czar’?
We have stories that we can tell, but we will keep quiet now until the appropriate time.”

He continued: “I had thought that my job was to raise the standard of God’s consciousness in our nation and to ensure that righteousness exalts this nation by way of preaching it, leaving the fear of God in the minds of people and much more modeling it. I have been harassed myself by military dictators and their civilian counterparts in mufti. But I never thought that I would do this. The last time I marched on the streets was in 1978, until January 2010 and that was in the days of ‘Ali Must Go’. And all that happened then was over the increase in meal ticket from N30 to N90. That was killing those days, not now that the naira can hardly buy anything. When I left school, I thought marching on the streets had ended until the crisis that almost took Nigeria to precipice.

Disclosing why he decided to join politics, Bakare said: “On 3rd of May, 2010 during one of our meetings, one of my friends raised a pertinent question, that; ‘are we raising responsible people to vote for irresponsible people?’ That word struck me like thunderbolt. That was the turning point for me”.

He continued: We engaged the political leaders on what should be the minimum requirement for our political office holders. I met with former Vice President Atiku Abubakar twice and we also met with President Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikiwe who I call JEGA 2. We gave him some documents and some of these documents were passed on to some religious leaders like Pastor Adeboye. (The documents detail) why we would not support Jonathan. We listed three or four things; that the culture of impunity that we fought for had returned”.

Bakare contended that those who hold the view that he lacked political weight should note others did not build their political structures in one day either.

The fiery preacher noted that for much of his adult life, he had been shouting on the rooftop on the need for an improvement in the lot of Nigerians, adding that the failure to heed his call that led him into politics.

His words: “During the last one man, one vote rally at Onikan, I was there with all my children. One man said that I was taking a great risk, and I asked if those people they were mobilising to come out during protests were not born by someone. The zeal for good governance and egalitarian society has consumed me, I am ready to swim or sink with the Nigerian project.”

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2148:pastor-adeboye-told-me-to-run-with-buhari&catid=308:headlines&Itemid=600
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by mbulela: 10:26pm On Mar 13, 2011
i still cannot understand why all these men cannot come together and root out the inept folks called PDP?
if they truly have the interest of this nation at heart, they would forgo all these minute differences and fall in line behind one of theirs and fight this election.
all these mushroom candidacies are dead on arrival.
if we miss this chance in 2011,we may never recover as a nation.
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 13, 2011
Everybody has secret to expose. . . . finding out which one is true/legit is the hard part.

I, unfortunately, dont see the diff in Buhari/GEJ so far, expect GEJ is more spineless.
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by mbulela: 10:53pm On Mar 13, 2011
^^^^
It is the spine that we need most now.
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by wesley80(m): 11:27pm On Mar 13, 2011
^^^ What u see in Buhari isnt spine but Pride. The exact type that everyone that think themselves better than all others has, the exact type that makes him think Ngrns r animals that should be whipped into conformity, the exact type that will get Ngr nowhere.
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by Udevex: 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2011
Bakare is really desperate. After reading the tea leaves, he can see that his political gambling is costing him dearly. The way out? . . .Stab Ribadu in the back; his aspiration is one of the biggest cogs to a CPC / ACN pact. LOL!

"Religious" men and treachery! Na wa! embarassed
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by koruji(m): 3:28am On Mar 14, 2011
This is not fair. If Pastor Bakare has "real stories" about Ribadu Nigerians need to know RIGHT NOW, not at some unspecified time in the future.

It is disappointing to hear someone who calls it as it is against the government of the day say he will keep "quiet". Why?

Pastor Bakare should either spill the beans, if there are any to spill, rather than engage in subterfuge!!!

Apparently questioning Ribadu’s anti-graft credential, Bakare said: “And all this anti-corruption ‘Czar’? We have stories that we can tell, but we will keep quiet now until the appropriate time.”
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by EMANY01(m): 3:55am On Mar 14, 2011
If he has something to say about Ribadu he should say it now or he should STFU holding on to an accusation like that without really making it is being clever by a quarter.He leaves himself open to charges of politics by mudslinging:if you ask me though he's waist deep in mud ,slinging it GEJ S' way.
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by seanet02: 6:08am On Mar 14, 2011
Nonsensical Reasoning. What accusation did this cash and carry pastor have to levelled against Ribadu? After all he said about the undemocratic tendencies of buhari he still went ahead to ate his vomit. You better don's let me start spilling the beans.
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 14, 2011
bb 2011 all the way, i believe in tunde bakare 100%
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by Jarus(m): 8:31am On Mar 14, 2011
Tunde Bakare should not have mentioned this at this point. This may further kill the ACN/CPC alliance. This statement is an electoral liability to the BB dream.
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by ekubear1: 8:37am On Mar 14, 2011
^-- Agreed. Not the most strategically sound move on his part. He made another blunder earlier as well.

