Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State. (636 Views)

6 Major Findings About Tinubu From The CSU Documents By Farooq Kperogi / 8 Major Things Tinubu Said About APC Crisis, 2023 Presidential Ambition / Xenophobic Attacks: Nigerian Govt Demands Two Major Things From South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State. by Qrash(m): 8:04am On Jan 31, 2021
I feel ashame thinking about Kogi State always.

OPPORTUNITIES IN KOGI STATE

•Out of 31mineral resources in Nigeria, Kogi has 27.

•By landmarks Kogi is bigger than Lagos.

•Kogi is the first federal catipal territory in Nigeria before Lagos.

• Ajaokuta steel company alone can beat many countries' natural resources.

• The fertile land in Eastern and western part of the state can make us compete with Benue as food basket of the nation.

BUT NO DEVELOPMENT BECAUSE

1. Lost opportunities. Our past KINGs had many golden opportunities squandered away. The federal government wanted building airport in Ankpa but the Onuh at that time refused citing that they don't have enough land to give to white men.
The federal government proposed Barrack same in Ankpa but the King said the sholddiers will finish their daughters.
Dekina would have being the economic hub but the King troubled the white and they left there to settle at Onisha and you can imagine the economic boom in Onisha till date (although I equally know Igbos as economic technocrats).

2. Foundational issues. During the reign of Ameh Oboni 1, there were many sacrifices that were done to fortify the land to an extent of using his daughter for atonement. His successors may not have been able to follow his steps in those sacrifices dilligently and that may have great effect on the descendants except those who strongly believe in their God.

3. Fetish practices. I know Africans to be spiritual but the fetish practices in Edo, Ogun, Kogi, Akwa Ibom, Benue and other related states is so alarming but the unfortunate thing about Kogi is that they don't know how to convert their charms to Money making machine unlike Edo.

4. Poor political leadership. I know Nigeria doesn't have good leaders and Kogi is an example of it.
Prince Abubakar brought University but he killed his administration with pride.
We thought we have had enough of Abubakar not knowing that after him, the political leadership will be in downward slide.
Ibro Idris did not bring development but pay salary
Wada started half salary but paid every workers.
Yahaya Bello sacked many civil servants without replacement and called them ghost workers and the people that are not in his good books like any employee through Dino and other PDP'S doesn't get paid. Even though you are in APC and your godfather is not in his good books be sure no salary for you.
Money for infrastructural development and for civil servants that he embezzled without singular project in the state is what he is trusting vying for President.

5. Poor mentality. While Igbos compete with their brothers and try to overtake them for who have the highest money, my Kogi brothers witch-hunt their brothers for being successful. That's why you see many of the rich men investing and spending their money in the cities without doing much in their hometowns for fear of being killed. In fact they prefer helping other people than their own people except for few individuals.

6. Ignorance. Many of them don't know it but they believe they know more than you that knows it. So even trying to help them requires lots of wisdom because of their interpretation to the help you want to render.
There are more to it but let me stop here while the elders in the land will tell us more.

credits to @BBL3691.

post related to https://www.nairaland.com/6382307/kogi-state-cursed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State. by chatinent: 8:05am On Jan 31, 2021

11. They were the only state to boldly refuse Nigeria scamdemic of bloating figures.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State. by Nackzy: 8:05am On Jan 31, 2021
1. They have a very foolish governor
2. The have Kidnappers in Excess

2 Likes

Re: 6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State. by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 31, 2021
I swear to God this lady needs to be awarded or given something. it's painful you didn't finish your school. to God this girl deserve make we contribute something give her make she start her business. such intelligence from a lady should not be wasted.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State. by Qrash(m): 8:11am On Jan 31, 2021
purehearttt:
I swear to God this lady needs to be awarded or given something. it's painful you didn't finish your school. to God this girl deserve make we contribute something give her make she start her business. such intelligence from a lady should not be wasted.

thank you sir,

300k standing between me and my dreams.

thanks for your care.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State. by Unlimitk(m): 8:18am On Jan 31, 2021
Qrash:

thank you sir,

300k standing between me and my dreams.
thanks for your care.
me to oo I also need like 400k Nigeria don scatter
Re: 6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State. by chinjo(m): 8:35am On Jan 31, 2021
Kogi is also known for having the most useless Governor in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State. by Sammy07: 8:38am On Jan 31, 2021
chinjo:
Kogi is also known for having the most useless Governor in Nigeria

Its not only Kogi bros.
Benue, Niger, cross river
Re: 6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State. by Qrash(m): 8:42am On Jan 31, 2021
why is my post always not reaching fp ? lalasticlala
Re: 6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State. by Valkrie: 8:50am On Jan 31, 2021
Sammy07:

Its not only Kogi bros.
Benue, Niger, cross river

Yeah..but Kogi own is on another level...!!
Re: 6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State. by triple996(m): 9:34am On Jan 31, 2021
Kogi.
It's very unfortunate
Okene,lokoja, etc cities with alot of potentials
Re: 6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State. by NkanAkpanika: 9:38am On Jan 31, 2021
If Kogi was the first capital of Nigeria then what happen to CALABAR?
Secondly Akwa Ibom people are 99%Christians.
We are not fetish ok
Lastly who told you that Kogi houses the highest mineral resources in Nigeria?

Pls always get your facts right ok
Re: 6 Major Things You Need To Know About Kogi State. by lovetterrison(m): 9:50am On Jan 31, 2021
����� this gibberish and total nonsense you typed completely represent igala land and their envious spirit with juju syndrome ‘ you hardly see their men successful because they are all attacking each other that’s why there is no development their. I’m from Okun land and all u wrote doesn’t represent the whole kog.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bill Gates' Synthetic Beef / Female Cross Rivers State Student Caught With Pistol / -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.