Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Nigeria's Permanent Secretary, Babatunde Lawal, Dies (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Permanent Secretary, Babatunde Lawal, Dies (Photo) (633 Views)

Liver Cancer: Babatunde Lawal Is Dead Babatunde Lawal (Permanent Secretary) / Sylvester Debe Ojukwu Is Dead! Ojukwu's First Son Dies (PHOTO) / Onyekachi Elechi Is Dead. Martin Elechi's Son Dies (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Permanent Secretary, Babatunde Lawal, Dies (Photo) by BleedingPen: 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2020
Mr. Babatunde Lawal is dead. Igbere TV reports that Mr. Lawal is a prominent Nigerian permanent secretary from Lagos state.

Family members of the deceased confirmed the development to newsmen, on Modnay morning, in Abuja.

Although details surrounding his death are still sketchy, it was gathered that Lawal suffered cancer of the liver.

Until his death, Lawal headed cabinet affairs secretariat at the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

He was 56.

Borrn in May 28, 1964, the deceased was an Economist; with a Bachelor and Masters degrees in Economics and strong bias in fiscal policy analysis, management and strategic planning.

Mr. Lawal joined the Federal Civil Service in October 1987 as a Planning Officer Grade I and deployed to the Federal Ministry of Economic Planning.

He acquired post-graduation and on-the-job training in world class rated institutions such as Harvard Kenney School, Korean Institute of Development Studies, University of Amsterdam, the World Bank Institute, and the London High-Brow Institute – The Crown Agents.

Lawal worked in several Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs), including the Ministry of Budget and National Planning (MBNP) formally National Planning Commission (NPC), Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Office of the Vice President, and the Presidency.

He has also served as a member of the Federation Accounts and Revenue Allocation Committee; Technical member of the National Economic Management Team; Co-Chair (Public Sector), Nigerian Economic Summit and as a Governing Board member of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), the Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

The deceased permanent secretary was a member of several professional associations, including the Nigerian Economic Society (NES).

Before his recent appointment as a Permanent Secretary, Lawal served as the Director (Macroeconomic Analysis) in the Ministry of Budget and National Planning, a position he held since May, 2011.

https://igberetvnews.com/1370991/breaking-nigerian-top-permanent-secretary-lawal-dies/

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

Re: Nigeria's Permanent Secretary, Babatunde Lawal, Dies (Photo) by BleedingPen: 12:10pm On Nov 09, 2020
Re: Nigeria's Permanent Secretary, Babatunde Lawal, Dies (Photo) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
Condolences to Mr Lawal Family..
Day after day people must go,
It's something that Must Happen day after day!

What is Most Important is you and me being Prepared for the next life..

Every other thing is Meaningless..
Preparation is all about JESUS and JESUS alone..
Re: Nigeria's Permanent Secretary, Babatunde Lawal, Dies (Photo) by Perfecttouch(m): 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2020
Anybody wey Wan die should die joor..
Rip to the dead

I look around me today and believe, everything Nigeria is frustrating right now..
Re: Nigeria's Permanent Secretary, Babatunde Lawal, Dies (Photo) by Mynd44: 1:58pm On Nov 09, 2020

(1)

I Have Suffered I Can Never Be Normal Again: Dr. Kemi Olunloyo / Appeal Court Sacks Ararume, Reinstates Ibezim / 6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.