Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Please Help A Newbie - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Help A Newbie (509 Views)

My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie / How I Recommend A Newbie Goes About Learning Web Development. / Help A Newbie To Coding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help A Newbie by Pearlbaby(m): 11:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
Please pardon my diction. �
I started coding not too long ago, like 4 months ago. I'm relatively done with HTML and CSS. But JavaScript which most probably is the next stage isn't that easy. Looks so much different and foreign.

Please what job or project can one do with JavaScript, so that I would weigh my chances and see if it's worth the Brain cracking or suffering rather.
Re: Please Help A Newbie by Emperor4tune(m): 11:37pm On Nov 06, 2020
Pearlbaby:
I started coding not too long ago, like 4 months ago. I'm relatively done with HTML and CSS. But JavaScript which most probably is the next stage isn't that easy. Looks so much different and foreign.

Please what job or project can one do with JavaScript, so that I would weigh my chances and see if it's worth the Brain cracking or suffering rather.

jscript is a complex language structure,i will advice you download ebooks,do google research,watch jscript tutorial videos,and also download the w3school andriod app & other programming apps to learn more,everything depends on ur dedication,focus & hardwork..wish u luck !
Re: Please Help A Newbie by faithful2911(m): 12:30am On Nov 07, 2020
Pearlbaby:

Run!

Its not worth it
Re: Please Help A Newbie by Karleb(m): 4:05am On Nov 07, 2020
faithful2911:
Run!
Its not worth it
gringrin
Wetin person no go see for Nairaland.
Re: Please Help A Newbie by Zambbros(m): 6:51am On Nov 07, 2020
Get a good paid course on Udemy.
Nothing good comes easy, that moment you feel like giving up? that's when to push forward.

Before you venture into any learning process, aks your self this, what is it I want to achieve?

Do i want to be a web developer?
Do i want to be an App developer? and so on..

Specify your interest, don't just go about learning languages anyhow.

If you have chosen your area of interest, then you will know what to learn, because everything got prerequisite

After that, get a paid course, and a book to support

Get a full course on what you want to learn, and follow sequence learning.

Be consistent, never let a day go by without study and practice.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Newbie by Jas80: 6:58am On Nov 07, 2020
JavaScript is the most popular language out there. You can do anything with it from web development to mobile app development.

Some simple projects you can try building are calculators, simple video games, you can literally build anything you think.

But at this stage, try and understand how things like slideshow works, how to hide and display web content, and the rest.
Re: Please Help A Newbie by stanliwise(m): 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2020
Pearlbaby:

You need to understand what it is before you decide you don’t like it. So far so good what did the material or resource state as your objective?

Are you satisfied with such objective?
Re: Please Help A Newbie by Brukx(m): 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
Emperor4tune:
java is a complex language structure,i will advice you download ebooks,do google research,watch jscript tutorial videos,and also download the w3school andriod app & other programming apps to learn more,everything depends on ur dedication,focus & hardwork..wish u luck !
Java is different from JavaScript. Just saying. You're right, the courses on w3school are too notch
Re: Please Help A Newbie by Abcruz(m): 10:05pm On Nov 07, 2020
Pearlbaby:

The complexity of JavaScript depends on your mode of learning. I was able to learn all the basics of JavaScript within a week cos of the mode of tutorial I used and that was w3school. Their programming lessons are simply the best to me! Try them out.
Re: Please Help A Newbie by naijasensei: 12:14pm On Nov 09, 2020
Pearlbaby:

If you intend to go far in web development you will need Javascript. Javascript is an important member of the trifecta of web development.
- HTML is for structure
- CSS is for styling
- Javascript is for behavior
Re: Please Help A Newbie by spartan117(m): 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2020
Pearlbaby:

I'll highly recommend that you use www.codecademy.com to learn, they have a great curriculum and have recently upgraded it to become even better.

It costs about $12-18 per month to get full access to the course, but you can apply to get it for free, check this link to Learn more:
https://www.businessinsider.com/free-online-coding-classes-codecademy?IR=T

(1) (Reply)

React Native Developer Needed / Which Is Better Vim Or Vi? Have You Ever Used Them? / See My Twitter Website With React JS And Firebase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.