Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,301 members, 7,853,403 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:55 PM

Dating: How Long Can You Wait - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating: How Long Can You Wait (1292 Views)

How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? / How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal / Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating: How Long Can You Wait by proverbial: 5:27am On Jun 27, 2007
Okay, you're already dating, but how long can you manage to hang around till he pops the question? And how upset would you be if it appears that everything is smooth between you and him yet he refuses to ask 'it'? tongue

Wondering.
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by proverbial: 5:30am On Jun 27, 2007
And another question to spice things up.

If you've been dating a guy for about 3-weeks, and you're already sexually involved with him, do you consider him your boyfriend, even though he never acknowledged.
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by Nobody: 5:42am On Jun 27, 2007
proverbial - commissioner for women affairs in Umaru Yar asleep's cabinet. grin

From a man's perspective, sex does not automatically elevate you to the status of girlfriend. You may just happen to be a substitute for masturbation.
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by proverbial: 5:46am On Jun 27, 2007
Absolutely, but the conflict exists because most women don't think this way. Once they start getting intimate with the man, they expect to claim him as their prize.
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 27, 2007
women think with the heart while men think with the head. Most times the heart is not always right.
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by iice(f): 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2007
proverbial:

And another question to spice things up.

If you've been dating a guy for about 3-weeks, and you're already sexually involved with him, do you consider him your boyfriend, even though he never acknowledged.

Nope!
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by MILITIA(f): 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2007
@Topic
This is age and gender sensitive especially in African culture.

For females:

18-20 years till you finish school or you are tired of the guys!---I say 5 years, you gat the time and energy!  You call the shots at this time. grin Everything is still in tact!

21-25yrs- high risk of 2 many sexual partners/abortions  I say[b] 1 year [/b] or if you are not ready please -----ABSTAIN OR USE PROTECTION!

26-29yrs- Huh! shocked  bobos still to play una at this time?  should be ready for marriage now so I say 6 months!

30-34yrs cry---please no sex before marriage!  Na wayo the guys wan play una!  You are prone to be used as sample platters!  Time is against you ke! angry  I say 1 month!  Arrangee marriage is the best oh! No time to date at all!  Besides you are psychologically vulnerable at this point in your life----ready to settle for anything!

35-? Well no rush now undecided  You chances of remaining single are high!  I say take am easy---if it is a first time marriage --o ga oh! lipsrsealed  I say 1 day to whenever!  No rush I beg! Probably gat your own thing and pay your own bills.  We are set in our ways at this time and compromising is difficult.  This is not a time to pick and chose anyway!  Please check with your gynecologist for fertility screening!  Most female problems have started to show by now.  Your eggs are 35 years and older!  Na God go do am! grin

For Males!

18-25 years should not be having sex while in a relationship!  Please abstain or use condoms! Have no means to support a family in case you score goals!  If you come from a wealthy family and your are an "omo mommy or omo daddy" with big bucks, feel free to propose anytime or any day.  Your parents will only just inherit another son or daughter!  It can be afforded--just a few more mouths to feed. Just make sure the money does not finish till you can stand on your own feet!  Not high marriage qualities anyway since they are still growing "upstairs"!  Stop terminating your future kids!  Do not propose to any female unless you "knocked" her up! 

26-29yrs  Well you are done with school and should be ready to settle down.  But trust our Naija dudes--this is the time of their lives to sample both young and old! I say 1 year to 2 years to cut down on multiple sex partners or unwanted "gifts" from yanshing around!

30-35yrs  Ideal to settle down for guys so you can have all the energy to run around those little rascals!  I say 6 months to 1 year max!

36-40yrs[/b]This is your 99th hour!  Beware of low sperm counts from too many STDs after roaming around different places! grin  Please do not wait too long oh!  I say [b]1 month to 6 months!  What are you looking for? shocked

41-? First marriage? O gah oh! shocked  Wetin you dey do since?  Please like your female counterparts of 35yrs -?  Please no rush.  If it is 2nd or 3rd marriage-- I say no rush! I say 1 day to whenever the spirit moves you!  You are prone to remain single for life because you are set in your ways.  It is your way or the highway! grin  Cannot be too choosy at this age--- ok? Make sure you do a fertility screening before you hook up with any babe that wants to have children I beg!  Just to make sure your little boys(sperm) are not just laying on the sand instead of swimming! Na God go do am! grin

There is a maturity lag of 5 years between most males and females. I did not say all oh! Most females are usually more matured than males. So women, marry a guy 5 years older or more older than yourself and guys Some of you still love MAMAS! So you guys can shack up with an older mama 5yrs or older. Or you can get a lady 5 years younger than yourself! grin
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by RuuDie(m): 8:31pm On Jul 14, 2007
23. . .25 no sex! Say who die? Ain't g'onna be g'oin in2 my weddin nite with 'em cherries intact ;d
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by MILITIA(f): 9:05pm On Jul 14, 2007
RuuDie:

23. . .25 no sex! Say who die? Ain't g'onna be g'oin in2 my weddin night with 'em cherries intact ;d

He he he he he!  grin  grin grin  It is easier for a carmel to pass through the eye of the needle, than for Naija randy boys to abstain!  My brother, just use condom!  Marriage is not in your horizon now I beg! shocked Please do not propose to any body in the next 10 years! Oh migosh--I am counting how many children will be aborted-girls runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! shocked
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by debosky(m): 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2007
Milita you are officially the 'obo and oko topics' moderator of nairaland! u no fit see am waka pass? grin grin tongue
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 14, 2007
@ debosky, i think say na only me dey notice.  grin This military woman na wa!  cheesy
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by MILITIA(f): 11:40pm On Jul 14, 2007
debosky:

