Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:42 PM

Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! (1977 Views)

Let’s Laugh Together And Also Learn From My Funny Experience / Mechanic Killed In Adamawa As Tree Falls On His Car While He Was Working On It / Working On A Clients Car, An Then I Saw This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by mrcoolautofix(m): 8:09am On Nov 09, 2020
Hello pals, I have a terrible experience which I am still going through the pains currently,
I have Been hearing about customers using police to hunt after electricians who worked on their vw for obvious reasons car not working as contacted after completion,

Guys or men will not lie to defraud you after fixing up their car, I have not come across such guys. I am not saying there isn't.

But in this case It will be a mechanic hunting down vw car owner for not paying up after successfull fix of her car after working on the car for a month and some days,

working on Volkswagen jetta Fsi 1.6l 2006 this job took me a month to get this car that's in bad shape rocking like Belgium, I worked on this car day and night including on Sundays, the owner of this car who goes by name Linda, didn't visit my garage from the day one till the completion of the job, on the day she is to pick the car, she came with somw set of folks who have no right sense of reasoning to intimidate me, this took place on 4th Nov 2020

My outstanding balance of 130k which came from money I spent from my purse as agreed that upon completion of the job, this money will be dully paid before pick up, 

She turned and came with strange set of folks to intimidate me to cut 60k off my outstanding balance to pay 70k instalmentally..

She and her Co company claimed that 210k that she provided for the job was more than enough to replace the engine that cost 110k for Belgium, ac system rejuvenation that cost 45k transmission system full services that cost 28k roughly, purchase of right rear tire of 7k, brand new crank position sensor that cost 10k, brake fluid complete replacements and bleeding that cost 5k wheel balancing and alignment 2k headlight wiring correction & fitment that cost 7k brand new 75 amps battery that cost 24k transport inclusive trunk lift gate rear accesment fix of 6k fuel door housing and push switch that cost 8k headlamp control switch that cost 14,500 cos of fuel purchase during the period of one month roughly 6k without cost of at least 8 times difference scanning for accurate diagnosis and fix..

If you summed this figure together, and minuse the 210k that she paid on a condition that I should use my finance to complete the job and every outstanding she will pay before pick up, 

The reason for breaking this issue down is to let you put your self in my position and secondary bearing in mind what would have happened if I run away with her money or car without doing the job as agreed.. 

I know most people who are electrician of. volkswagen are constantly hunted by police from car owners after job completion due to bad job, 

Here in my case the job was perfectly fixed and now paying up is her nightmares, 

I want you guys to learn from my mistakes of being lineant and considerate as to use my money to getting this job completed and instead of saying thanks while paying up, she is framing up lies about damage of already cracked windshield & intermittent working horn..

My candid advice is, before fixing any woman or lady car, 
get her to pen down what she wants you to do and sign, 
collect 100% of agreed payment before the starting the job,
Lastly don't don't do any job that she didn't pay you for,
If there is any new developments, or if you have started the job and the money got exhausted on the job, stop and get her to pay, it's safer if she pays you upfront than agreements of paying later.. 

I know Most of you would say why did I let her go with her car when she hasn't paid? I have bad friends and coworkers insisting I trust the heartless inhumane lady..

This is my forth year as auto technician, I am saying men don't do this but it's like 1 out 1 million men ... As the matter of fact the recent woman that booked me on home delivery to perform diagnostics on her Honda crv at wuye, I repeatedly tell her madam, my cost of diag is 10k if you can't pay up to this, let me stay back in my garage and attend to other customers, she said she agreed,
I fueled my car and got there, performed the diag even get the car ac working to prove my point, but next she transferred 5k into my account and told me that's all she can afford till this very day, the outstanding 5k wasn't paid. 
For most of you who are always siding women, I warned you mechanics to trade with caution when dealing with a woman.. 
The reason why this happened is cos I threw away my due protocol that I don't mess with when dealing with guys,

I don't say insult me for some of you who are daft, I said learn from my mistake

4 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by Foolishbuhari: 8:51am On Nov 09, 2020
Sorry man. Women will always be a very Complicated gender. With them, you have to throw away every sense of gentlemanliness else most of them will use it as an opportunity to take advantage of you.

Well I believe you've learned. Greater heights to you Bro

2 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by TRYGO(m): 9:09am On Nov 09, 2020
What I normally do is to,
1. Get as much as possible, a lot of the customers complaints penned down on paper, or WhatsApp, so that there won't be problems in future.

