Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed (27630 Views)

Buhari Won The Elections In 2003, 2007 And 2011- Fomer US Ambassador Campbell / Oshiomhole Blasts Obasanjo, Reveals What Ex-president Wants / 2019: Work Has Started - Obasanjo Reveals What Will Happen To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by Zurich1844(f): 9:12pm On Nov 05, 2020
Koko1119:
Obj u still remeber all dis tin & u no fit remeber where u keep $16b .

Lol. Savage!
Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by Franktom247(m): 9:40pm On Nov 05, 2020
Wahala for who obj sabi him secret

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by golddare: 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2020
Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by Anyiamaka: 9:54pm On Nov 05, 2020
Koko1119:

Kikikiki. I wonder o
Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by kumulus(m): 10:30pm On Nov 05, 2020
jaytii:

The fact that someday, I won't be able to do a lot of the things I easily do myself anymore.
Bearing that old wrinkled face when all of my handsomeness finally fades away.
Repeating the same cycle everyday (wake, eat, sit all day and sleep)

Finally, waiting for death.

Interesting I must say, have you considered the fact that you started off not able to do all of these things when you started out as a child? Well maybe you should see it as an unlearning process sort of, could help. That way you don't have to struggle with the fact.

I sure have seen beautiful wrinkled-face aged folks, personally I don't subscribe to the idea of thinking beauty is necessarily attributable only to good/young looks. It's an attribute of the soul, beyond the physically perceivable.

Not all aged people becomes vegetables, there are those who still remain relatively active. Even those who have living conditions as you described can still make the best of that time by thinking new thoughts, they can explore the realm of Mind with absolute dedication.This I believe is one of the sacred purposes of this phase.

Speaking of death, don't we die daily? This shouldn't be a source of worry tho

Well I'd just say this; 'picture the future you want!'

-Lloyd

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by Badonasty(m): 10:41pm On Nov 05, 2020
Mokason288:
This Obasanjo truly has an unforgiving spirit , I wonder what Atiku did that made Baba so angry , I’m sure there is more to these story

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

El Rufai wrote in his book that Obasanjo has to prostrate to Atiku so he could be able to contest for his second term...Atiku had all the governors and legislators in his pocket then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by kolexy(m): 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
Koko1119:

I think the $16billion allegation against Obj is a bit unfair. I recall the allegation first surface in the report of the Ndidi Elumelu Panel during Yar'adua's government. Some of the members of the panel disagreed with the content, but unfortunately nobody has come out to tell the whole truth. But what is very clear is that Obj built most of the gas-fired power plants in Nigeria today, but without making arrangements to get gas to the power plants�. So building power plant without investing in related infrastructures to support the plants wouldn't add 1 MW to power generation. I believe that was what happend, not this impression that some folks just sat down and shared $16billions.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2020
Oba J...very petty guy
Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2020
Badonasty:

El Rufai wrote in his book that Obasanjo has to prostrate to Atiku so he could be able to contest for his second term...Atiku had all the governors and legislators in his pocket then

Back then Atiku was a juggernaut within the Hausa-Fulani political space, he was the one MKO Abiola had to bribe in order to secure the SDP ticket, as far back as '92. Shehu Yar'adua had handed over his political machine to Atiku after IBB disqualified him, and that machine was the original 'Kaduna Mafia'.

The retired generals only brought Obasanjo in after MKO's death because he was a Yoruba man & ex-head of state and as such was uniquely positioned to pacify both the south west and the military while also protecting the economic interests of the retired soldiers.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by TempleHouse: 11:49pm On Nov 05, 2020
Why are Ndigbo always happy to play second fiddle to Hausa Fulanis

Igbo man agreeing to be President for 3 years and resigned for his VP cringed my heart ?

It really breaks my heart !!!

How they believe they're inferior to other tribes in Nigeria is beyond my imagination!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 06, 2020
Baba no gree retire. This Atiku no fit be president, it is not his destiny. VP supposed do am.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by Front0lane: 12:02am On Nov 06, 2020
wingmanIII:

You call Ekwueme a clown? Nobody from your miserable tribe or race is as erudite as Dr Alex Ekwueme. Go and read about him. Honestly you guys are very unfortunate.

No be only erudite na eruku.
Ain't we talking about the same Ekwume that was languishing in jail for the looting by Shagari who was under house arrest ? May it never be well with him in heaven n on Earth as it shall never be well with you n your entire household alive dead n unborn.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by femixx: 12:46am On Nov 06, 2020
Mokason288:
This Obasanjo truly has an unforgiving spirit , I wonder what Atiku did that made Baba so angry , I’m sure there is more to these story

[b]I HOPE I MADE SENSE
[/b]

No you didn`t make sense.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by seguno2: 2:11am On Nov 06, 2020
GavelSlam:
Atiku always looking for backdoor.

Why do you think that Obasanjo’s version is the truth?
At what point did he beg Atiku to let him go for his second term of 2003, as reported by several people? Before or after the primaries
Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by seguno2: 2:13am On Nov 06, 2020
Koko1119:

Has Buhari asked for it in a court case for corruption?
Does that mean it is all rumours and stories of fake news

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by seguno2: 2:37am On Nov 06, 2020
Front0lane:
Atiku know his slave n understands they are not fit to rule. Imagine the fool telling Ekwume the clown to resign in his 4 so he can take over. Oloriburuku somebody.

