Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja (8251 Views)

This Is Where Fayose Plans To Build Airport In Ekiti(photos) / Boko Haram Planned To Attack Whole Country – Jonathan / Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by jason123: 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2011
Ultrame:

@Bolded part.

Because you don't have any friends or family in Abuja abi? Ta a ba s'oko s'oja, (If you throw stone in the market, )

Bros no vex. I was simply being objective. cheesy

henry101:

Sometimes you make your opinion look like fact.
WTF has explosive anger got to do with the Igbos.
Pls stay on the topic.

I was reply one of my igbo brothers, do you have a problem with it
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by Justcash(m): 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2011
jason123:

Agreed. But you and I know that if these attacks continue in all those cities, the military will get involved and we all know what will happen, don't we?? As I said earlier, forget the e-warriors, the truth is that no one wants war or riots but in a situation of sustained attacks, its bound to erupt soon. Anyway, if they attack lagos there people are also there so no biggie.

Exactly my point. These MEND guys don't even care about the safety and progress of their own people. They just blow places, not caring which people are there. which was why I said that it is more of a national threat than a threat to Yorubas.
Nigeria needs a con-federation or outright division.
The rant about "Attack on Yorubas" rather than "attack on Nigerians" is a pointer. It is an evidence of Deep rooted ethnic division. Wonder why we keep Trying to be  united when we can't be. Some people are already talking about carrying out Genocide on Ijaws because some MEND touts are planning to blow an oil facility. SMH

TewMuch:

They have also learnt something from MEND. They also now carry sophisticated weapons. [b]Try it at your own peril, we will see who will lose more. Una sha get many Ijaw for Lagos, no be so? [/b]We go help them emancipate wella. Besides most of these militants have family and houses in Lekki, no bi so? But they pretend to be fighting for some ND they have probably not been t in years. Their people are not safe in Lagos, at their own risk.
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by myk2mic: 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2011
TewMuch:

Se bi na to try am remain make we see. MEND should try it please:

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5682974-146/assassins_strike_in_shomolu__.csp?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+234next%252FnXXt+%2528HOME+RSS+FEEDS%2529

They have also learnt something from MEND. They also now carry sophisticated weapons. Try it at your own peril, we will see who will lose more. Una sha get many Ijaw for Lagos, no be so? We go help them emancipate wella. Besides most of these militants have family and houses in Lekki, no bi so? But they pretend to be fighting for some ND they have probably not been t in years. Their people are not safe in Lagos, at their own risk.
hehehhe, na lagos opc wan fight there own fight guy abeg no make me laugh, i bin think say na creek them go reach.if u fight on ur own land, na u go loose pass grin
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by seanet02: 4:38pm On Mar 15, 2011
MEND wan Enter lions den!!!
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by Justcash(m): 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2011
seanet02:

MEND wan Enter lions den!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin Noise maker grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by jason123: 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2011
Justcash:

Exactly my point. These MEND guys don't even care about the safety and progress of their own people. They just blow places, not caring which people are there. which was why I said that it is more of a national threat than a threat to Yorubas.
Nigeria needs a con-federation or outright division.
The rant about "Attack on Yorubas" rather than "attack on Nigerians" is a pointer. It is an evidence of Deep rooted ethnic division. Wonder why we keep Trying to be  united when we can't be. Some people are already talking about carrying out Genocide on Ijaws because some MEND touts are planning to blow an oil facility. SMH

I never liked the idea of federalism until about two months ago. We all have fundamental differences whether political, culturally or socially. I really do not blame the Northerners when they go on their annual killing spree because they NEVER wanted to be part of this union  and so did the yorubas. But Azikwe was a nationalist and he single handedly united the country which was good because together we stand, divided we fall.
Now the real issue was the removal of federalism. When that was done, it signaled the beginning of the end of Nigeria. We have to find a way to go back to federalism where everyone or group can control their wealth and resources. Where everyone or group can rule themselves instead of the silly zoning. Where everyone or group can grow at their pace et al. This federal republic structure is creating more enmity than cooperation. In fact, instead of the old 3 regions, we should have 6 regions. That way, most of our problems will be solved. Without federalism, this is just the beginning of something that is a lot worse.

