Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,383 members, 7,954,549 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:56 PM

Can Whatsapp Chats Be Submitted As Genuine Evidence - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can Whatsapp Chats Be Submitted As Genuine Evidence (1276 Views)

More Trouble For Hushpuppi As New Evidence Was Submitted Against Him / Taraba Police Killings: Army Captain Had 191 Phone Chats With Wanted Kidnapper / Interesting Chats Between A Yahoo Boy Trying To Scam A Smart Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Whatsapp Chats Be Submitted As Genuine Evidence by oprah007(m): 5:38pm On Nov 06, 2020
Please guys I need your advice. I sent someone 300k for a foreign transaction prior the lockdown. He sent back a screenshot that claimed he had made the payment on my behalf. Fast forward to last week, I called the foreign establishment only to be told that no fund was received.
I called the guy and he started by telling me that he sent the money then he later said that the money he collected from me was his service charge and he has spent it. That I should look for another money to cater for my intended transaction.
I told him I will drag him to the police station. He laughed and asked what evidence I have against him and I told him our WhatsApp chats and documents exchange. Now what troubles me is that he said he has deleted all our chats and whatever chats I present to the police, he will deny such and put it to the police that I fabricated it all.

Please guys, can he really do that and scot-free? How do I present my chats to the police and proof to them that we really had those conversations. Kindly advice. Thank you.
Re: Can Whatsapp Chats Be Submitted As Genuine Evidence by Pierocash(m): 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2020
oprah007:
Please guys I need your advice. I sent someone 300k for a foreign transaction prior the lockdown. He sent back a screenshot that claimed he had made the payment on my behalf. Fast forward to last week, I called the foreign establishment only to be told that no fund was received.
I called the guy and he started by telling me that he sent the money then he later said that the money he collected from me was his service charge and he has spent it. That I should look for another money to cater for my intended transaction.
I told him I will drag him to the police station. He laughed and asked what evidence I have against him and I told him our WhatsApp chats and documents exchange. Now what troubles me is that he said he has deleted all our chats and whatever chats I present to the police, he will deny such and put it to the police that I fabricated it all.

Please guys, can he really do that and scot-free? How do I present my chats to the police and proof to them that we really had those conversations. Kindly advice. Thank you.
let the WhatsApp number be worked on, and ascertain the person behind the number first, if the tracking proves he is the owner, then you have a case against him. If the number showed someone else, the person should be arrested as the culprit then he can produce the person using it.

Secondly, the bank details you sent the money to belongs to who? That can be used coupled with the WhatsApp message as evidence, if the account details proves he owns the account, there is no way he can deny that WhatsApp chat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Whatsapp Chats Be Submitted As Genuine Evidence by DelTel(m): 5:48pm On Nov 06, 2020
He is playing on your intelligence!
WhatsApp communication like every other communication is admissible in any court or by the police.

The onus is on him to show proof of why you paid him, and confirmation of job execution.

Don't fall for his trick.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Whatsapp Chats Be Submitted As Genuine Evidence by johncheston(m): 7:37pm On Nov 06, 2020
Call him and record the call. Let him not know you are recording it and make sure he admits his offence on the call and his intentions to deny the chat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Whatsapp Chats Be Submitted As Genuine Evidence by backnbeta(f): 9:27pm On Nov 06, 2020
johncheston:
Call him and record the call. Let him not know you are recording it and make sure he admits his offence on the call and his intentions to deny the chat.
Yes, OP should call him and record their conversation in addition to the WhatsApp messages, let him implicate himself, but do it codedly. Best of luck.
Re: Can Whatsapp Chats Be Submitted As Genuine Evidence by DryMouth: 6:08am On Nov 07, 2020
His phone number and account details cannot be fabricated.
Use that against him
Re: Can Whatsapp Chats Be Submitted As Genuine Evidence by ike07: 10:17pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bank statement and transfer slip is an evidence the money was sent to his account.
Your bank can help you with that. Speak to your account officer or customer care
Re: Can Whatsapp Chats Be Submitted As Genuine Evidence by oluseyiforjesus(m): 1:53am On Dec 28, 2020
Watapp chat could be scam

(1) (Reply)

Civil Servant Participating In Partisan Politics / How We Kidnapped Killed And Raped Women In Zamfara / Share Your Experiences Of Being Physically Abused By Women During Your Childhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.