Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. (60486 Views)

Niger Delta Congress To IPOB: ‘No Secessionist Group Can Annex Us’ / Biography Of Oye Owolewa, US Congressman Elect / Atiku Meets With Representatives Of Nigerians In Washington D.C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by afroxyz: 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2020
Nazgul:
He's an Igbo man just that he said in his journal that he decided to change his name to yourba in order to honour the victims of the lekki massacre on yourba soil. grin

You guys are comedians aswear

2 Likes

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by AmazingELixir: 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2020
grin grin grin

Afonja Amaka if true.....don't trust any news coming from the evil broom wielding party.
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by 99thEnemy(m): 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2020
IGBO AMAKA people will not send cause na ODUDUWA person grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by MusaChukwudi: 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2020
Ihatemumu:
Back home Nigerians still thinking like
"I can not vote for Mr X cause he is (Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa)"

Tribalism has destroyed Nigeria

Tribalism, a favourite word of the Igbos.

Nobody except the igbos complain of tribalism, why?

2 Likes

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by afroxyz: 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2020
See as APC rush to congratulate am. Animals
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by afroxyz: 12:15pm On Nov 04, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

Tribalism, a favourite word of the Igbos.

Nobody except the igbos complain of tribalism, why?

How much have you earned today for your slander? Is it enough to get you a new iPhone?

1 Like

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by saajus: 12:16pm On Nov 04, 2020
...Voted in as a shadow Representative. I said that not to undermine his hard work but just to let people understand his position and role. You can google more about Shadow Representative. The position is very historic.

2 Likes

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by naijadrivablog: 12:17pm On Nov 04, 2020
Kwara don claim am. If Nigeria good, e for no japa..

1 Like

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Elsueno: 12:17pm On Nov 04, 2020
Opexzy:
Congratulations man. The irony of this country: it easier to make it overseas than at home. One day this narrative is gonna change. I believe!

God bless Nigeria

Na corruption dey worry us for this country, Just imagine, a while back I applied for schoolarship PTDF in Nigeria, I wasn't even shortlisted. But Applied abroad and got in easily. I even use same documents and presentation.lol.

1 Like

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by SkyyLord(m): 12:17pm On Nov 04, 2020
Why is APC shearing the news via their official account? This young man should just distance himself from that evil group and any Political affiliation in Nigeria if he doesn't want to commit political suicide.
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by mountmoriah(m): 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Great chap
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by mightyhazel: 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2020
99thEnemy:
This is low self esteem.. Must igbos validate you before u are assured you are not doing badly

3 Likes

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Zinpat: 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2020
Bravo! Big congrats
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by tot(f): 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2020
Congrats man. His family must be so proud of him.

Meanwhile in Nigeria it is incompetent people that fill up the whole place.
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Elvis2kay: 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2020
Nothing good come from Hausa/Fulani only southern Nigerians makes Nigerians shine.
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Bimpe29: 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2020
Congratulations Omoluabi!
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by victorazyvictor(m): 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2020
ImDStar:
The first Nigerian-American, Mr Oye Owolewa to be elected to the United States Congress emerged early on Wednesday morning as a Democrat to represent Washington D.C.

Source: https://twitter.com/APCUKingdom/status/1323930762723381248?s=20

APC achievement
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by brightalo1010: 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2020
macolino:
Hope he will remember Nigeria....
Remember Nigeria as your governor, senator or Sars?
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Omezif(m): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2020
Hardwork leads to a greater level, congratulaion mr oye owolewa.
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by segun18(m): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2020
Good
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by 99thEnemy(m): 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2020
mightyhazel:
This is low self esteem.. Must igbos validate you before u are assured you are not doing badly

very funny... but I am not even Yoruba.

Have you ever heard of what Nigerians call CRUISE !? grin grin grin grin

I am catching my cruise with IPOB, ODUDUWA, AREWA, and KWARARAFA people grin grin grin

where do you belong? or should I guess? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by victorazyvictor(m): 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2020
99thEnemy:

Oya take it, grin Oduduwa amaka

1 Like

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by 99thEnemy(m): 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin
victorazyvictor:

Oya take it, grin Oduduwa amaka

Thats' ma G grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by babzo(m): 12:30pm On Nov 04, 2020
Washington DC does not have a representative in the US House, just like Abuja does not have a representative in the House of Representatives.

1 Like

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Iwin2: 12:31pm On Nov 04, 2020
Opexzy:
Congratulations man. The irony of this country: it easier to make it overseas than at home. One day this narrative is gonna change. I believe!

God bless Nigeria
I agree with you

1 Like

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Eriokanmi: 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2020
Waa sheeree. Waa gbayiii grin
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Smartrock: 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2020
If you need a private Tutor for your kids or in IELTS/TOEfL. Check my signature
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by fmthegreatest(m): 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2020
This is a Lesson to Nigerian Youths,we all should grow
and reason beyond our Racial,Tribal and Religious sentiments and bigotry,as you can see a young Nigerian elected into the American Congress,while at home here in Nigeria his mates that should contest elections and be elected into the NASS are busy collecting stipends from very old politicians to mortgage their country and society for their whims snd caprices.While the old Politicians are even now set to gag them in the name of regulating the social media,Nigerian Youths wake up from your slumber float youth political party and run the affairs of your country.

1 Like

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by 4four(m): 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2020
Achievement for APC

1 Like

Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by iampeterben(m): 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2020
Congratulations to him
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by Debra911(f): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2020
Emerald04:
Yoruba Amaka.
Trouble makers, una no dey tire
Re: Oye Owolewa Elected Into US Congress, To Represent Washington D.C. by DontBullshitMe: 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2020
I rooted for him days ago!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Koko Zaria Opens Hotel (Video) / Photos Of Victims Of Borno Bomb Blast (Viewers Discretion) / People Waiting Infront Of Tinubu's House Ahead Of Tomorrow's Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.