Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System (31358 Views)

Bowen University Jokes About ASUU Strikes / FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. / IPPIS: ASUU To Meet NASS Leaders In Fight Against Payroll System Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by Sunnycliff(m): 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2020
Kingpele:
But how do u dictate to your employer

BUHARI THAT WE EMPLOYED, DON'T HE DICTATE FOR US?

5 Likes

Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by onajo2000(m): 6:48pm On Nov 09, 2020
If there is no loop holes then don't expect the government to approve it... If they can't manipulate it then just forget it
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by Raychee(f): 6:48pm On Nov 09, 2020
OKOATA:
wink
Nigeria a Country where Professors rig elections for Politicians but expel students for Examination Malpractices.

The same Politicians end up punishing the Professors with non payment of salary then the Professors turn back and punish the student with Long ASUU Strike!

Heartless people in the high positions

3 Likes

Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by Chibueze90: 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2020
Sunnycliff:

BUHARI THAT WE EMPLOYED, DON'T HE DICTATE FOR US?
lol very funny

1 Like

Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by LordErrk: 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2020
RomanianNinja:
Make I do comot from Nigeria

Abeg wetin you wan go these countries do? Even Niger better pass dem
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by MoIbrahim: 6:52pm On Nov 09, 2020
Kingpele:
But how do u dictate to your employer

Who is employer? Everybody including politicians is government employee. And government belongs to all Nigerians, not the private company of anybody's father.

And government has laws, and one of the laws has been quoted above by ASUU.

1 Like

Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by Mpotomisticai(m): 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2020
The last salary I got from FG was in June and am not giving up on ASUU.... We will stop at nothing until the FG accepts UTAS. IPPIS Is a big scam... The strike has given me enough time to concentrate on my paint production, painting, electrical wiring and piggery business.... As an academic, I wouldn't wish my kids to school in Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by Prinss: 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2020
So who will be in charge of managing the so UTAS system??
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by frankobobby(m): 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2020
Coronavirus84:
G
Ma sun!!!
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by Fahdiga(m): 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2020
cassidy1996:
welcome to Utah
T bag in prison break season 2

1 Like

Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by Newbiee: 7:00pm On Nov 09, 2020
Who selfish ASUU help.

When people are saying ASUU is fighting for the revitalisation of the university system I laugh. Because the ASUU I know are only fighting for their pocket.

They are only interested in exemption from IPPIS because of the multiple salaries they are getting, which the IPPIS do not accommodate.

1 Like

Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by oyatainer(m): 7:03pm On Nov 09, 2020
MoIbrahim:

Who is employer? Everybody inuding politicians is government employee. And government belongs to all Nigerians, not the private company of anybody's father.

And government has laws, and one of the laws has been quoted above by ASUU.

So no difference between public servant and civil servant ? You are a clown.
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by cassidy1996(m): 7:10pm On Nov 09, 2020
Fahdiga:
T bag in prison break season 2
seems you read my mind, thumbs up!
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by MrBONE2(m): 7:10pm On Nov 09, 2020
OKOATA:
wink
Nigeria a Country where Professors rig elections for Politicians but expel students for Examination Malpractices.

The same Politicians end up punishing the Professors with non payment of salary then the Professors turn back and punish the student with Long ASUU Strike!
grin

1 Like

Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 09, 2020
OKOATA:
wink

When and how did Professors rig elections for politicians?

OKOATA yarning okoto.
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by brexit: 7:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
Why can I ASUU leave us to restructure Nigeria now that there is need to do so

In this case government is not the problem because other Unions on campus said they won't accept UTAS

Government should do the needful to proscrbe the Unions so that education can move forward, enough of this Hide and Seek game, we as a nation is already backward academically
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by nyiamfrank: 7:14pm On Nov 09, 2020
Supetheboys:
I have five things to say: Things Things Things Things Things
This guy, you no go kill me with laugh this evening
Meanwhile, I am going to send you 5K for that funny comment.
here is your ALERT: K K K K K
Thank you.
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by MikkieEl: 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2020
cassidy1996:
welcome to Utah
Na so.
Montana
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by rant19ade: 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2020
Its a shitty thing to 'how can employees be dictating mode of payment to employers' or ' ASSU shd just resume with IPPIS'. Especially coming from supposed educated youths.
Is it OK with you for your employer to employ a mode of payment that is to ur detriment, cutting ur salaries and allowances for nothing.? SSANU and NASU and now regretting why. FG promised to make it issue free but its not been so.
So why is FG hellbent on this shit? bcus its another beehive of corruption, should they try UTAS and it works, that means the end for the govt guys benefitting from IPPISS, hence their Dillydallies.
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by harmony75: 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2020
Fg should allow ASUU to suit themselves.. it is their payment Naw
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by shadeyinka(m): 7:30pm On Nov 09, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

FG that can't make its own crafted IPPIS work would now suddenly make UTAS an overnight wonder?