Overall, opposition must be careful how it discusses other opposition parties. Sort of got a bigger fish to fry.
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by seanet02: 8:40am On Mar 14, 2011
chuks01:

bb 2011 all the way, i believe in tunde bakare 100%
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by onyengbu: 8:46am On Mar 14, 2011
I thought he once accused Adeboye of being an occult man.
Now the man has forgiven him and he is looking for someone else to accuse again.
He should know dat ribadu might not forgive him afterwards.
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by Udevex: 8:52am On Mar 14, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

I thought he once accused Adeboye of being an occult man.
Now the man has forgiven him and he is looking for someone else to accuse again.
He should know dat ribadu might not forgive him afterwards.

The guy is just an expert name dropper whose stories change with every passing minute. Yesterday, he was calling Adeboye ugly names (as usual, "God" told him to do so), but today he is using Adeboye's name, because he thinks it will help his cause. He is a disonest person.
When Adeboye was interviewed on CNN, he clearly spoke against "men of God" going into politics.
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by Gbawe: 9:13am On Mar 14, 2011
Jarus:

Tunde Bakare should not have mentioned this at this point. This may further kill the ACN/CPC alliance. This statement is an electoral liability to the BB dream.

Indeed. Tunde Bakare , everyday , behaves more like a sanctimonious and totally naive rabble-rouser of the "na-only-me-sabi" variety. He is off-putting to those of us who automatically see the big picture (the need to get rid of the PDP) in supporting Buhari by default . One begins to wonder if a fanatical will to arrogantly proclaim themselves as better than everyone else will not be a serious problem if Buhari wins . The way Bakare talks in a ridiculously pious holier-than-thou manner is naive to say the least . He used the VP debate to only talk about "only buhari can do it" and "only Buhari has the will" . What an insult to the many competent Nigerians who are also qualified to move Nigeria forward !!!

Is this fantically intolerant zeal , entirely disrespectful of others who have "paid their dues", what we are to expect from a BB Government ? We dont know Bakare beyond the pulpit yet he is quick to attempt to take Ribadu on when the man's public record of service to his nation is there for all to see !!! Will a BB Government create their own Senate if they win? Will they not need Ribadu if we see a run-off situation? All that needs to happen is for Ribadu to return 'fire with fire' and then all gloves will be off between the ACN and the CPC thus damaging the chance to bounce the PDP out of power . with how bakare talks I am inclined to believe it is Buhari and the CPC's failure to compromise that led to the break down of alliance talk . Let Bakare keep up the sanctimonious and distasteful attack against everyone . Afterall , him and Buhari can lead Nigeria on their own. They are the only two capable Nigerians out of over 150 million folks !!! Nonsense !!!!
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by wesley80(m): 9:15am On Mar 14, 2011
^^^ grin grin grin
Reality check huh?
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by Udevex: 9:23am On Mar 14, 2011
^
lol!
After he has abused the hell out of everybody. grin grin grin
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by hercules07: 9:28am On Mar 14, 2011
I noticed that the interview was carried by Compass Newspaper owned by OGD? Something is not right somewhere.
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by ekubear1: 9:35am On Mar 14, 2011
hercules07:

I noticed that the interview was carried by Compass Newspaper owned by OGD? Something is not right somewhere.

Good point, actually. Have any other major newspapers carried this story? Very easy to imagine Compass taking a quote out of context.
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by ifeci: 9:38am On Mar 14, 2011

Chatap!! If something is not right somewhere, its inside Bakare's head! In 2006, he classified Buhari as old and decaying, today he is telling us that it is only Buhari. he also called Adeboye names some time ago, now he tells us Adeboye told him to contest, we r still waiting for Oyedepo's version of the support. he is now stabbin Ribadu at the back. why does he keep vomiting and going back to the vomit? this is not the type leadership we want
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by tjskii(f): 11:33am On Mar 14, 2011
abeg make bakare go sit inside dustbin joor,nonsense
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by hbrednic: 11:50am On Mar 14, 2011
Gbawe:

Indeed. Tunde Bakare , everyday , behaves more like a sanctimonious and totally naive rabble-rouser of the "na-only-me-sabi" variety. He is off-putting to those of us who automatically see the big picture (the need to get rid of the PDP) in supporting Buhari by default . One begins to wonder if a fanatical will to arrogantly proclaim themselves as better than everyone else will not be a serious problem if Buhari wins . The way Bakare talks in a ridiculously pious holier-than-thou manner is naive to say the least . He used the VP debate to only talk about "only buhari can do it" and "only Buhari has the will" . What an insult to the many competent Nigerians who are also qualified to move Nigeria forward !!!

