Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally (36829 Views)

We Married As Virgins - Couple Who Welcomed Triplets After 25 Years Of Marriage / 29-Year-Old Groom & His 28-Year-Old Bride Who Are Both Virgins Wed In Lagos / 7 Virgins: Man Who Married His Sister In Anambra Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Hisduchess(f): 7:27am On Nov 08, 2020
Hassanmaye:

You have a long way to go who has time to read long epistle in nijer? You need koboko

grin grin grin
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by crackhaus: 7:51am On Nov 08, 2020
angelfallz:

Virginity is not overrated, but that is just me.
It's not just you, I don't believe it's overrated too especially when you encounter it in a woman who has all the specs men would naturally die for.
It just means she is very strong-willed and principled in her dealings.

However, it's not like I've ever made it a criterion for female selection, but I remember one time I became friends with a virgin lady...she was 31 then and I honestly don't know why but I just got an awwwww feeling cheesy
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by rosemary21(f): 7:51am On Nov 08, 2020
All these guys supporting Mr Reno thinks that being a virgin woman in this 21st century is a walk in the park, that is the most difficult journey for a woman infact as days goes by you will start seeing reasons to give up because the truth remains that 90% of guys here will want to have sex with you before marriage.Thats why I will continue to advise that if as a young woman,you want to keep your virginity,let it be a decision between yourself and your God and not necessarily for a man cos that way it will help you overcome the pressures that you will face.moreso be ready to get married later than most of your mates cos to find someone who will actually believe you and also control his urge till your are married wouldn't be an easy race,forget all these yarns you are seeing here.Bride price is a traditional thing that gives a man an authority over a woman,so whether a woman is a virgin or not,I think every woman deserves that respect of her bride price being paid.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by kpokpo1(m): 8:06am On Nov 08, 2020
No need to imagine it. What happened was unimaginable.

Believe the Bible the word of God.

TecM0:
cool

That's because scripture was written by Arabs and Jews of the Middle East, and it is part of their own culture and custum 2000 years ago

Bride price is a cultural thing and it is dumb to jettison your own culture for Arab and Jewish culture

Just imagine if Biblical Joseph had insisted virgin Mary had a bastard since he never disvirgined her, and he had being close minded forming Alpha Male, will there be bases for religion, will Jesus had have such loving upbringing

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by chatinent: 8:41am On Nov 08, 2020
Beckysexy:
Hope you married your wife as a virgin? And I hope your children are virgins... if No, then shut the Bleep up.
Before you come here and start shaking unnecessary tables.
Nonsense undecided
PS- Don't quote me cause I won't be replying.

Why you dey vex?

No bi him do you na.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Flowerystar(f): 8:49am On Nov 08, 2020

Osnami
:
If we wan follow this law, all the girls wey dey nairaland no go get bride price

Speak for yourself and your family members.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by escapethecage: 9:51am On Nov 08, 2020
21st century thinking on marriage should be an elaborate feast without any form of tax called bride price, However, if your wife becomes confirmed as a virgin an expensive long lasting gift should be given to her for her victory over all the wild animals in every street of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by escapethecage: 9:59am On Nov 08, 2020
escapethecage:
21st century thinking on marriage should be an elaborate feast without any form of tax called bride price, However, if your wife becomes confirmed as a virgin an expensive long lasting gift should be given to her for her victory over all the wild animals in every street of the world.

Yes, an elaborate feast that friends and relations make the needed input just like the wedding in Cannan.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by edoairways: 10:02am On Nov 08, 2020
Hassanmaye:

You have a long way to go who has time to read long epistle in nijer? You need koboko
If only you digest the whole story and drop been lazy

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by MarthaGlobal: 10:10am On Nov 08, 2020
Why not accept that fornication is very bad and let's move on? Why are you trying to embarrass your self here? We are all guilty of what this man is saying.

To chock you: Those days in Yoruba culture, the night of your weeding, there will be a witness with a white cloth during the time the new couple wants to make first intercores to affirm that the bride was actually a virgine.

So, stop embarrassing your self by using Joseph and Mary as case study. Just agree that fornication is so so bad. Stop defending meritocracy which you know its wrong.
TecM0:
cool

That's because scripture was written by Arabs and Jews of the Middle East, and it is part of their own culture and custum 2000 years ago

Bride price is a cultural thing and it is dumb to jettison your own culture for Arab and Jewish culture

Just imagine if Biblical Joseph had insisted virgin Mary had a bastard since he never disvirgined her, and he had being close minded forming Alpha Male, will there be bases for religion, will Jesus had have such loving upbringing

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by real777(m): 10:45am On Nov 08, 2020
True talk. Personally I hate eating left over food and wearing second hand clothes and not because I have the money. Same way I detest ladies that pride themselves on huge body counts before marriage because to them it doesn't matter as long as there is always unlimited supply of Mr Nice Guy out there ready to sacrifice their life.