Trust me, that's a joke being taken too far.

By the way, there are a lot of workers under IPPIS in many sectors of the country. Why is ASUU's own such a big deal? Those I know who work under FG actually appreciate IPPIS because it saves them from some unnecessary deductions, according to them.
IPPIS was designed for civil servants and not research organisations and universities. The research organisations using IPPIS had not been able to employ research fellows, sabbatical Staff, post doc researchers since they joined IPPIS. The only thing is that they collect their salaries.
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by freemi(m): 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2020
TossTos:
With the level of incompetence in the IPPIS , i strongly want the UTAS too .
Imagine , they made payment , some got less { 8K } , some didnt and they said some got excess and want them to pay back the excess .
Come on !
Thats crazy !
u see dos errors u mentioned UTAS will b worse. IPPis can improve. It's new n needs scaling to perfection. Lecturers r corrupt n wants to continue stealing. It won't work
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by freemi(m): 7:39pm On Nov 09, 2020
harmony75:
Fg should allow ASUU to suit themselves.. it is their payment Naw
one lecturer teaching in 5 different department and other institution were young aspiring lecturer r suppose to be. It's too bad. Why not lecture then retire n go home.
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by sevenhundred(m): 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2020
stag:
I've never seen anywhere ASUU explicitly detailed how & why the UTAS is better than the so-called IPPIS undecided

I think IPPIS is a better way to steal for FG while UTAS is a better way to steal for ASUU. One pins the other down in the mud, not realising he has to remain in same mud to keep the other pinned down.

Meanwhile, while the elephants fight, the students are getting older at home.
many of them already got married!!!
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by Cyprian221: 7:48pm On Nov 09, 2020
FG that can't make its own crafted IPPIS work would now suddenly make UTAS an overnight wonder?

Trust me, that's a joke being taken too far.

By the way, there are a lot of workers under IPPIS in many sectors of the country. Why is ASUU's own such a big deal? Those I know who work under FG actually appreciate IPPIS because it saves them from some unnecessary deductions, according to them. [/quote][color=#000099][/color]

Bros na lie IPPS has too many deficiencies and am talking from experience, and there are unexplained deductions on IPPS likewise there is certain percentage that the developers of IPPS will taking per transaction made
While UTAS is absolutely free and convenient
Have you ask yourself why the FG is still insisting on IPPS even when they have accepted that alot of errors have been noticed?
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by BigBrother9ja: 7:49pm On Nov 09, 2020
ASUU must be very stupîd to think that they can come up with something that will be adopted for All university staff WITHOUT CARRYING OTHER UNIVERSITY STAFF ALONG.

THIS STRIKE GO LONG NO BE SMALL....

Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by aljharem(m): 7:51pm On Nov 09, 2020
BigBrother9ja:
ASUU must be very stupîd to think that they can come up with something that will be adopted for All university staff WITHOUT CARRYING OTHER UNIVERSITY STAFF ALONG.

THIS STRIKE GO LONG NO BE SMALL....

So a professor should collect 8k salary while senator 32 million naira

Sir you are a fool !!!! angry
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by RomanianNinja: 7:55pm On Nov 09, 2020
LordErrk:

Abeg wetin you wan go these countries do? Even Niger better pass dem
That's the point... Niger is even better than Nigeria
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by FunkyAlhaji2015: 8:03pm On Nov 09, 2020
Karlifate:
Good to know.

So far, UTAS has been in the positive light than IPPIS.

Even PENGASSAN are about to embark on strike cos of this same IPPIS.

You're funny!

PENGASSAN staff are predominantly multinational and private organisations
Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by BigBrother9ja: 8:05pm On Nov 09, 2020
aljharem:

So a professor should collect 8k salary while senator 32 million naira

Sir you are a fool !!!! angry
@bolded, you must have mistaken me for your father. Or deh.
So you believed that a professor received 8k?
You deserve an award.

1 Like

Re: UTAS: 5 Things You Should Know About ASUU’s Preferred Payroll System by megasavway: 8:14pm On Nov 09, 2020
when is the last day for ASUU&FG strike?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sylvester Oromoni's Family Celebrates His 12th Posthumous Birthday / Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience / Pictures Only People Who Attend Obafemi Awolowo University Will Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.