Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

#EndSARS Protests: Everyday, I Pray For God To Forgive My Attackers– Oba Akiolu - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / #EndSARS Protests: Everyday, I Pray For God To Forgive My Attackers– Oba Akiolu (414 Views)

Meet 50 Obas Who Rule Lagos With Oba Rilwan Akiolu / I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu / Ex-oba Of Benin’s Blessings Aided Lagos Development – Akiolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSARS Protests: Everyday, I Pray For God To Forgive My Attackers– Oba Akiolu by nairavsdollars(f): 4:56pm On Nov 08, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu on Sunday said he has forgiven those who attacked his palace in the aftermath of the #EndSARS protest and has been praying to God everyday to forgive them also.

He also asked South-West governors to come together and deliberate on the challenges they are facing in the region and present it to President Muhammadu Buhari, whom he said is ‘a listening president’.

The monarch made the remark at the meeting between South-West stakeholders and traditional rulers, convened to proffer solution to the destructions done to the South-West region, held at the Banquet Hall of Lagos House, Alausa, Ikeja.

Oba Akiolu who also called for decentralisation of powers said the powers wielded by the federal government is to excessive and that more powers should be given to state governors to tackle insecurity crisis in their respective states

He said “The truth is very, very bitter. The reason why we are here is to find lasting solution to what has happened. Insha Allahu, it will not happen again. I want to seize this opportunity to thank and pray to Almighty Allah for our present governor (Babajide Sanwo-Olu)” .
“He was battling with COVID-19 before this unfortunate incident happened. Every day, I pray to God and said ‘Father forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing’.

“A former Head of State in this country once said statesmen think of growth and development while politicians think of next election”.

“The power to the federal government is too much. Let them commit more powers to the states. Three or five years ago, I told Azubuike Ihejirika, he is still very much alive today; that the security architecture of this country needs to be rebuilt”.
https://www.independent.ng/endsars-protests-everyday-i-pray-for-god-to-forgive-my-attackers-oba-akiolu/

Re: #EndSARS Protests: Everyday, I Pray For God To Forgive My Attackers– Oba Akiolu by Acekidc4(m): 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2020
You pray for your attackers everyday for God's forgiveness on them abiHuh King Prophet.....Have you ask for forgiveness from GOD on your own sef.....dey dere dey form Woli...we know your type.......Iranu King
Re: #EndSARS Protests: Everyday, I Pray For God To Forgive My Attackers– Oba Akiolu by DesignYourLogo: 5:00pm On Nov 08, 2020
Peace is the way to go
Re: #EndSARS Protests: Everyday, I Pray For God To Forgive My Attackers– Oba Akiolu by Authority1o1(m): 5:00pm On Nov 08, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos
President
Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu on Sunday said he has forgiven those who attacked his palace in the aftermath of the #ENDSARS protest.

Okay...

But he pretty much doesn't have a choice, you know. It's the people he hoarded palliatives from that are in the right position to forgive,not him.

So,whether he forgives or not doesn't make much change.
Re: #EndSARS Protests: Everyday, I Pray For God To Forgive My Attackers– Oba Akiolu by helinues: 5:03pm On Nov 08, 2020
May be na Karma paid you a visit
Re: #EndSARS Protests: Everyday, I Pray For God To Forgive My Attackers– Oba Akiolu by duduade: 5:04pm On Nov 08, 2020
Ojuigo Oba...

Have you asked God to forgive you of all your utterances and sins first

You need to ponder on that o
Re: #EndSARS Protests: Everyday, I Pray For God To Forgive My Attackers– Oba Akiolu by Yobabad: 5:08pm On Nov 08, 2020
When they could have done better than the did ?
Re: #EndSARS Protests: Everyday, I Pray For God To Forgive My Attackers– Oba Akiolu by Scream(m): 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2020
IDP Oba...
Re: #EndSARS Protests: Everyday, I Pray For God To Forgive My Attackers– Oba Akiolu by jidamsel43(m): 5:14pm On Nov 08, 2020
No sane Yoruba youth will desecrate the sanctity of the palace of Oba in Yorubaland.
I pity them and their generations because of the wrath of gods that they have invited on themselves
Re: #EndSARS Protests: Everyday, I Pray For God To Forgive My Attackers– Oba Akiolu by osuulola(m): 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2020
Everyday?

Whao!

Thank God for them. They've made a prayer warrior out of an Ọba.

Who did this?

Hoodlums!
Re: #EndSARS Protests: Everyday, I Pray For God To Forgive My Attackers– Oba Akiolu by Oshin56(m): 7:36pm On Nov 08, 2020
jidamsel43:
No sane Yoruba youth will desecrate the sanctity of the palace of Oba in Yorubaland.
I pity them and their generations because of the wrath of gods that they have invited on themselves
bro that was then, many problems that Nigeria are facing now all this Kings know about it and they all pretend as if nothing is happening. They can ask the government to find solution to it but they will not and when the problem starts to arise they will be the first target because they are close to the people.
Re: #EndSARS Protests: Everyday, I Pray For God To Forgive My Attackers– Oba Akiolu by nairavsdollars(f): 9:12pm On Nov 08, 2020
Lmao...prayer warrior onye ara
osuulola:
Everyday?

Whao!

Thank God for them. They've made a prayer warrior out of an Ọba.

Who did this?

Hoodlums!
Re: #EndSARS Protests: Everyday, I Pray For God To Forgive My Attackers– Oba Akiolu by NobleAngell(f): 9:23pm On Nov 08, 2020
Well, perhaps you just got served.

(1) (Reply)

Fuelless Generator / Why Do People Use The Name Of Their Community As Surname / Yorùbá Discord|ẹgbẹ́ Ọmọ Odùduwà

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.