Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Table Tennis And Snooker Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Table Tennis And Snooker Business (1797 Views)

Table Tennis And Snooker Boards / Discover how to make money From Snooker Table business. / Bill Gates Plays With Roger Federer, Tennis Legend (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Table Tennis And Snooker Business by Flakky26(f): 2:26am On Nov 05, 2020
I am thinking of starting outdoor games point business where people can come to play table tennis and snooker for a token fee of N100/N200 ,because in my area there is nothing of such and there are many drinking joints where people come around to drink,relax,eat fish etc .its always gets busy from like 3pm till like 11pm every day. you will even think they are having party because of the no of cars parked. Averagely, like 50 cars and about 150 persons come around there daily.

Pls i need your advise on this business ,the pros and cons . the viability of the business . Thank you.
Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by Flakky26(f): 9:20am On Nov 05, 2020
still Expecting to hear from you guys

Flakky26:
I am thinking of starting outdoor games point business where people can come to play table tennis and snooker for a token fee of N100/N200 ,because in my area there is nothing of such and there are many drinking joints where people come around to drink,relax,eat fish etc .its always gets busy from like 3pm till like 11pm every day. you will even think they are having party because of the no of cars parked. Averagely, like 50 cars and about 150 persons come around there daily.

Pls i need your advise on this business ,the pros and cons . the viability of the business . Thank you.
Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by stacyadams: 9:46am On Nov 05, 2020
Nice biz bro,,,so far d customers don't start fighting after drinking,,then police d always chook nose for snooker
Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by mrsage(m): 10:24am On Nov 05, 2020
Good business.

Make sure you buy a coin operated snooker table. Makes it easy to monitor the number of games played even when you are not physically present.

You can also add some spice to it. Maybe a soccer table if you wish. It's very affordable
Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by Flakky26(f): 10:27am On Nov 05, 2020
Do you have an idea of the cost and where to buy a coin operated snooker table .

mrsage:
Good business.

Make sure you buy a coin operated snooker table. Makes it easy to monitor the number of games played even when you are not physically present.

You can also add some spice to it. Maybe a soccer table if you wish. It's very affordable
Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by icon02(m): 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2020
Do feasibility study first, don't base your decision on assumptions.
Ask the people who come around if they would love to play such Games if they were available and how much they could afford to spend on it
Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by Flakky26(f): 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2020
thanks

icon02:
Ask the people who come around if they would love to play such Games if they were available and how much they could afford to spend on it

Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by Flakky26(f): 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2020
true but the danger is that while i am busy carrying out the feasibility study ,someone who has more financial strength can be faster than me to start the business.

icon02:

2 Likes

Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by mrsage(m): 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2020
Flakky26:
Do you have an idea of the cost and where to buy a coin operated snooker table .

From N270,000 to 1.1M ( source Jiji ) Like every other item, prices vary based on quality and brand image.

Between Ojuelegba to National Stadium Surulere, Lagos. You will find several sports shops within that axis.

Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by icon02(m): 10:14pm On Nov 05, 2020
Flakky26:

true but the danger is that while i am busy carrying out the feasibility study ,someone who has more financial strength can be faster than me to start the business.

This is just an assumption and it exists only in your head.
It is better to go into the business with accurate information and projections than to enter blindly. Its better to have a competitor than to waste your capital.
Moreover , Mr A and Mr B can be doing the same business but in diffrent ways and be getting diffrent result.
Execution is key.

2 Likes

Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by SavageResponse(m): 7:16am On Nov 06, 2020
Flakky26:

You need to check the age range and financial status of the people who come there to hang out before you start investing in the business. Older and more mature people are not likely to be interested in playing snooker in Nigeria
Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by neutralmind: 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2020
SavageResponse:

You need to check the age range and financial status of the people who come there to hang out before you start investing in the business. Older and more mature people are not likely to be interested in playing snooker in Nigeria

Your last sentence is actually very wrong.
I've been to several hang out spots where they have snooker tables and I discovered that most players are mature working class men who play snooker as a form of relaxation.

Some of them even come prepared with cue sticks, chalk etc in a pouch. Snooker is designed for level headed gentle men.

At the end of the day, it all depends on your target market.
Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by Flakky26(f): 8:22pm On Nov 06, 2020
thanks for all the contributions
Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by Flakky26(f): 8:24pm On Nov 06, 2020
really on the high side for a start-up

mrsage:

From N270,000 to 1.1M ( source Jiji ) Like every other item, prices vary based on quality and brand image.

Between Ojuelegba to National Stadium Surulere, Lagos. You will find several sports shops within that axis.
Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by SavageResponse(m): 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2020
neutralmind:

Your last sentence is actually very wrong.
I've been to several hang out spots where they have snooker tables and I discovered that most players are mature working class men who play snooker as a form of relaxation.

Some of them even come prepared with cue sticks, chalk etc in a pouch. Snooker is designed for level headed gentle men.

At the end of the day, it all depends on your target market.

Yes I know mature guys play snooker they usually do so at exclusive places where you have other mature and responsible looking people

From the description OP gave the hangout he has in mind will likely be where the snooker table is placed outside in the open where all manner of touts can access...no responsible mature person will go there to play snooker
Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by neutralmind: 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2020
SavageResponse:

Yes I know mature guys play snooker they usually do so at exclusive places where you have other mature and responsible looking people

From the description OP gave the hangout he has in mind will likely be where the snooker table is placed outside in the open where all manner of touts can access...no responsible mature person will go there to play snooker

Now I get your drift.

OP the ball is now in your court.

Do your homework and I wish you luck.
Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by Flakky26(f): 5:24am On Nov 08, 2020
Flakky26:

Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by Flakky26(f): 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2020
Hello
Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by Flakky26(f): 5:42am On Nov 17, 2020
Still expecting more responses
Re: Table Tennis And Snooker Business by OsbornTyler7: 5:26am On May 09, 2023
Table tennis is a wonderful game that requires skill and technique from players. Using the right racket is one of the key aspects of achieving success in this sport.
Table tennis rackets are ergonomically shaped and lightweight, allowing players to feel comfortable while playing. This is especially important for those who play tennis on a regular basis, as an uncomfortable racket can cause discomfort in the hands and reduce the quality of the game.
The right racket allows players to control the ball better and improve their hitting accuracy. This is due to the fact that racquets can have different head shapes, weights and rubber cover types, which affect the spin and speed of the ball.

(1) (Reply)

How To Sign Up Wechat Account Successfully / Quality Bedspreads, Duvets And Duvet Covers / Palmpay POS Aggregator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.