2. I do asks for 75-90% of advanced fee, before starting such jobs.

3. I specially asks the customer, to SPECIFICALLY STATE what EXACTLY TGEY WANT FIXED (scope of job). If you don't do this, you'd keep spending your money with the hope of the customer would pay you. Some would actually pay you back, while others, like in your case, would look for an excuse to cause problems, either for the sake of it, or because they can't pay.

PS: Everyone happens to learn some life experiences in this field as one progresses in this learning curve.

5 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by maynation(f): 9:24am On Nov 09, 2020
So she spent 210k on a Volkswagen jetta Fsi 1.6l 2006, with those listed damages. Jesu saanu.
You should have advised the woman against it from the start. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by BamBamK: 9:26am On Nov 09, 2020
sorry about ur experience
Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by naijadrivablog: 9:35am On Nov 09, 2020
Moral of this story, never use your money to work for customers, especially females.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by Kingdemu: 11:02am On Nov 09, 2020
maynation:
So spends 210k on a Volkswagen jetta Fsi 1.6l 2006, with those listed damages. Jesu saanu.
Response from a typical woman

7 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by Ogbuu101: 11:19am On Nov 09, 2020
Kingdemu:
Especially one who has never owned nor been responsible for the maintenance of even a motorcycle.

6 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by Inception(m): 1:03pm On Nov 09, 2020
Kingdemu:

grin
Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by mrcoolautofix(m): 9:30pm On Jan 28, 2021
Foolishbuhari:
Sorry man. Women will always be a very Complicated gender. With them, you have to throw away every sense of gentlemanliness else most of them will use it as an opportunity to take advantage of you.

Well I believe you've learned. Greater heights to you Bro
Up till now the idiot is still on the run after i reported to police...

3 Likes

Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by mrcoolautofix(m): 9:33pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ogbuu101:

Especially one who has never owned nor been responsible for the maintenance of even a motorcycle.
Buying a car that wort 1.6m for Nigerian use at 650k is not a bad deal & invested 330k to get it back which includes engine purchase & replacement

1 Like

Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by mrcoolautofix(m): 9:35pm On Jan 28, 2021
maynation:
So spends 210k on a Volkswagen jetta Fsi 1.6l 2006, with those listed damages. Jesu saanu.
Well i am not Volkswagen car manufacturing company that knows everything that could be wrong at first including cost implications.

1 Like

Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by mrcoolautofix(m): 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2021
TRYGO:
What I normally do is to,
1. Get as much as possible, a lot of the customers complaints penned down on paper, or WhatsApp, so that there won't be problems in future.

2. I do asks for 75-90% of advanced fee, before starting such jobs.

3. I specially asks the customer, to SPECIFICALLY STATE what EXACTLY TGEY WANT FIXED (scope of job). If you don't do this, you'd keep spending your money with the hope of the customer would pay you. Some would actually pay you back, while others, like in your case, would look for an excuse to cause problems, either for the sake of it, or because they can't pay.

PS: Everyone happens to learn some life experiences in this field as one progresses in this learning curve.
I have it on our WhatsApp chat dude,

A thief will still thief what ever she planned & head for the exit.. in hope of getting away

1 Like

Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by MrWraith: 10:47am On Jan 29, 2021
Lol, and the numerous cases of men having issues with other men nko? Bad customer doesn't have a gender. Better luck next time

1 Like

Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by weyreypey: 8:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ogbuu101:

Our wife maynation will buy you as a car and maintain you without sweat. Not every woman is from your dynasty
Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by xperiencelove(m): 2:18am On Jan 31, 2021
That VW Passat 06-08 is a problematic car. It is too much electrical. The most worrisome part is that, in a whole local government, you may not see any mechanic that will repair the car. They do avoid it like plaque.
Re: Learn From My Mistakes Working On A Woman's Car! by mrcoolautofix(m): 10:11am On Jul 01, 2021
xperiencelove:
That VW Passat 06-08 is a problematic car. It is too much electrical. The most worrisome part is that, in a whole local government, you may not see any mechanic that will repair the car. They do avoid it like plaque.

Not for people like me guy... This car don't mess with me engine electrical computer and controls...

(1) (Reply)

How Costly Is Ford Edge To Maintain / Air Bag Accident - Help / Honda Pilot Radio Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.