Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil (32647 Views)

FG In Talks With World Bank For Fresh $1.5 Billion Loan / Buhari Seeks Fresh $5.513bn Loan, Writes House Of Representatives / Senate Alleges Fresh $1.15bn Illegal Withdrawals From NLNG Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by xxxXXXxxx: 9:16am On Nov 04, 2020
I could remember sometime ago,Nigeria used to be described as a developing nation alongside the likes of Brazil,China etc. Now the country is seeking loans from these countries.

Which way Nigeria? Why have the so called leaders made the country so regressive. A country with enormous unharnessed potential

A situation like this shows the level of underdevelopement and retrogression,whereas these lending countries have become developed economies,or at least tending towards that.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by ivolt: 9:19am On Nov 04, 2020
One of the dumbest ministers in this administration. Why would they borrow money to buy land for food production?
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Ahmback(m): 9:21am On Nov 04, 2020
Wahala for who no know say Nigeria don cast
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by ladychioma: 9:25am On Nov 04, 2020
Another loan from Brazil. Whosever in charge of this Country does not mean well for Nigeria.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by DedeNkem: 9:26am On Nov 04, 2020
I am yet to see from this corrupt and incompetent government state it's plan to pay back these loans!

No plans to pay back!
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by wink2015(m): 9:36am On Nov 04, 2020
NIGERIA IS NOT WORKING !

Why still borrow to fix a lopsided federation.

Let states find money themselves to run their own government forget this ONE NIGERIA ARRANGEMENT.

Let the north face agriculture and run their own government.

A CO-FEDERAL STRUCTURE OR FULL INDEPENDENCE IS THE WAY FORWARD.

WE CAN NOT CONTINUE TO BORROW MONEY TO CLEAN THE BODY OF A PIG.

NIGERIA IS A PIG AND IT WILL CONTINUE TO RUB HIS BODY IN THE SLUMMY MUD.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Vabasi(m): 9:56am On Nov 04, 2020
By their fruits you shall know them. It is very obvious that the present government want to borrow enough to be looted before 2023 and the resultant effect will plunge the economy into the state of high debt profile. This harm to the masses is premeditated by this heathens.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by God2man2again(m): 9:56am On Nov 04, 2020
This is not true.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by LordOfTheGame: 9:57am On Nov 04, 2020
I tell you this, the buhari administration and his northern co-criminals have a grand plan of locking us up together with debt. Don't be deceived, they know what they're doing and it's a strategy to trap us all in debt so that the countries we have borrowed from will never support any form of disintegration of Nigeria because their money will be at stake. So, buhari and the cabals borrow and borrow more money then loot and stock it up in the North and put the rest of us in perpetual debt. This is just the plan.

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by omobaba1759: 9:58am On Nov 04, 2020
Please What's the job of a finance minister? Cause I don't understand the job she's doing, every time borrow, borrow, borrow, despite the increase in VAT ,Unneccessary charges for every transaction and different taxes i can't even mention
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by goldfish27(m): 9:58am On Nov 04, 2020
the time have come for we Nigerians to make things right for our unborn generations. i will suggest we write to the Government of Brazil not to give Nigeria govt any loan

Officialhorlah:

https://punchng.com/fg-seeks-fresh-1-2bn-loan-from-brazil/
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Zetty177x: 9:59am On Nov 04, 2020
Gerrard59:

As usual, braggadocio from Nigerians towards a country with a trillion dollar economy and one that surpassed the UK to be the 7th largest economy in the world. If Brazil can lend Nigeria 1.2BN dollars, what does that tell you? Brazil is richer than Nigeria. The earlier Nigerians know that their country is poor, the better.

Ignorant, proud yet poor describes when a Nigerian says the bold about Brazil. Please do some research about Brazil and her economy.

Granted. Thank u for letting me know Brazil is rich. But is good to

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Zetty177x: 9:59am On Nov 04, 2020
Gerrard59:

As usual, braggadocio from Nigerians towards a country with a trillion dollar economy and one that surpassed the UK to be the 7th largest economy in the world. If Brazil can lend Nigeria 1.2BN dollars, what does that tell you? Brazil is richer than Nigeria. The earlier Nigerians know that their country is poor, the better.

