Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) (5363 Views)

Igbo Couple Use 911 Truck As Their Wedding Car - VIDEO / Couple Use Tipper For Their Wedding In Akwa Ibom State. Photos / Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by envoymedia: 7:07am On Nov 05, 2020
IgbereTV captured viral pictures of a couple who used ukwa sauce (breadfruit) to make their wedding cake.

See below.

https://igberetvnews.com/1370553/igbo-couple-use-ukwa-sauce-make-wedding-cake-photos/

Seun
Lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Acekidc4(m): 7:08am On Nov 05, 2020
Na Condition or Na Cruise

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Enudapan: 7:12am On Nov 05, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Mum is Omo Igbo
So am one of them partly
Buh TBH
This is trash, no real odogwu will do this
No matter the price of cake
I rather bake a cake with mushin weed
Than this trash unless it not for ceremonial purpose (like marriage, birthday e.t.c)

Shortyy:

It is a traditional wedding, not a white wedding. If they decide to use ukwa instead of cake, it simply means they're upholding the Igbo culture.
okay... No qualms

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by IbnBattuta1960: 7:17am On Nov 05, 2020
Osondi, owendi!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Mutemenot(m): 7:20am On Nov 05, 2020
Wow, even the ukwa it's likely to cost more than a cake of that side � Happy Ukwa Day kiss

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Freestainworld(m): 7:21am On Nov 05, 2020
was thinking it was ukpa Enugu, the husband looks stingy from the pics
Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by lindareep: 7:22am On Nov 05, 2020
Na condition make crayfish bend grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by slawormiir: 7:22am On Nov 05, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

1 Like

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by IbnBattuta1960: 7:23am On Nov 05, 2020
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms

Mum is Omo Igbo
So am one of them partly
Buh TBH
Than this trash unless it not for ceremonial purpose (like marriage, birthday e.t.c)
Real odogwu my @ss.
Where has our fake sophistication gotten us?
Light, you no get.
Water, you no get.
Ordinary better road no dey.
Good health care available only in abroad.
University na "day care centers".
Police can kill you if you no give am N50 roger.
Why you con dey feel like say you worth more than a used sanitary pad?

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Muna4real(f): 7:25am On Nov 05, 2020
You guys didn't know that ukwa is expensive. Those people are wealthy oh grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by YoonSung57: 7:25am On Nov 05, 2020
This one on be condition, imagine money way day on table on 1k there ooo so they decided to give the people ukwa

1 Like

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by IbnBattuta1960: 7:25am On Nov 05, 2020
Mutemenot:
Wow, even the ukwa it's likely to cost more than a cake of that side � Happy Ukwa Day kiss
You dey mind world people grin
Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by healthbing(f): 7:27am On Nov 05, 2020
Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Shortyy(f): 7:47am On Nov 05, 2020
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms

Mum is Omo Igbo
So am one of them partly
Buh TBH
It is a traditional wedding, not a white wedding. If they decide to use ukwa instead of cake, it simply means they're upholding the Igbo culture.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Telegram234(m): 8:09am On Nov 05, 2020
Look at the bride face and give me a good Caption.
Lol
Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by shantti(m): 8:12am On Nov 05, 2020
meanwhile

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 05, 2020
What I know is you can't have 4k and buy something of 50k you will go for what you can afford
Happy married life to them..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by chybuzky(m): 8:40am On Nov 05, 2020
Lollz Ukwa cake grin grin
Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Holywizard: 9:34am On Nov 05, 2020
That Ukwa sauce will definitely cost most more that the cheapest wedding cake

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by tobechi74: 9:36am On Nov 05, 2020
Hardship breeds creativity
Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Abilistic(m): 9:38am On Nov 05, 2020
This is nice....

They should have also used palm wine instead of Eva wine. Afterall it's traditional wedding.

Some world people don't know that UKWA is very costly.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by haider55338: 9:39am On Nov 05, 2020
Na condition make crayfish bend
Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Hambivert: 9:46am On Nov 05, 2020
If they decided to go with the Ukwa cake that's their choice that I wholeheartedly accept.

...but some people forming their spokesperson saying it's a traditional wedding only shows the height of their humilating double standard!

Traditional wedding wey husband wear monkey jacket and tie do...who una wan dey deceive

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Tango123: 9:48am On Nov 05, 2020
Acekidc4:
Na Condition or Na Cruise

At certain times of the year, ukwa is more expensive than cake

Ukwa can sometimes reach 400 per cup.

And it doesnt swell up like beans.

Dont be surprised if that ukwa cake is worth more than 10k in total cost of ingredients and all.

Ukwa is served only at rich and comfortable people's celebrations. It is more expensive than rice and foofoo

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by ukaface(f): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2020
Cut your cloth according to your size
No go dey do pass yourself
Wedding Na one day, marriage Na forever
The ukwa dey hungry me sef....
Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Shellsploit: 1:45pm On Nov 05, 2020
Tradition i guess...

Besides, the ukwa is morr expensive than a cake..

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Skyfornia(m): 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2020
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms

Mum is Omo Igbo
So am one of them partly
Buh TBH

okay... No qualms

Using ukwa will be more expensive

1 Like

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 05, 2020
Tango123:

At certain times of the year, ukwa is more expensive than cake

Ukwa can sometimes reach 400 per cup.

And it doesnt swell up like beans.

Dont be surprised if that ukwa cake is worth more than 10k in total cost of ingredients and all.

Ukwa is served only at rich and comfortable people's celebrations. It is more expensive than rice and foofoo

Aswrrr.....

As you dey cook am e go swell later e go reduce embarassed

Presently Ukwa is costlier

1 Like

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2020
Ukwa.. which one be ukwa again
Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Tango123: 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2020
Xavfra:

Aswrrr.....

As you dey cook am e go swell later e go reduce embarassed

Presently Ukwa is costlier

U are a true child of the land. Oil dey ur head. U sabi book. Carry go

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Kiddogarcia(m): 6:18pm On Nov 05, 2020
Last last reno don say cake no matter,check soggy tho, I sell the herbs for sexual enhancement, check profile and see proof
Re: Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 05, 2020
dairykidd:
Ukwa.. which one be ukwa again
Cityman, it's called breadfruit in Ingirish.
When they say mek una dey go village, una no go hear. grin

Ukwa is so revered in my state but it's funny that I don't eat it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Look What She's Successfully Turned A Simp To (photo) / Hahaha, Saw This On Twitter / Men Are The Most Wicked Being On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.