Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Bad Altitudes Of African Couples - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bad Altitudes Of African Couples (728 Views)

Why African Couples Are Not Romantic / A Must Read :why African Couples Are Not Romantic / Why African Couples Are Not Romantic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by yommygift15: 10:02pm On Nov 06, 2020
12 BAD ATTITUDES OF AFRICAN COUPLES (NOT ROMANTIC)

1). Many marriages are just for sleeping and waking up, raising kids and ageing together till death comes.

2). Many couples hardly kiss and they only hug each other when they receive good news.

3). The husband only puts food in his wife's mouth only when she is terminally ill and can't feed herself.

4). If you see a man opening car door for his wife, it means the door is faulty.

5). The only thing that makes an african man touch his wife's neck is when she complains of fever. He won't touch it again till the next fever.

6). The only time he can carry his wife in his arms is when she is in labour.

7). If you see them seated outside at night, don’t think they are romantic. They are only waiting for the smell of insecticide to vanish.

cool. Many wives buy gifts for their husbands only when they are hospitalized.

9).The only time they move out/ walk out together is when there is danger and everyone is running.

10). The only time they go for evening stroll is when they want to go and lay a complain to the parents of the person that beat their child or got their daughter pregnant.

11). The only time they bath together is when both are late for work.

12).The only time a wife looks closely to her husband's eyes is when he complains of dirt in his eyes.

Unfortunately, Africans feel that any romantic man is being controlled by his wife. They will begin to spread bad rumours that the man has eaten vegetable

(We need to change and let our marriage be a Paradise on the earth)
#SHARE to educate others. Cheers �

2 Likes

Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by SILENTandSMART2: 10:08pm On Nov 06, 2020
You're right,

But it is not a bad behavior,

It happens between early 1880' and below marriage,

That doesn't mean dat there's no real love among them,, smiley
Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by dorin27(f): 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2020
Is this post applicable to young couples?
Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by virginprincess(f): 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2020
It very true, African men( especially nigeria men) are not romantic at all.

2 Likes

Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by Shortyy(f): 10:21pm On Nov 06, 2020
Hmm.
Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by Fmghewzy(m): 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2020
virginprincess:

Lol maybe out dad's,but trust me men like are.
Men of this days are better
Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by MrTAnonymous(m): 1:50am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:

Nigerian men are romantic, you just haven't searched well, keep searching you will find your romantic partner soon.

To the op, this applies to old African men not the 21st century African man.

Incase you don't know na me talk
Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by Sixfeetbelle: 2:26am On Nov 07, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

Nigerian men are romantic, you just haven't searched well, keep searching you will find your romantic partner soon.

To the op, this applies to old African men not the 21st century African man.

Which Nigerian men are romantic? Is it the ones that the only thing they know is to be bleeping everytime and then complain about not getting enough bleep from their wives that are romantic? Please, tell me something else.

1 Like

Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by MrTAnonymous(m): 2:45am On Nov 07, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Which Nigerian men are romantic? Is it the ones that the only thing they know is to be bleeping everytime and then complain about not getting enough bleep from their wives that are romantic? Please, tell me something else.

Lol, I laugh in Swahili.

Are you saying there ain't any romantic man on Nigeria?

And are you saying you haven't heard Nigeria ladies complain about the same thing you mentioned?

About their husbands not being able to satisfy them on bed, reason why they filed for a divorce?

The truth is that most Nigerian ladies have nothing to offer to a man in a relationship other than sexx and if it continues like that, many men will dump being a romantic and be tempted to keep digging holes.

Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by Sixfeetbelle: 2:48am On Nov 07, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

Lol, I laugh in Swahili.

Are you saying there ain't any romantic man on Nigeria?

And are you saying you haven't heard Nigeria ladies complain about the same thing you mentioned?

About their husbands not being able to satisfy them on bed, reason why they filed for a divorce?

The truth is that most Nigerian ladies have nothing to offer to a man in a relationship other than sexx and if it continues like that, many men will dump being a romantic and be tempted to keep digging holes.

So you're saying the romanticism of Nigerian men is dependent on what the lady can offer in a relationship?

Good to know.

Still supports my previous assertion.
Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by MrTAnonymous(m): 2:59am On Nov 07, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

So you're saying the romanticism of Nigerian men is dependent on what the lady can offer in a relationship?

Good to know.

Still supports my previous assertion.

Yes, to an extent.

A relationship has to be mutually beneficial to both parties.

It should be an equal give and take thing.

If you want your man to be romantic towards you, be romantic towards him too.

Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by Sixfeetbelle: 3:06am On Nov 07, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

Yes, to an extent.

A relationship has to be mutually beneficial to both parties.

It should be an equal give and take thing.

If you want your man to be romantic towards you, be romantic towards him too.

You don't depend on the other person to be romantic. To show romance is to display genuine feelings. It is a method of expressing your feelings without using words but gestures and acts. Waiting for the other person to reciprocate first before you continue turns the romance into a trade-by-barter arrangement, thus defeating the aim.
Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by Nobody: 3:40am On Nov 07, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

the man no get job for him to be nacking everytime cheesy?
but true true what op highlighted actually happens in some nigerian marriages
it can be that dull and uninteresting but though not all marriage
and talking about some guys who are unromantic also know there some ladies who are moody and quarrelsome as well cheesy
Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by Nobody: 3:47am On Nov 07, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

You don't depend on the other person to be romantic. To show romance is to display genuine feelings. It is a method of expressing your feelings without using words but gestures and acts. Waiting for the other person to reciprocate first before you continue turns the romance into a trade-by-barter arrangement, thus defeating the aim.
all these can be best done during courtship and then replicated in the marriage.but a situation wey dem arrange wife give the man and the man no like d wife wey dem give am but he has to marry her to fulfill the wishes of his parents or pastor how u think say such a man go fit come dey romance d woman cheesy.e go hard cheesy cheesy
Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by yomi007k(m): 8:01am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:

And in what way are Nigerian women romantic?

1 Like

Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by theakuko: 8:07am On Nov 07, 2020
cry
Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by MrTAnonymous(m): 8:09am On Nov 07, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Oh so you want a man to be romantic but not the woman right? How does that work?

If I keep on expresing my feelings to a woman and she doesn't reciprocate back, isn't it foolishness on my part if I continue doing that? Won't you call me a "mugu"?

I repeat, relationship has to be mutually beneficial to both parties.

1 Like

Re: Bad Altitudes Of African Couples by tobechi74: 9:12am On Nov 07, 2020
Good.

(1) (Reply)

Lekki/ Victoria Island: Which Is Better For Night Club Business. / Ppl Are Removing The Filters- The Silhouette Challenge. / Signs You Are Not Qualified To Marry The Right Person.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.