And Tinubu is not a slave to Buhari & his cabal
Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:23am On Nov 06, 2020
Mokason288:

I HOPE I MADE SENSE
This one he said, is it not enough to make someone angry?
Your deputy is planning your outster.
That's treachery and deserves a bullet
Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:29am On Nov 06, 2020
kolexy:

I think the $16billion allegation against Obj is a bit unfair. I recall the allegation first surface in the report of the Ndidi Elumelu Panel during Yar'adua's government. Some of the members of the panel disagreed with the content, but unfortunately nobody has come out to tell the whole truth. But what is very clear is that Obj built most of the gas-fired power plants in Nigeria today, but without making arrangements to get gas to the power plants�. So building power plant without investing in related infrastructures to support the plants wouldn't add 1 MW to power generation. I believe that was what happend, not this impression that some folks just sat down and shared $16billions.
Na you get time dey educate a zombie.
They're always looking for failures to pin on others since their god is an epitome of failure.
They'll never mention the gas-fired turbine, about 800 of them that OBJ bought towards the end of his tenure which Yaradua refused to clear from the ports.
Even Fashola alluded to those turbines when he was minister for power.
But zombies don't need that kind of info
Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by OVUNDA19: 6:34am On Nov 06, 2020
hmmm OBJ .... done old ohhhh looking like my accesstor
Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by kumulus(m): 7:12am On Nov 06, 2020
jaytii:

The fact that someday, I won't be able to do a lot of the things I easily do myself anymore.
Bearing that old wrinkled face when all of my handsomeness finally fades away.
Repeating the same cycle everyday (wake, eat, sit all day and sleep)

Finally, waiting for death.

Interesting I must say, have you considered the fact that you started off not able to do all of these things when you started out as a child? Well maybe you should see it as an unlearning process sort of, could help. That way you don't have to struggle with the fact.

I sure have seen beautiful wrinkled-face aged folks, personally I don't subscribe to the idea of thinking beauty is necessarily attributable only to good/young looks. It's an attribute of the soul, beyond the physically perceivable.

Not all aged people becomes vegetables, there are those who still remain relatively active. Even those who have living conditions as you described can still make the best of that time by thinking new thoughts, they can explore the realm of Mind with absolute dedication.This I believe is one of the sacred purposes of this phase.

Speaking of death, don't we die daily? This shouldn't be a source of worry tho

Well I'd just say this; 'picture the future you want!'

-Lloyd
Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by oyatz(m): 7:15am On Nov 06, 2020
Mokason288:

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

OBJ has said it several times that he has forgiven Atiku and he even supported Atiku for Presidency in 2019.
However he was right to make the correction in Alao-Akala's book for the benefit of future generations to know the truth about what really happened.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by Mokason288(m): 8:11am On Nov 06, 2020
oyatz:

OBJ has said it several times that he has forgiven Atiku and he even supported Atiku for Presidency in 2019.
However he was right to make the correction in Alao-Akala's book for the benefit of future generations to know the truth about what really happened.
Again, Atiku did not back down as you claimed until Alex Ekwueme was defeated at the primary of PDP in 2003.
But he finally back down so what is the difference? If not hate in his heart
Actions speaks louder than words if you have truly forgiven someone there are so many sleeping dogs you will let sleep
Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by Chikelue2000(m): 8:25am On Nov 06, 2020
Front0lane:
Atiku know his slave n understands they are not fit to rule. Imagine the fool telling Ekwume the clown to resign in his 4th year so he can take over. Oloriburuku somebody.
Atiku is a game player....pls don't use the word slave....u think Ekueme had won will give heed to such diaster?.....we know them
Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by Solsix(m): 8:31am On Nov 06, 2020
Front0lane:
Atiku know his slave n understands they are not fit to rule. Imagine the fool telling Ekwume the clown to resign in his 4th year so he can take over. Oloriburuku somebody.
And u believed him?? Had atiku supported ekwueme there was no way obj would have won the primary. Infact the plan was for ekwueme to complete the second term to make it eight years for the south so that atiku will take over after ekwueme. Obj was following atiku up and down till after the primary .

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by HonLord: 9:06am On Nov 06, 2020
Let us understand the issue. Baba has always want to prove himself as MR. RIGHT.

In the first place, where was Baba when PDP was formed?
Was Baba the right person to come from the West?
Was he part of the decision making group then and what role did he play?
That God gave him as opportunity to rule does not mean he is better than Atiku.
Baba took Abiola's position because Alex formed PDP with the agreed plan to be the President in 1999 but for the unrest in S/W caused by IBB/Abiola, Baba was taken from prison to rule for only 1 term, then Alex Ekwume. But when he saw money and was able to buy many people, he went for second term why Atiku was fed-up with the whole system and backed out. Yes, Atiku is not a good person to Baba, but Atiku is among those that keeps Nigeria moving forward . ask people who sees the contributors of the Nig. economy and they will tell you.
Re: Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed by Front0lane: 9:37am On Nov 07, 2020
Solsix:

And u believed him?? Had atiku supported ekwueme there was no way obj would have won the primary. Infact the plan was for ekwueme to complete the second term to make it eight years for the south so that atiku will take over after ekwueme. Obj was following atiku up and down till after the primary .
The reasoning of every foolish igbo blaming those that did what they need do to achieve their aim n goal. Always failing to accept the blame of your failure cos you are a total failure at virtually everything.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu: The Pains Of A Godfather By Remi Oyeyemi / APC Dissolves Presidential Campaign Council. / "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.