Typo: about two months ago
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by Justcash(m): 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2011
jason123:

I never liked the idea of federalism until a two months ago. We all have fundamental differences whether political, culturally or socially. I really do not blame the Northerners when they go on their annual killing spree because they NEVER wanted to be part of this union  and so did the yorubas. But Azikwe was a nationalist and he single handedly united the country which was good because together we stand, divided we fall.
Now the real issue was the removal of federalism. When that was done, it signaled the beginning of the end of Nigeria. We have to find a way to go back to federalism where everyone or group can control their wealth and resources. Where everyone or group can rule themselves instead of the silly zoning. Where everyone or group can grow at their pace et al. This federal republic structure is creating more enmity than cooperation. In fact, instead of the old 3 regions, we should have 6 regions. That way, most of our problems will be solved. Without federalism, this is just the beginning of something that is a lot worse.

I agree with you.
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by TewMuch: 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2011
myk2mic:

hehehhe, na lagos opc wan fight there own fight guy abeg no make me laugh, i bin think say na creek them go reach.if u fight on your own land, na u go loose pass grin

How? Ondo no dey ND? Crush creek rats on two fronts. Besides these creek rats need to be shown real force once and for all. Their gbemu gbemu don too dey plenty. We know they have many businesses and houses in Lagos, na to deal with them wey remain. Dem don dey beleful, so na to misbehave remain. Wetin consign Lagos with ND struggle? Na tax payer money we dey chop.
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by bisiaet: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2011
The truth there is no need for too much talk on this thread as I said earlier let MEND or MAND or MAD go ahead to tumble everywhere that will make them a good boys isnit??

If a certain people decided not to be on confrontational action that does not mean they are fools. The act of carry gun and harms against innocent or govt establishment is a complete act of cowardness. The true freedom fighters has turned new leaf but all this we will bomb this we will bomb are just a bloody clown seeking to drag other region into thier silly struggle.

They will say oh our land is damage fine everyone understand and not happy about it I was one of those who stand for the justice for the poeple in that region but I became lost and upset when same freedom fighters turn to kidnappers of their own people for ransome, killing and intimidating same people they claimed they are fighting FOR, organising hit-killing commando style , their own people their so called gang leader is riding on SUV vehicle and million in bank account from just a street hawker I just realised this is just My pocket fighters" Not true freedom fighters. A freedom fighter dont digress, a freedom fighter dont compromise, a true freedom fighters take his people as fist thing and foremost, a freedom fighter dont look for money, a true freedom fighter dont involve in kidnapping, killing or intimidating the people he is fighting for so what a hell is MEND stand for?

Iam not from southwest originally but the truth is when you push someone to the wall thinking you are Goliath bros MEND you may miss it in a big way and regret your life so if you think this people can not fight or do anything please I beg you go and bomb them again ok then you will know may be they are afraid or not. And anybody who appeal or beg you MEND or MAND or MAD not to bomb Lagos God will punish that person pls go and do the bombing I D I O TS
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by mrperfect(m): 4:51pm On Mar 15, 2011
Is that necessary? And what could the demand be?
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by seanet02: 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2011
Justcash:

grin grin grin grin grin grin Noise maker  grin grin grin grin grin grin  

Una no serious
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by Beaf: 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2011
jason123:

I never liked the idea of federalism until a two months ago. We all have fundamental differences whether political, culturally or socially. I really do not blame the Northerners when they go on their annual killing spree because they NEVER wanted to be part of this union and so did the yorubas. But Azikwe was a nationalist and he single handedly united the country which was good because together we stand, divided we fall.

So you can think like this? Welcome into the tent, dude.
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by Beaf: 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2011
Instead of those clowns to go to Abuja where their mates are to protest until the Petroleuum Industry Bill (PIB) is passed, they are busy making threats to Lagos and Abuja. GEJ should employ some serious firepower against them using the ex-militants like tompolo, cos those boys will always defeat JTF.

