Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi (51869 Views)

A Tribe Called Judah: Sanwo-Olu Called Out For Copying Atiku, Deletes Post / #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Suspends State Functions For Three Days / EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by shugabasbn: 7:02am On Nov 08, 2020
I have to save the page. Not only for me but for future reference and future generations.

From Sanwo Olu to Bello n others, it's really big shame.

The only guy I felt little pity for is Tinubu, it seems he was innocent.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by Tonniex: 7:03am On Nov 08, 2020
Lies upon lies.... this nig army self
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by specialmati(m): 7:03am On Nov 08, 2020
cool nawa ooh from one lie to another.the devil thought he was a liar until he came to Nigeria and meet idiotic liars.mumu zombies over to una make una come defend una pay.
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by naija4life247: 7:03am On Nov 08, 2020
SaiOba:
Why do I feel this Army lying script was written by Liar Moha if you put med na you sabi.

Are you talking of Layiwola from Kwara State?
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by mhktaryan: 7:07am On Nov 08, 2020
ZhiosonWind:
The question should be who ordered the soldiers to be at the toll gate and how could blank bullets kill 2 people. Because sanwolu confirmed 2 people were killed
they would tell u dt those 2 people dt died had health issues
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by Oizee(f): 7:08am On Nov 08, 2020
Keep contradicting una selves
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by shugabasbn: 7:09am On Nov 08, 2020
ote author=priceaction post=95804784]You see that this order came from top and above. The story and defence line contradicted. You were shooting at someone, yet you awere giving them water and they started jubilating. Some people no get conscience. Broad light lieing...
Tinubu and sanwolu may be innocent after all . For a general to open up that the governor called him that one, (emphasis on a certain col) col. Bello was shooting at the protesters means that he might not be aware of the shootings or the invasion.
People need to understand that no matter how people twist stories, truth will always prevail one day.
And recently I saw how fake news always generate and move faster. When they asked military, who ordered the shootings, then many sensational headlines and their reply was that sanwolu called us to deal with the end SARS protesters, main while according to what they referred to, it was after the lekki shootings that sanwolu claimed he invited the military when he said he couldn't talk to bubu for 2x and the cabals directed army chief to talk to him later claiming it was from president. They cleverly dogged who shot at the protesters. A lot of people including the elites fell for their tricks to confuse us, and the fake defence generated faster.
It was after the shooting, that turned violent for days that the military intervened to return to normalcy and governor was aware of that and not before the shootings. Then they dodged who started the shooting... .
Now truth gradually coming out. Col. Bello will always get an order from somewhere. If they really want to get who ordered him, it's only for them to track the call log that day.

Someone from above pulled the call to the base, after seen what they did to those protesters in Abuja. Its so unfortunate, there aim now will be to frustrate the panel and make it crumble. They have started by freezing those accounts to frustrate the truth.
Youths will come out stronger. And using force to supress them will only worsen the situation sooner or later. [/quote]

But why Sanwo Olu denied initially, why faking the news of Soldiers shooting
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by Zyxzzzz: 7:11am On Nov 08, 2020
where stone Dy for lekki toll gate? grin

This useless people go just open their mouth waaaa like say na kids Dem Dy talk to

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by shugabasbn: 7:13am On Nov 08, 2020
The Commander, 9 Brigade, Nigerian Army, Brig Gen Musa Etsu-Ndagi, representing the Nigerian Army on the Lagos State Security Council, has said he received a phone call from the Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, around 7.23pm on October 20,2020 informing him that a certain Lt Col Bello was reportedly shooting at the Lekki tollgate where #EndSARS protesters were gathered.

Etsu-Ndagi said he immediately called Bello, who is the Commanding Officer, 65 Battalion, Bonny Camp, Victoria Island, and he (Bello) told him that he only fired blank ammunition into the air.

'And Sanwo-olu knew'
But he was not the one da asked for assistance.
In fact he was ignorance of soldier present

The top Nigerian Army officers insisted that soldiers never shot at or killed anyone and there was no massacre at the Lekki tollgate on the night of October 20.

'Military denied involvement at the beginning.
Later from Sanwo-olu 2 people died.

From Punch n Premium news there's present of live cartridges and one guy was even shot on chest showing receiving treatment in hospital'

Bello said the protesters were, in fact, happy to see the soldiers at the tollgate, adding that he personally offered the protesters water and drinks while persuading them to go home and observe the 24-hour curfew declared by the Lagos State Government.

'hmmm, I doubt this, average Nigerian afraid of Military personnels. And civilians won't knw the different between d sound of live ammunition n blank ammunition. Gun shot is gun shot as far as civilians are concerned.
But to be frank, if the guns are directed straight to the prostesters the casuality would have bn more than what we got.