Fuckaholic boys/ men should always engage their whoring ladies. Some of us still have our moral discipline intact in the ocean of the so called decayed society. We're not angels...

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 08, 2020
Octopusssy:

You are repeating yourself. Bride price is paid in almost cultures world over, and the bible reflects this. Ancient Jewish customs says no bride price non-virgins, my own native African customs insist bride price must be paid regardless of sexual status.

End of story
Is that why you must become a public deposit....because ur culture insists that non virgins still get to have bride Price...paid for them...

And which culture be that self...cuz most African culture only started allowing such..with the wake of Western modernization....

This world Don spoil finish joor
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Osnami: 10:51am On Nov 08, 2020
Flowerystar:

Speak for yourself and your family members.
Why you dey vex na? Are you still intact?
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 08, 2020
rosemary21:
All these guys supporting Mr Reno thinks that being a virgin woman in this 21st century is a walk in the park, that is the most difficult journey for a woman infact as days goes by you will start seeing reasons to give up because the truth remains that 90% of guys here will want to have sex with you before marriage.Thats why I will continue to advise that if as a young woman,you want to keep your virginity,let it be a decision between yourself and your God and not necessarily for a man cos that way it will help you overcome the pressures that you will face.moreso be ready to get married later than most of your mates cos to find someone who will actually believe you and also control his urge till your are married wouldn't be an easy race,forget all these yarns you are seeing here.Bride price is a traditional thing that gives a man an authority over a woman,so whether a woman is a virgin or not,I think every woman deserves that respect of her bride price being paid.
As much as ..I want to send the message of Chastity in both women and men till marriage.....
I strongly agree with you...
Your points are very good....it's not easy at all....funny things is..most guys here are not even virgins...but they just want to enjoy slut shaming any girl they find who opposes Reno's statement here because lack of virginity and a life of promiscoucity shows more on a woman's body than in men.........it's not easy at all...these present generation is sadly wasted in immorality....

Aside from that....the truth is the truth...brideprice...the origin of brideprice is meant to be paid for virgins since time imemorial....young women..who were already "used or defiled " upon discovery on the marriage bed...were even killed....both in Bible days and in most African traditions....it's education and mordenization that has normalized everything

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Vivy75: 12:03pm On Nov 08, 2020
let your sisters or your lineage lead as example ...
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by penplus: 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2020
I hope you self marry as virgin

if not...your inlaws no suppose collect bride price from man way them don disvirgin

self-righteous don dey worry you >:
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by rosemary21(f): 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2020
Chidorx60:

As much as ..I want to send the message of Chastity in both women and men till marriage.....
I strongly agree with you...
Your points are very good....it's not easy at all....funny things is..most guys here are not even virgins...but they just want to enjoy slut shaming any girl they find who opposes Reno's statement here because lack of virginity and a life of promiscoucity shows more on a woman's body than in men.........it's not easy at all...these present generation is sadly wasted in immorality....

Aside from that....the truth is the truth...brideprice...the origin of brideprice is meant to be paid for virgins since time imemorial....young women..who were already "used or defiled " upon discovery on the marriage bed...were even killed....both in Bible days and in most African traditions....it's education and mordenization that has normalized everything

God bless you.that my contribution is from a personal experience so I can perfectly relate.This our generation is soooo sunk in immorality that any other is out of it,but God we see us through
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Onitola2: 3:11pm On Nov 08, 2020
Lovelies1:

Thanks for the info on USA

But sharia law and christian ideology is never the same so keep your ideology. Never you mix Christianity with Judaism.
lol, lobatan, so what's ur view on Judaism, enlighten me pls
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Kaytixy: 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2020
Angelfrost:

Okay... Here is the thing...

A lady's choice to stay celibate till the consummation of her marriage doesn't essentially or automatically make her more marriageable than the one that chooses not to...

It is certainly not a guarantee for marital stability and longevity!!!

While I respect a person's choice and ability to stay chaste till marriage, I will not place her far above those who failed to do the same.... There is more to life and character than sexual celibacy!!!
oga ur theory is dumb. Having sexual intercourse with a man who is not your husband is a great sin before God. A chaste woman is far better than someone who has thrown her to some guys out there
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Lovelies1: 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
Onitola2:
lol, lobatan, so what's ur view on Judaism, enlighten me pls

Christian are not part of sharia law, any law you saw in the bible was mosaic law, God law is in the spirit not law. Moses was a mortal man is effort trying to put the law out became a problem.

The main giver of the law JESUS CHRiST came down to fulfill the law, meaning there was no law but the word of God. The Word Of God is the way that pleases God and you abide in God and God in you.

In all your ways seek the Lord, never trust in your own wisdom. Have a cordial relationship with God in this you can have with all men.

