Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Man Proposes, God Disposes! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Proposes, God Disposes! (455 Views)

Man Proposes To Girlfriend As She Takes Worship During Church Service (Video) / RCCG Member Proposes To A Sister In Church, In Front Of Congregation (Video) / Man Proposes To Lady At Shiloh 2017: Miracle Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Proposes, God Disposes! by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:12am On Nov 08, 2020
Man Proposes, God Disposes!

Even a true man or prophet of God can get it wrong a times. But that only happens when their position or view was inspired of the flesh and not the Spirit.

But the difference with true men or prophets of God, is that they are led by the Spirit of God, so even when they get it wrong, the Spirit of God is there to correct them and lead them aright. And whenever that happens they always abandon the position or view of their flesh and go with that of the Spirit of God.

That's how Samuel got it wrong with Eliab thinking he was God's chosen one, yet didn't go ahead to anoint him as king of Israel but anointed David instead. 1 Samuel 16:6-13

That's how Ananias got it wrong with Paul formerly known as Saul, thinking he wasn't among God's chosen ones, yet he still prayed for him to receive the Holy Ghost. Acts 9:10-18

These are examples from the Bible I believe that Christians of today could do well to borrow a leaf from, because once they get it wrong, they hardly get it right again. And the reason they get it wrong is because most of them allow themselves to be led by the flesh, and not the Spirit of God. So even when He corrects them, they hardly heed His corrections as the above examples when they get it wrong.

That's the reason they got it completely wrong about Donald Trump, because they were driven by the sentiments of their flesh and not God, so even when it became glaring that their position and view concerning his reelection wasn't of God, they still held on to it, hence their disappointment.

Despite the fact i wasn't a fan of Donald Trump because of his many excesses and haughtiness, i still wanted him to win because of some of his policies, hence I saw him as a better candidate of the two options. And after he contracted but still beat the deadly covid-19 virus, I thought it was a sign of things to come, that he would beat his opposition in the upcoming US elections.

But a voice which i now believe to be the Spirit of God told me he was going to lose. Hence despite that i wanted him to win for obvious reasons, when it became clear that he'd lose, I wasn't surprised or moved,

This is because I have learnt not to be driven by personal sentiments but by the Spirit of God, because I want to be in sync with God as Jesus was. And Jesus was always in sync with God because He was always led of the Spirit of God and never the flesh.

This was the reason He was perfect and never made any mistake, so I believe that for anyone to be able to achieve similar results, the best way is to follow His perfect example and be led of God's Spirit and not the flesh.

Hence i believe the example of Christ is that which Christians ought to follow if they also want to be getting it right as Christ did.

God bless.
Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by obonujoker(m): 9:24am On Nov 08, 2020
I wish many Christians listen to this

1 Like

Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by tobechi74: 9:31am On Nov 08, 2020
Anyone who has never changed his core beliefs or religion is yet to die to his old self. Dying to old self is prerequisite to a new birth. A seed has to be buried to the ground before it can germinate. Many atheist and agnostic are dead to their old self. They are one step ahead than most of us who are yet to question our belief. The second step is observation. Not one created by someone else but one based on his own seeking and experience. A born again person does not take things because it is repeated by many or asserted by majority or written in a holy book. He listens to all side and filters them based on his reason and experience.

Born again persons are original in thoughts and deed. He is saperated from the mass . To be born again comes with a price of violating recognises order. This lead to grave consequences including death .
Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:27pm On Nov 08, 2020
obonujoker:
I wish many Christians listen to this
It's not what they want to hear.
Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by LordReed(m): 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2020
[quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=95809273][b]Hence despite that i wanted him to win for obvious reasons, /quote]

I would like to know what these obvious reasons are.
Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:52pm On Nov 08, 2020
LordReed:

You obviously know the obvious reasons so why ask?
Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by LordReed(m): 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
You obviously know the obvious reasons so why ask?

No I don't that's why I am asking.
Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:20am On Nov 09, 2020
LordReed:

No I don't that's why I am asking.
If you say you don't know, same to you.
Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by LordReed(m): 7:34am On Nov 09, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
If you say you don't know, same to you.

What does this mean?
Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:36am On Nov 09, 2020
LordReed:

What does this mean?
If you ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:44am On Nov 10, 2020
God is not man!
Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:37am On Nov 11, 2020
Man Is not God!
Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by jesusjnr1: 8:07am On Nov 12, 2020
Man is Man!
Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:20am On Nov 13, 2020
God is God!
Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:46am On Nov 14, 2020
The Lord would have His way at the end.
Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:31am On Nov 15, 2020
God knows what He's doing.
Re: Man Proposes, God Disposes! by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:09am On Nov 17, 2020
Let the Lord have His way.

(1) (Reply)

Deeper Life. A Holy Cult? Young W.f Vs Old W.f / Grace Nation Church Minna, Niger State / Today Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Celebrates His 50th Birthday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.