Milita you are officially the 'obo and oko topics' moderator of nairaland! u no fit see am waka pass? grin grin tongue

davidylan:

@ debosky, i think say na only me dey notice. grin This military woman na wa! cheesy

Make una see me see wahala oh! grin  These people drove me from politics section.  I waka comot for una there and now you are here again?  Wetin I do una biko nu?  shocked  As long as no be "virginity" I love romance and sexuality section too mush!  A lot of people need my help here unlike the politics section!  Make una leave me alone jare! grin These people with names beginning with "grin" are a constant pain in the neck on Nairaland! Ah-ah! Debosky, Davidylan, Denex and so on and so forth! I know una love Mama Millie but I am already spoken for! Thank you for your love! tongue
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by debosky(m): 2:44am On Jul 15, 2007
we know you're taken, frankly I no dey interested, I was surprised at your initial protestations about the number of sex related topics on nl

now you have come back to accept that you like it too mush grin grin . enjoy yaself here, no wahala, no kain wink
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by MILITIA(f): 3:25am On Jul 15, 2007
debosky:

we know you're taken, frankly I no dey interested, I was surprised at your initial protestations about the number of sex related topics on nl

now you have come back to accept that you like it too mush grin grin . enjoy yaself here, no wahala, no kain wink

Thank God you are not interested! Hides the wrap of rat poison under the bed! tongue

Of course I love Sexuality and Romance topics!  But those how to lick and suck crude topics and[b] how long is this and how deep is that [/b] is just for the birds!  Besides, posts in this area and short and to the point!  When they are long, they are still interesting.  Unlike that your political section with una 2 pages of crap trying to prove half a point! shocked
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by debosky(m): 3:27am On Jul 15, 2007
that is why you are now the Don (or is it Diva?) of the 'obo and oko' topics section of nairaland cheesy

leave us and our half points in politics, you obviously have significantly greater experience in this section wink
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by MILITIA(f): 3:29am On Jul 15, 2007
Go siddon! Trouble maker! cheesy
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 15, 2007
MILITIA:

Of course I love Sexuality and Romance topics! But those how to lick and suck crude topics and[b] how long is this and how deep is that [/b] is just for the birds! Besides, posts in this area and short and to the point! When they are long, they are still interesting. Unlike that your political section with una 2 pages of crap trying to prove half a point! shocked

i agree, most of the posts here are short (see nothing to say) and to the point (read to mean pointless).
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by MILITIA(f): 4:11am On Jul 15, 2007
davidylan:

i agree, most of the posts here are short (see nothing to say) and to the point (read to mean pointless).

Thank God! I see his lights are off! What a recalcitrant youth! shocked This one was definitely a C-section baby! My God! Kai!

@Dedosky
You ran off yesterday when that babe called you! Please don't you have to call her back before she sleeps? tongue
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by debosky(m): 4:12am On Jul 15, 2007
sorry babe, saturday are celibate days, man has to stay pure before going to worship tomorrow wink

I am here to stay grin grin
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by Nobody: 4:15am On Jul 15, 2007
MILITIA:

Thank God! I see his lights are off! What a recalcitrant youth! shocked This one was definitely a C-section baby! My God! Kai!

no be your fault. what a jobless adult. shocked I wasnt a C-section baby but my mama try well before she born me. cheesy Dear old mama! God bless you, dont mind these young internet mothers of nowadays.
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by MILITIA(f): 4:19am On Jul 15, 2007
Kai! Goodnight! I don tire! cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by niceuzor: 4:27am On Jul 15, 2007
i tire oh !!

una no dey sleep for Nairaland sef
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 15, 2007
you wont be wondering if you yourself were sleeping. tongue
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by niceuzor: 4:36am On Jul 15, 2007
eya!! guy i talk to you?
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 15, 2007
agbero, that's why its a forum not a personal instant messenger.
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by niceuzor: 4:54am On Jul 15, 2007
Okpe if it's a forum so you cant mind your own business right!

betterstill Speak for urself Ok ! angry
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by Nobody: 5:05am On Jul 15, 2007
niceuzor:

Okpe if it's a forum so you can't mind your own business right!

betterstill Speak for yourself Ok ! angry

ok here's to buffoons who dont know how to behave in cyberspace. Its impossible to expect people to "mind their business" on a web forum that is open to more than 100,000 individuals. If you want to keep your private thoughts to urself there are blogs and private diaries where you can conveniently do so.
And next time you want to titillate your ego by desperately struggling to appear smart, please polish your grammer.
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by spoilt(f): 5:10am On Jul 15, 2007
debosky:

sorry babe, saturday are celibate days, man has to stay pure before going to worship tomorrow wink

I am here to stay grin grin

just do what you have to do, tongue afterall you get to confess it tomorrow!
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by iice(f): 5:14am On Jul 15, 2007
Ouch!
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by debosky(m): 4:07am On Jul 16, 2007
well I tried to 'do' but no show sad, oh well, there's always next weekend cheesy
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by iice(f): 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2007
grin Eyah, pele. . .better luck next week tongue
Re: Dating: How Long Can You Wait by Mandora(f): 11:22am On Jul 17, 2007
Pops wat question

(1) (Reply)

He's So Insecure: N I'm Tired Of Explaining. What Else Am I Supposed 2 Do? / My Friend Cameron Barrett Sharpe / Your Experience When You Shared Your Past With Your Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.