As for the thin legged OPC people making empty threats here, its good for comic relief. Lets pray it never happens, cos those boys no easy; someone posted a link with some burnt out cars, whereas we are talking about militants that use all sorts of GPS and other high tech stuff even our army has never heard of. lol
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by AljUche: 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2011
chaiii angry angry angry angry

beaf is back angry angry angry why mukina2 why angry

i still prefer u dey vex post than beaf cheesy
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by auwal87(m): 6:20pm On Mar 15, 2011

The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (M.E.N.D) wishes to strongly advise the general public and all oil companies to disregard all attempts by the Nigerian government and security services in dismissing our latest threat.

In light of these attempts by the Nigerian security services, we may resort to carry out all bomb blasts without prior notification and then issue a statement of claim afterwards.

Anyone caught up in these blasts due to their ignorance would only have themselves and the government to blame. The same government that would abandon the casualties in an unequipped teaching hospital while their family members travel abroad for medical treatment.

We gather that some agents from the United States are training some members of the Nigerian police force in bomb detection, detonation and making improvised bombs. We find this very laughable coming from a country that cannot guarantee its own citizen’s security with their overwhelmed prison system coupled with a useless and corrupt Nigerian police and security force that will end up selling this knowledge.

The government of Goodluck Jonathan has formed a habit of blaming its political opponents in other bomb attacks so when we start to strike, we will sit back and watch how the blame game will continue to be played out by the government after our statements of claims has being issued.

We finally reiterate our desire to avoid any civilian casualties and again strongly warn the general public to stay clear of any political gathering or meeting of any sort as we know our targets.

Jomo Gbomo

Source: http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/mend-issues-fresh-warning-about-imminent-attacks

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by baslone: 6:25pm On Mar 15, 2011
Rebels flying MiG 23 warplane and helicopters just sank two pro-Gaddafi
warships off the eastern coast near the town of Adjabiyah.

Nigeria is still coming to this situation if the presidency doesn't do the right
thing. Left to me I'll declare war on the whole zone and erase them like Odi before
it gets at of hand! Two years from now, it would have been 4gotten!
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by Beaf: 6:26pm On Mar 15, 2011
It is quite clear that these so called threats are all politics. SSS seems to have upped its game a lot, so these guys are gonna get caught. cool
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by Beaf: 6:27pm On Mar 15, 2011
baslone:

Rebels flying MiG 23 warplane and helicopters just sank two pro-Gaddafi
warships off the eastern coast near the town of Adjabiyah.

Nigeria is still coming to this situation if the presidency doesn't do the right
thing. Left to me I'll declare war on the whole zone and erase them like Odi before
it gets at of hand! Two years from now, it would have been 4gotten!

You are a joker.
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by phreakabit(m): 6:35pm On Mar 15, 2011
Abeg let these Ish breeding yoruba people go away. With their childish deceptions. Its obvious this is a failed attempt at Smear campaign. Apparently they lack the superior mental ability required to make this story look real.
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 15, 2011
whatever the militants think with this threat,they should not bring it to yorubaland.that is my own whether na political,e no concern me.
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by jason123: 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2011
phreakabit:

Abeg let these Ish breeding yoruba people go away. With their childish deceptions. Its obvious this is a failed attempt at Smear campaign. Apparently they lack the superior mental ability required to make this story look real.

^^^^^^^^^
another moronic bigoted Nigeria. sad sad
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by phreakabit(m): 6:49pm On Mar 15, 2011
jason123:

^^^^^^^^^
another moronic bigoted Nigeria. sad sad

Ahhh! My guy Jason you still dey here? I see your brain is yet to develop past the level at which I left it. Its been what 2 moths? And you still can't tell the difference between a COUNTRY and an INDIVIDUAL. Its Nigerian not Nigeria. Judging by your use of grammar its obvious you must have failed that "exam" you ever so talked about! SMH@YOU!