They said on arrival at the tollgate, they were being pelted with stones and broken bottles and that in response all they did was fire blank ammunition into the air to disperse the crowd

And our Soldiers offering water to the people the pelting them with stones and broken bottles.
Maybe it is not the same military men we knew again. Even me as a civilian someone that stoned me I can't do the same

“At this point, stones and sticks were being thrown at us. Then I moved to a safe area and briefed General Officer Commanding 81 Division, Maj Gen Godwin Ahamefuna Umelo by phone

I don tell u say Nigeria is a wonderful country.
I think dey sud just tap the call log of Omata n Godwin. The details of Lekki will be make clearer

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by Difrent: 7:15am On Nov 08, 2020
OfficialAwol:

Don't mind the fools. They think every Nigerian is a dead brain zombie like the idiots on Nairaland.

At one point he claimed he offered water to protesters and asked them to go home and observe the curfew and protesters were happy to see the army.

The same people are claiming at another point that the army met a hostile crowd of protesters and hoodlums who pelted the army with water and broken bottles.

The question now is, how did you know a "hostile" crowd was happy to see the army?

Second, how were able to offer water to a "hostile" crowd since you met a hostile situation as aggravated by Col. Bello which made you start firing "blank" bullets?

You see the inconsistency in their. They cant even lie properly.

you see why so many people dont even know what to make of the Lekki situation....so many inconsistencies from both sides.........the question that begs to be answered is WHAT WAS THE REASON WHY PEOPLE WERE DELIBERATELY SPREADING FAKE PICTURES AND DOCTORED VIDEOS TO PROVE AN EVENT THAT HAPPENED?......as far as the protesters and their twitter 'influenzas' cant explain this, the government is right to think theres a deliberate act of sabotage and there was NO MASSACRE.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by SaiOba: 7:15am On Nov 08, 2020
datola:
Sanwo-Olu is a passionate leader and couldn't have ordered shooting of peaceful protesters.

Yes oooo.. A very passionate leader indeed and that is the main reason he invited the MILITARY to guild the peaceful protesters immediately he was told that some of the CCTV cameras have been removed.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by simple250: 7:16am On Nov 08, 2020
[quote author=Zyxzzzz post=95806188]where stone Dy for lekki toll gate? grin

This useless people go just open their mouth waaaa like say na kids Dem Dy talk to
[/quote

Protesters carry DIGGER to DIG the interlocking tiles pieces erm to stone beging take erm stone army now ..
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by Dede1(m): 7:21am On Nov 08, 2020
Does Nigeria have storage of blank ammunition?
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by SaiOba: 7:21am On Nov 08, 2020
Zyxzzzz:
where stone Dy for lekki toll gate? grin

Bro, have you forgotten so quick that one GrandPa actor turned politician say we are children? cheesy
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by nthony10: 7:21am On Nov 08, 2020
So much pride and confidence in their impunity. It's sad that the military can stoop this low to lie and give a false narrative all in a bid to save their face.

They are busy attacking civilians who are not armed while the north east and north west have been overrun by terrorist groups running freely and killing innocent citizens.

God will Judge them all.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by Difrent: 7:22am On Nov 08, 2020
naija4life247:
Definitely Buhari will not die well.

However if live ammunition were fired at about 5,000 or more protesters, God forbid, my brother we will be talking of hundreds of dead bodies ooo. But I think government should have come out to admit shooting blank ammunition to disperse protesters. With the different stories government have told us in the last couple of weeks on this same incidence, how do we know what to believe now?

so many inconsistencies from both sides, both sides is trying to cover something......
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by BigBashiru: 7:24am On Nov 08, 2020
EricBloodAxe:
I didn't know blank ammunitions are now used to scare crowds of protesters away plus this statement lacks the basic information which the investigating panel and Nigerians need to know which is, "who ordered the army to be present at the lekki tollgate to disperse the protesters"?
Telling us that Lt Col Bello who commands 65 battalion bonny camp was shooting blanks at the tollgate is not the answer. We need to know who ordered Lt Col Bello to the tollgate in the first instance.

It isn't possible to fire "blank" ammunition... ammunition is loaded by default.
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by SaiOba: 7:25am On Nov 08, 2020
naija4life247:

Are you talking of Layiwola from Kwara State?

cheesy
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by bluecircle470: 7:26am On Nov 08, 2020
I’ve always said this and would keep on saying it, the soldiers didn’t fire live bullets. It was just a rubber bullets. There was nothing like massacre that night. Let’s use our brain

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by ChiefSosa(m): 7:28am On Nov 08, 2020
I HAVE ZERO SYMPATHY FOR ANY HOODLUM(S)... I HATE THEM WITH PASSION.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by mkoabiola: 7:32am On Nov 08, 2020
Honestly, I shed tears reading this callous attitude of the govt in power.

It is a sorry state we find ourselves
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by yahmohy27: 7:36am On Nov 08, 2020
EricBloodAxe:
I didn't know blank ammunitions are now used to scare crowds of protesters away plus this statement lacks the basic information which the investigating panel and Nigerians need to know which is, "who ordered the army to be present at the lekki tollgate to disperse the protesters"?
Telling us that Lt Col Bello who commands 65 battalion bonny camp was shooting blanks at the tollgate is not the answer. We need to know who ordered Lt Col Bello to the tollgate in the first instance.
John Yakubu was the one
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by Farki: 7:38am On Nov 08, 2020
What kind of lie is this?