Ignorant, proud yet poor describes when a Nigerian says the bold about Brazil. Please do some research about Brazil and her economy.

Granted. Thank u for letting me know Brazil is rich. But is it good to borrow from them?

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by TruthinAction: 10:15am On Nov 04, 2020
I think we should start another protest - #stopborrowingourfuture #accountfirstforborrowedmoney
#accountforrecoveredloot

This present set of leaders are thieves. They will borrow, enjoy the money and make us to pay for it through fuel increase and VAT.

Let's all with one voice say no to this impunity.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Intrepid01(m): 10:24am On Nov 04, 2020
OMG! Nigeria to borrow money from Brazil? I hope we won’t have to borrow money from South Africa soon...these guys are bunch of jokers!
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Chimasoka: 10:25am On Nov 04, 2020
Breaking; Bokoharam Leader Shekau Abubakar Set to Attack The Man In Also Rock As He Confirms He Is Yusuf Abubakar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PlHjg8PaXE
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Efefiomk86: 10:29am On Nov 04, 2020
God please forgive us for pushing rubbish to you as leaders ,safe our unborn generation from this mess call country amen.. dnt allow them to sell us in the name of loan amen.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Kinikini: 10:38am On Nov 04, 2020
The Finance Minister and the CBN Governor should be sacked. Borrowing money to pay over bloated salaries and allowances to politicians. It's senseless.

uote author=Officialhorlah post=95659521]
https://punchng.com/fg-seeks-fresh-1-2bn-loan-from-brazil/[/quote]
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Gerrard59(m): 10:59am On Nov 04, 2020
Zetty177x:

Granted. Thank u for letting me know Brazil is rich. But is it good to borrow from them?

My post is on accusing Brazil of being poor not whether it's right to borrow from her. Two different things.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by 2016v2017: 11:43am On Nov 04, 2020
poshestmina:
Such a shameless government!!!

All the loans borrowed so far has done no single good for the common Nigerian ,rather getting worse.

I won't be surprised if they borrow from Benin Republic and Kenya just to fill their pockets and generations yet unborn!

The only good news about this government is collecting loans!. From every country and Everytime ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

Such a shame!!
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by 2016v2017: 11:46am On Nov 04, 2020
thatsleepboy1:
The most painful part of the whole thing is that the money borrowed will be given to their northern brothers and the rest will be looted and the rest of the country will pay for it. OH God of mercy kindly save us someday.
na dem and our Yoruba brothers go pay am in future

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by 2016v2017: 11:49am On Nov 04, 2020
Kolisky:
Kai!!!

How sure are we that Nigeria will not be sold later in the future?

This country has entered it.... It's truly CHANGE
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Deemayor: 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2020
What is wrong with this government?
I swear e no go better for Buhari.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Gval123: 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2020
Brazil? Abeg all these money way them day borrow, watin them day use am do? just to share?
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2020
the stealing continues, very soon a dollar will go for 1000 naira
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 04, 2020
Deemayor:
What is wrong with this government? I swear e no go better for Buhari.
swearing won't do him anything, we re the ones who things nogo better for.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Temptee101(m): 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2020
amaham:
Brazil Kwa? Like our borrowing limit from China has exceeded, time to port to Brazil.
grin

This country was gone before 1960 but now buried under bubu.

This must be a joke.

We still dey borrow from even poor Brazil.

This is madness, absolute madness.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by iretinyeee(f): 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2020
Loan again ? God ooooo save us from wahala. Soon Nigeria will borrow from Togo.
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by frog12: 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2020
BORROW BORROW government!
Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by stormborn28(m): 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2020
YouAreFinished:

You see,even you realise how ipob could be diabolical sad

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by IboWolf: 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2020
Just sell the country. Brazil? Really?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kaduna In Lock Down, As El-zakzaky Appears In Court (Photos) / President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) / PDP Supporters In Edo Sit On Floor & Block Roads As They Protest Over Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.