Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

You have to turn a new leaf to make heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You have to turn a new leaf to make heaven (293 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons / RCCG Pastor: "Dangote Will Not Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You have to turn a new leaf to make heaven by tobechi74: 7:43am On Nov 08, 2020
Except one is born again…….

The message of born again has been misinterpreted in various ways. Today, to be born again simply means mumuring certain words of accepting Jesus into one life.

A newly born child is oblivious of the status quo. He has no belief, no knowledge, nothing. As he grows,he is influenced by teachers,parents, clergy etc . He becomes a conformist to the society expectation. He looses his identity . He takes on the words,dress, religion, pleasure of his fellow .

To make heaven on Earth,the first step is to loosen our grip on all we think. Let go of your opinion, morality, deeply held belief. All these make up the false self. To be born again is to scrape off the false self , the society- taught way of thinking and open oneself to a new one. By dying to our old self, we let go of all previous teaching we have ever received. A born again person experience a change in perspective. It seems his values is turned upside down. He takes on a new personality and mindset. He leaves old friends. The world around him no longer make sence. Things you used to enjoy no longer serve you. You tend to spend more time alone.

Anyone who has never changed his core beliefs or religion is yet to die to his old self. Dying to old self is prerequisite to a new birth. A seed has to be buried to the ground before it can germinate. Many atheist and agnostic are dead to their old self. They are one step ahead than most of us who are yet to question our belief. The second step is observation. Not one created by someone else but one based on his own seeking and experience. A born again person does not take things because it is repeated by many or asserted by majority or written in a holy book. He listens to all side and filters them based on his reason and experience.

Born again persons are original in thoughts and deed. He is saperated from the mass . To be born again comes with a price of violating recognises order. This lead to grave consequences including death .
Re: You have to turn a new leaf to make heaven by sagieramos(m): 8:23am On Nov 08, 2020
All this write-up with no Bible reference?
Re: You have to turn a new leaf to make heaven by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:31am On Nov 08, 2020
Being born again means dying the things of the flesh, but coming alive to the things of Spirit.

It's not in the sense of this world as you wrongly called it, but in the sense of the Kingdom of God. So the orientation of those who are born again is not of as those of this world but as those of the kingdom of God.

It's mean living the life of the spirit despite being flesh and in this world.

It means being in the world but not of the world but of God.

It means being and humbling one's self like a little child before God, where every knowledge one has which goes contrary to the knowledge of God would become ignorance. So the person would be an empty vessel as an ignorant little child before God, so that God could fill him up with true knowledge.

It means being led of the Spirit of God, and not being led of the flesh.

So anyone that is worldly and reasons like those of this world is not born again.

God bless.
Re: You have to turn a new leaf to make heaven by Kobojunkie: 8:35am On Nov 08, 2020
sagieramos:
All this write-up with no Bible reference?
Jesus Christ spoke at leant of these things.
tobechi74:
A newly born child is oblivious of the status quo. He has no belief, no knowledge, nothing. As he grows,he is influenced by teachers,parents, clergy etc . He becomes a conformist to the society expectation. He looses his identity . He takes on the words,dress, religion, pleasure of his fellow .
All this has to be gotten rid of if one has any real ambitions of Heaven

Matthew 14 vs 23-24
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23. Then he said, “The truth is, you must change your thinking and become like little children. If you don’t do this, you will never enter God’s kingdom.
24. The greatest person in God’s kingdom is the one who makes himself humble like this child.

tobechi74:
To make heaven on Earth,the first step is to loosen our grip on all we think. Let go of your opinion, morality, deeply held belief. All these make up the false self. To be born again is to scrape off the false self , the society- taught way of thinking and open oneself to a new one. By dying to our old self, we let go of all previous teaching we have ever received. A born again person experience a change in perspective. It seems his values is turned upside down. He takes on a new personality and mindset. He leaves old friends. The world around him no longer make sence. Things you used to enjoy no longer serve you. You tend to spend more time alone.

Matthew 10 vs 34-39
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.[h]
35. I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law.
36. Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37. “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.
38. Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me are not worthy of me.
39. Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life.

tobechi74:
Anyone who has never changed his core beliefs or religion is yet to die to his old self. Dying to old self is prerequisite to a new birth. A seed has to be buried to the ground before it can germinate. Many atheist and agnostic are dead to their old self. They are one step ahead than most of us who are yet to question our belief. The second step is observation. Not one created by someone else but one based on his own seeking and experience. A born again person does not take things because it is repeated by many or asserted by majority or written in a holy book. He listens to all side and filters them based on his reason and experience.
Born again persons are original in thoughts and deed. He is saperated from the mass . To be born again comes with a price of violating recognises order. This lead to grave consequences including death .
cheesy Obedience is key in all of this.

Live by Seeking First the Will of God (The Kingdom of God, and His Righteousness) in all things... Dying to self also means ceding control over your life/destiny to God so His Will can envelop your will in all things.

Matthew 6 vs 25-34
25. “So I tell you, don’t worry about the things you need to live—what you will eat, drink, or wear. Life is more important than food, and the body is more important than what you put on it.
26. Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or save food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. Don’t you know you are worth much more than they are?
27. You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.
28. “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the wildflowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves.
29. But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.
30. If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? It’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!
31. “Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
32. That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things.
33. What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.
34. So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries.
Re: You have to turn a new leaf to make heaven by tobechi74: 7:50am On Dec 06, 2020

(1) (Reply)

My Testimony; It Happened Just Now / Get N30K Or More This December For Doing Some Little Things With Your Phones / People Whose Religions Forbid Christmas Celebration Have This In Common

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.