The law and the spirit are not the same

You were born in your family. you don't need a law to keep you in unity with your Dad, mom and siblings you know how to strengthen things out and let love lead. Cause your family is base on blood from the heart.

We are born in to one family of Christ with our all in us, Jesus, so why do we need law to live together when our love is stronger than any.

So it's a brotherhood and sisterhood under one father, so everyone knows how to see another person as yourself
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by crackhaus: 4:54pm On Nov 08, 2020
escapethecage:
gringrin
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Angelfrost(m): 5:18pm On Nov 08, 2020
Kaytixy:
oga ur theory is dumb. Having sexual intercourse with a man who is not your husband is a great sin before God. A chaste woman is far better than someone who has thrown her to some guys out there

You term a theory dumb, yet your response is completely out of point with respect to what was posted... You even failed badly to stay in context.

Mention where I said fornication is better than virginity... Please, clearly point it out.

I merely stated the fact or obvious... Virginity in all its blessedness, doesn't necessarily mean or guarantee a happy marital union. The ingredients for a blissful marriage transcend celibacy.

Next time, fully comprehend a submission before attacking so subjectively. There is more to life than religious inclinations. Cheers!
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Onitola2: 5:48pm On Nov 08, 2020
Lovelies1:

Christian are not part of sharia law, any law you saw in the bible was mosaic law, God law is in the spirit not law. Moses was a mortal man is effort trying to put the law out became a problem.

The main giver of the law JESUS CHRiST came down to fulfill the law, meaning there was no law but the word of God. The Word Of God is the way that pleases God and you abide in God and God in you.

In all your ways seek the Lord, never trust in your own wisdom. Have a cordial relationship with God in this you can have with all men.

The law and the spirit are not the same

You were born in your family. you don't need a law to keep you in unity with your Dad, mom and siblings you know how to strengthen things out and let love lead. Cause your family is base on blood from the heart.

We are born in to one family of Christ with our all in us, Jesus, so why do we need law to live together when our love is stronger than any.

So it's a brotherhood and sisterhood under one father, so everyone knows how to see another person as yourself
does that mean Christianity is lawless because every religion ( society ) has its own law.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Lovelies1: 6:38pm On Nov 08, 2020
Onitola2:
does that mean Christianity is lawless because every religion ( society ) has its own law.

Please in your family which law do you practice in your family
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by HotPoundedYam(m): 6:50pm On Nov 08, 2020
PastorandMentor:
I agree with Reno.
All this girls with big hole waiting for bride price is a crime.
What should i pay for? Used hole?
You are joking.
Long before i married my wife, I always tell myself that it's either a virgin or i remain single or a single father.
Finally married a virgin.
Non virgins need or deserve no bride price.
They are loosed people grin
what about those who were raped or lost their virginity due to engaging in stressful activities
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by prophetfire: 7:07pm On Nov 08, 2020
Beckysexy:
Hope you married your wife as a virgin? And I hope your children are virgins... if No, then shut the Bleep up.
Before you come here and start shaking unnecessary tables.
Nonsense undecided
PS- Don't quote me cause I won't be replying.
. People wet their puna don too wide don dey vex now. grin grin grin angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Onitola2: 7:13pm On Nov 08, 2020
Lovelies1:

Please in your family which law do you practice in your family
Islamic law, where it's applicable ( like morals ) civil law where it's applicable.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by PastorandMentor(m): 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2020
Too many women lie using the word I WAS RAPED just so you feel pity for them. Notwithstanding, their cases are different.
In Port Harcourt where i grew up before i moved to the states, even a 13 year old girl is sexually active and has consciously lost her virginity.. Sex there means nothing to them.
Port Harcourt and Bayelsa and some parts of Delta state.
HotPoundedYam:
what about those who were raped or lost their virginity due to engaging in stressful activities
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Lovelies1: 9:13am On Nov 09, 2020
Onitola2:
Islamic law, where it's applicable ( like morals ) civil law where it's applicable.

Love in all, one body under Christ.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Onitola2: 3:47pm On Nov 09, 2020
Lovelies1:

but I'm confused by what u said that the laws in Bible are for jews but Jesus came to enforce them, yet u said the laws are not for Christians.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Onitola2: 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2020
Lovelies1:

but I don't understand what you mean by saying that the laws in the Bible are for jews but Jesus came to enforce them, yet u said that the laws are not for Christians.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Lovelies1: 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2020
Onitola2:
but I don't understand what you mean by saying that the laws in the Bible are for jews but Jesus came to enforce them, yet u said that the laws are not for Christians.

Read the pictures am still sending me but start from sequentially

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Deportee In Tears As Only Son Dies, Wife Marries Best Friend (pic) / Late Alao Akala Dancing On His Last Birthday (Video) / Where There's Will, There's Is A Way(photo)...Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.