BTW, I never said I wasn't a bigot. replace BI in bigot with FA and you got yourself grin .
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by jason123: 6:53pm On Mar 15, 2011
phreakabit:

Ahhh! My guy Jason you still dey here? I see your brain is yet to develop past the level at which I left it. Its been what 2 moths? And you still can't tell the difference between a COUNTRY and an INDIVIDUAL. Its Nigerian not Nigeria. Judging by your use of grammar its obvious you must have failed that "exam" you ever so talked about! SMH@YOU!

LOL.So you used what people type and simple typos on forums to judge their level of education. smh. I do not know you in real life but one thing is certain, it must suck to be you. Have a nice day.
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2011
obasanjo in an eating mess follow this link to watchyoutube.com/danxweb
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by dplordx(m): 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2011
It is not MEND fault. They continue to steal our oil to develop Lagos.
They should blow the whole of Lagos and Abj!
Do say you havent been warned!
Leave Lagos and Abj crowded areas o!
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by dplordx(m): 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2011
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by jason123: 7:29pm On Mar 15, 2011
dplordx:

Read this

you have to agree that MEND is provoking them. Lagos is the only self sustaining city in Nigeria and it does not derive its revenue from the so called Nigerdelta oil. Lagos has its own oil well and it also has the largest natural gas reserves in West Africa. So the agrument of Lagos getting its money from Nigerdelta oil is baseless.
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by ekubear1: 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2011
^-- Man, fvck that. That is not even relevant.

You cannot afford to be on the defensive with riff-raff. Simply fvck them and seek their destruction.

If they want to play this game, so be it.
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by AljUche: 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2011
eku_bear:

You cannot afford to be on the defensive with riff-raff. Simply fvck them and seek their destruction.

gbammm angry
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by jason123: 7:41pm On Mar 15, 2011
eku_bear:

Dapo, things are quite different real life compared to what some people might make you believe. You cannot not start fighting an unprepared war and yorubas do not fight a battle that they will eventually lose (they are known for that). Now, these MEND guys are simply misinformed and they are taking their anger out on Nigeria NOT Yorubas. Although, this might generate to something worse but heck! What can you do?? These people have suffered so much the pictures you see are simply the tip of the ice berg. Moreover, there are ijaws and every ethnic group in Lagos so if they in anyway think they are fighting the yorubas by bombing Lagos, they are simply killing one of their own too.

But I will not rule out the fact that, this may degenerate into a ethnic war (as with Biafra and Lagos bombing) if they do truly do this. And for the yorubas to think of fighting back, it means they have been pushed to the wall and they have found a means to win the battle. Hope it does not degenerate though.
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by ekubear1: 7:44pm On Mar 15, 2011
^-- Heh.

In this particular case, we don't even need to lift a finger to do anything. Read this article and think of its implications:

http://af.reuters.com/article/investingNews/idAFJOE7280JB20110309?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

So just relax and watch things unfold.

In case it isn't clear. . . not every investor is as media and brand conscious as Shell. Some in particular (indigineous Nigerian businessmen, Chinese, etc) are absolutely ruthless, and will do anything to see their investment profitable.

The implications of this should be obvious.
Re: Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja by jason123: 7:48pm On Mar 15, 2011
eku_bear:

^-- Heh.

In this particular case, we don't even need to lift a finger to do anything. Read this article and think of its implications:

http://af.reuters.com/article/investingNews/idAFJOE7280JB20110309?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

So just relax and watch things unfold.

In case it isn't clear. . . not every investor is as media and brand conscious as Shell. Some in particular (indigineous Nigerian businessmen, Chinese, etc) are absolutely ruthless, and will do anything to see their investment profitable.

The implications of this should be obvious.

Exactly! So why kill some of your men?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: Ohanaeze Ndigbo Validates Endorsements For Ugwuanyi / See The Bridge A Keyan Sitting Governor Unveiled That Got People Talking / SDP Southwest House Of Assembly Candidates Declare Support For Tinubu/shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.