Bello said he went there by 6:45 and the protest was already violent but he later gave the protesters drinks to get them to leave.
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by yahmohy27: 7:39am On Nov 08, 2020
mbaise1000:
people certainly will not accept this explanation, they should have said that IPOB AND KANU did the shooting and I am 97% sure that 97% of the people would have accepted it.

No they want to hear either Sanwolu Or Buhari did,I think

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by SaiOba: 7:39am On Nov 08, 2020
One foooool above me said the soldiers didnt fire live bullets and me I say the hoodlums didnt go there with guns.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by yahmohy27: 7:40am On Nov 08, 2020
Farki:
What kind of lie is this?

Bello said he went there by 6:45 and the protest was already violent but he later gave the protesters drinks to get them to leave.

Those given water were those that are sitting peacefully.
Oh! Before nko do you want to hear I shot the protesters

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by Okoroawusa: 7:42am On Nov 08, 2020
Please let me ask

Is Lagos the only state that has set up a panel of judicial inquiry so far in Nigeria after the wanton loss of life and properties following the#ENDSARS protests?

Why is they so much concentration on Lagos?

Why are there no news from other states' panels even in places where there were so much loss of lives with pictures n videos as evidence?

Get us reports from your state's panel and leave Lagos alone!!!

Hypocrites!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by blackgold2018(m): 7:43am On Nov 08, 2020
ivolt:
Even Sanwo-olu was almost fooled because of the of the various fake videos about "massacre". Several standby actors released videos crying about protesters being killed in drove. Some were even cursing from their rooms and streaming their tears live on facebook.

The most annoying one was one guy who claimed that "they are killing us here at Lekki" in a blurry video while standing just a few meters from live gunshots. Who was he? a bullet resistant superman. He was clearly a poorly trained propagandist.

One devilish liar claimed 78 people died and continue to revise down the number. They were removing bullets with fingernails claimed another trained liar. In what part of the real world do civilians remove bullets from a gunshot wound?

These power hungry sponsored anarchists changed a real shooting event into a fake massacre to take over the government through the backdoor. They failed and are now cooking another plan for the weeks ahead.

you are a fool. If you reside in Lagos. Residents all over Lagos cried(emotions) at the night of the shooting.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by tesppidd: 7:43am On Nov 08, 2020
They keep on saying the army lied.

The stories don't add up.

The army claimed there was no shooting.

The army claimed they were not there.

It is obvious that not more than 2 or 3 people died at Lekki.

Surely every life matters, just like the people that died at other parts of Lagos, the people that died at Oyigbo in Rivers, the police and army that died..

But I see people who are very desperate for that word "massacre" to remain in the news.

That is the reason why they desperately desire this Lekki incident to remain a special one amongst the numerous incidents that occurred thoughout the period of the protests.

There was a massacre, there was a massacre; Who are the people that were massacred? What are their names? Where are their friends and family?
This Is the simplest mistery to solve.

Sure the military has been inconsistent with their accounts of events; but it's obvious they are trying to save face for their professional misconduct and being responsible for the 2 deaths in whatever way.

There should be a a holistic and comprehensive inquest into the violence that greeted the end SARS protests across the country;
And all those found culpable should be punished; From the protesters to the thugs to the millitary.

Every life matters but Lekki incident is not special in anyway.

There was no massacre!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by yahmohy27: 7:44am On Nov 08, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Please let me ask

Is Lagos the only state that has set up a panel of judicial inquiry so far in Nigeria after the wanton loss of life and properties following the#ENDSARS protests?

Why is they so much concentration on Lagos?

Why are there no news from other states' panels even in places where there were so much loss of lives with pictures n videos as evidence?

Get us reports from your state's panel and leave Lagos alone!!!

Hypocrites!!!
I wonder oo!
Almost all the Govs where protest took place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi by SmartyPants(m): 7:44am On Nov 08, 2020
OfficialAwol:

Don't mind the fools. They think every Nigerian is a dead brain zombie like the idiots on Nairaland.

At one point he claimed he offered water to protesters and asked them to go home and observe the curfew and protesters were happy to see the army.

The same people are claiming at another point that the army met a hostile crowd of protesters and hoodlums who pelted the army with water and broken bottles.

The question now is, how did you know a "hostile" crowd was happy to see the army?

Second, how were able to offer water to a "hostile" crowd since you met a hostile situation as aggravated by Col. Bello which made you start firing "blank" bullets?

You see the inconsistency in their. They cant even lie properly.

But they both stayed that the peaceful protest was infiltrated by hoodlums.

Didn't you see that? Do you think it's fair to ignore that just to build a narrative?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Policeman Spotted Repairing His Gun At A Welder's Workshop. Photos / Tinubu Show Off His Dancing Skills After Inspecting APC Campaign Headquarters / APC National Convention: Consensus Exclusive List (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.