Is this fantically intolerant zeal , entirely disrespectful of others who have "paid their dues", what we are to expect from a BB Government ? We dont know Bakare beyond the pulpit yet he is quick to attempt to take Ribadu on when the man's public record of service to his nation is there for all to see !!! Will a BB Government create their own Senate if they win? Will they not need Ribadu if we see a run-off situation? All that needs to happen is for Ribadu to return 'fire with fire' and then all gloves will be off between the ACN and the CPC thus damaging the chance to bounce the PDP out of power . with how bakare talks I am inclined to believe it is Buhari and the CPC's failure to compromise that led to the break down of alliance talk . Let Bakare keep up the sanctimonious and distasteful attack against everyone . Afterall , him and Buhari can lead Nigeria on their own. They are the only two capable Nigerians out of over 150 million folks !!! Nonsense !!!!
Soul searching mode,nice post
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2011
I, unfortunately, dont see the diff in Buhari/GEJ so far, expect GEJ is more spineless.

The Last time I checked Buhari had no spine---- Idiagbon was the spine of their government---- It had to take his absence from the scene of government for IBB and his boys to overthrow Buhari
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by Gbawe: 12:11pm On Mar 14, 2011
U de vex?:

^
lol!
After he has abused the hell out of everybody. grin grin grin

Abeg sharrap and get out of Nairaland . Were you not banned as "Beaf" ? What are you doing here with this new username? Do you have no shame ? Clearly , since you were banned  , we all know you are not wanted here. What kind of individual goes where he is not wanted ? Abeg show some pride for once and clear off .
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by Udevex: 12:14pm On Mar 14, 2011
Gbawe:

Abeg sharrap and get out of Nairaland . Where you not banned as "Beaf" ? What are you doing here with this new username? Do you have no shame ? Clearly , since you were banned , we all know you are not wanted here. What kind of individual goes where he is not wanted ? Abeg show some pride for once and clear off .

Lol! Cry buckets na! I'm here, what can you do? Maybe throw all sorts of abuse as usual?
This is actually very funny, "wanted," in a place where I can't even see other people, dude don't take NL too far.
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by dhensity: 12:19pm On Mar 14, 2011
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by MzGreat(f): 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2011
he should better not allow Tinubu to descend on him
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by Gbawe: 12:26pm On Mar 14, 2011
wesley80:

^^^ grin grin grin
Reality check huh?

Buddy , not everyone is like you ("it must be GEJ"wink or some rabid fans of Buhari ( "only Buhari is acceptable"wink . Some of us because , above everything else , we only want a Nations that works well for everyone , know that what is most important is for Nigeria to gain a President with the genuine Political will to do what is best for Nigeria matched with good vision and sincerity of purpose . With that reasoning , Ribadu can easily be replaced with Fashola , Donald Duke et al . Some of you are totally devoted to individuals rather than to the concept of competent leadership .
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by IDERAWOLE(m): 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2011
@WESLEY; I've always mention it that those who are afraid of Buhari are any of the following:

1. A CROOK IN WHATEVER UNIFORM

2. A THIEF YET TO BE CAUGHT

3. THE LAWLESS OF OUR SOCIETY WHO WOULD RATHER DOCTOR BOOKS IN THE NAME OF NAIJA NAI WE DEY

4. A POLITICIAN OR A RELATION OF ONE THAT KNOWS THAT THEY'VE BEEN PILFERING GOVT MONEY AND ARE AFRAID OF BEING CAUGHT.

5. A POLITICAL ASPIRANT WHOSE MOTIVE OF COMING INTO WHATEVER OFFICE IS TO LOOT AND BUHARI'S REGIME WILL BE A BAD GAME.

6. A CROOKED MIND FROM THE WOMB FULL-STOP.
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2011
Everyday i become more disappointed with cash and carry journalists especially those working in compass and the sun, the way they twist and spin out their stories is irritating to say the least
Re: Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! by Pharoh: 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2011
Gbawe:
Some of you are totally devoted to individuals rather than to the concept of competent leadership .

Everyone is devoted to competent leadership in which the definition is subjective so to each with his or her own choice hence the reason why the electorate is divided between the three present candidates. You can only support competent candidates that do have realistic chance of winning and utomi does not have that at the moment so he is out of the drawing board. We all have to pick among goodluck, buhari or ribadu, everyone has made their choice so let us respect that and hope for a better nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mass For Dim Ojukwu Recorded Live @ Westminster Cathedral London / Tinubu, Fashola, Alpha Beta And The Taxation Rape Of Lagos / Rustico, Ambassador Of Italy Visits Osinbajo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.